Some suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Tristan Angeles, May 12, 2013.

1. Both players should pass before going to next round:
    -When a player has run out of cards to play(due to distance, no more attacks etc..) he will find himself
    passing until the opponent also passes. This makes the player pass turns without actually doing anything. Maybe there should be some sort of in-game action related to passing like gaining a hit point,or getting some modifier to a defense die roll etc.. just so the player doesn't feel cheated out of a turn.

-Movement:Allow the player to move 1 space if he doesn't have any movement cards.

Anyways I just started the game. Looking awesome so far!
    -Tristan

2. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

I would respectfully say no to both of these suggestions. Running out of cards is part of the strategy of the game. Movement is also a part of strategy, you get one free move card per turn and it's up to you to tune your deck with more or less extra movement.

McFluffins and Jayce like this.
  3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

If I might elaborate without sounding pushy?

I think both those options are interesting, but they risk adding some unnecessary issues while sacrificing the "everything in the game comes from cards" strategic setup which skip_intro references. The "issues" are that extra powers are generated out of nothing: if you are stripped of Move cards, the very act of losing those cards makes you able to Move at will; if you are stripped to zero playable cards, the very act of being crippled means you can heal at will.

Consider: you go through a lot of effort to flush out enemy cards so your enemy will be trapped in the middle of a Lava Pool with nowhere to run, but now what? Your enemy Moves for free. Most Terrain cards are now worthless.

And consider: suppose your last card is Whirlwind. Maybe your opponent has a ton of Step cards, though, so you play Whirlwind and everybody scatters out of reach. Now you can heal point after point while your opponent struggles to reach you Step by Step. What's worse is that this healing is hard to predict or quantify: a Heal card is something you strategize in deckbuilding, but not this "pass" feature.

In short, ideas like this might work very well in some other game built to integrate them. Probably not here.

skip_intro likes this.
  4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

100% agree.