Social Controls

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Mutak, May 17, 2013.

1. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

We've all run into the jerk who is always badgering you to move faster, or just plain wants to talk trash. Muting and blocking, as well as friend lists and all the other stuff like that needs to be in the game.

Also, now that it has been brought up tangentially, the time limit on multi games is way too long. You should forfeit after 5 mins of inactivity.

2. DragonMind

DragonMind Mushroom Warrior

I wouldn't change the time limit on a multiplayer game session, though having a certain amount of inactivity
    as you say should result in ending that players turn, and maybe after 2 or 3 turns ended that way, that players loses due to inactivity.
    However to avoid soemkind of inactivity abuse to gain easy points, only a minimum of points should be awarded, in such a way
    the active player is not punished, but few enough to discourage abuse.

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Just make it simple if they haven't moved for 8 minutes they lose the game. Anything important enough to leave someone waiting for 8 minutes is worth losing a game over. Not sure what kind of abuse you are talking about to be fair asking them nicely to go bake a cake because you are coming over for coffee?

4. DragonMind

DragonMind Mushroom Warrior

Yeah well that's just good you can't see how it can be abused,
    and I won't explain, simply because I won't risk anyone getting
    encouraged to try it out, if changes like that should be made.

5. The_Mormegil

The_Mormegil Mushroom Warrior

I concur, that change is risky. It is easily abused with a 5 minutes time limit on certain games.

6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

What a massive cop out but fine lets not punch holes in a system that might be implemented good idea...

7. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

So, the system I've been planning to do is a maximum time limit for each turn. The first two times you hit this, the game auto-passes for you. After the third time, you lose.

Muting and blocking are on the to-do list as well!

Wozarg likes this.
  8. Gnug315

Gnug315 Mushroom Warrior

On the subject of abuse, how about win-trading? Ie. taking turns resigning to win loot. Obviously depends on how many are queueing for ranked, and how many are in on it.

9. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

Another thing: the ability to lock a game you are playing and present observers from joining and the ability to mute observers.

10. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

In the next build the matchmaker is going to actively prevent you playing the same people in succession.

11. Gnug315

Gnug315 Mushroom Warrior

I appreciate the effort, but I think this may hurt more than it helps.

If there's only a few people in the lobby, or only a few of high or low ranked players in the lobby that can meet each other, this will hurt everyone who isn't win-trading. Personally, I actually actively try to rematch the same player, because it's fun to rematch with knowledge of the other person's deck. But I suppose one can always go casual =)

Perhaps if statistics are kept, the egregious examples will stand out enough to warrant disciplinary action.

Once again, I appreciate and applaud the effort you're putting into creating the best game and environment possible. Hang in there! :)

12. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

And another thing...;)
    A pop-up with a short countdown before entering a match would be nice - so you can finish any conversations you're having in chat.

Starting match in 5...4...3...

13. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

Also...being able to sort the player list in multi by name or rank and maybe an indicator if the person is waiting for a game.