So how lucky are you? How many legendaries do you have?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Guises, Oct 3, 2013.

?

How many legendaries do you have?

1. One, just Melvelous' hand

8.2%
  2. Two

8.2%
  3. Three

14.3%
  4. Four

16.3%
  5. Five

8.2%
  6. Six

2.0%
  7. Seven

8.2%
  8. Eight

2.0%
  9. Nine

6.1%
  10. Ten+

26.5%
  1. sRn

sRn Kobold

I got a quite a few legenderies, but recently I found a funny one Fine Brass Toupee, I guess its only for selling..

2. hwango

hwango Hydra

Oh, that was painful. Usually I don't look at what I would have gotten if I were a club member, but this time...it looked like Vibrant Pain, and I just had to mouse over to see if it really was... Yep, I officially missed out on Vibrant Pain. = (

3. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

The 2nd golden chest from MP had a present for me today. Got Suvv's Boots Of Escape making 9 legendary drops (not counting treasures).

3 copies of Escaping Run for a major power token. Looks nice, now I only need to think about a build which would actually benefit from such an item xD

4. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

5. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

I suppose I'd use it, just not for escaping. It never says anything about how you can't also end your turn next to an enemy. To me, it would just be a dual purpose card similar to Spin Around that allows me to get a better position on a nearby enemy but also draw a card for a chance to attack afterward. Worst case, it's a run with benefits. Flanking trogs with step attacks in my deck comes to mind... Or maybe a potential cycling card for one of those draw decks that are all the rage?
    Although, I'm sure there are plenty of squishy wizards or spear users who'd like this more for it's intended purpose.
    For a major power token, it wouldn't be allowed in most of the dungeons I'd want to use it in for SP.

6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I'm not saying Escaping Run per-se isn't a good card. It's the major token thing. Even within the context of a draw engine build, chances are some other item is going to have a priority over that gold token. But yeah, I can definitely see good uses for the item, given you can spare to equip those boots instead of something else more useful.

7. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

This reminds me, I've got one character that even when equipped to the nines always has tokens to spare. My firestorm wizard. Those boots would be great for her, the more I think about it. Equipping a couple Staff of the Inferno leaves her with so much leeway with tokens, especially if you're also just opting for ochre robes, that a pair of boots that would allow her to keep her distance while drawing even more attack cards would make her a downright troll, I think. The decision then moves from whether or not my other slots can get a token to the luxury of simply chosing which slots will use a blue, and which a yellow.

Bandreus likes this.
  8. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

damn, was so happy to see the 'legendary' tag to pop up in the chest but it turn out to be Troll Cigars ;p 1000 gold isn't bad but it is still a bit disappointing, given that my local radimar's supplier is a slacker!

9. Andrew Talbot

Andrew Talbot Mushroom Warrior

I love seeing the tag pop up as well (and the music, the music is the cherry on top)... But I think I'd rather the gold considering how junky half my legendaries always seem to be.

10. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

me too!

heh, just got an epic which turned out to be a treasure... and just realised that that my last 4 epic and legendary items were all treasures (one epic was from a purple chest that I fought for like 6h!)... BM, is that some kind of conspiracy or what? :D

11. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Gotta be my lucky looting day. Get to open my first MP epic chest ever, and scored a Bern's Untouchable Mail :3

Which also means hitting the 10 legendary item drops mark! Sadly I didn't keep count of treasures, but aside from the Gold Thread Toupee still sitting in my vault, I think I found at least a couple sigars.

piotras likes this.
  12. Armoek

Armoek Mushroom Warrior

while 90% of my legendaries are pretty unusable nothing beats my latest find Superb Flexibility

13. Andrew Talbot

Andrew Talbot Mushroom Warrior

Congratulations! Many people consider that the best Heavy armor in the game. :)

Bandreus likes this.
  14. Made it through the campaign and puttered around multiplayer for a bit, and am currently running my second party through the campaign for giggles. about midway through that got my first legendary, The Strongarm . It's nice for not having any power orbs on it, but not really anything I would take into MP.

Bandreus likes this.
  15. kogi

kogi Ogre

That is totally what you should take in MP. It is definitely OP for zero power orbs. This then free's up orbs for other bits
    I would argue that The Strongarm and Blazing Shortsword are both staples for MP warriors

Bearson Onyx and Armoek like this.
  16. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

just letting you know The Strongarm is easily regarded as being among the best warrior weapons in the game. That being said, you can just send that to me via mail if you don't really need it :p

17. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

yea, look at the Beater for example, also legendary with similar damage but requires a minor power token, The Strongarm definitely shines for the token price

18. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

my first MP chest of the day and got this: St. Portia's Mail, not bad (besides the complete lack of synergy)

19. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Lol. That's pretty funny. It seems many of these legendary priests were fond of frenzy. See St. Osrim's Corona and St. Tesrim's Corona. Man, these saints were zealots! ;)

Bearson Onyx and piotras like this.