So how lucky are you? How many legendaries do you have?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Guises, Oct 3, 2013.

?

How many legendaries do you have?

1. One, just Melvelous' hand

8.2%
  2. Two

8.2%
  3. Three

14.3%
  4. Four

16.3%
  5. Five

8.2%
  6. Six

2.0%
  7. Seven

8.2%
  8. Eight

2.0%
  9. Nine

6.1%
  10. Ten+

26.5%
  1. hwango

hwango Hydra

Three for me at the moment, though I had a fourth in the form of an Orc Painting that I sold so I could buy cool stuff from Randimar's. I have the Hand, Ichabod's Buckler, which is sadly inferior to my other shield options, and Quornic's Battleaxe which is...kinda neat, but also probably not as good as some of my other weapons requiring the same power tokens. It's nice that all of the Legendary items don't completely overshadow the other items, but I admit that it would be nice to get at least one that makes me go "Wow, I'm so equipping that!"

I've played through the campaign, replayed some adventures including 13 quests, not delved into MP yet, and am not a club member.

2. shazbot

shazbot Mushroom Warrior

I had a nervous tick yesterday after I found a a legendary item in a chest only to see that it was treasure :(

3. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

1k treasures lets you buy items you really need if those ever show up at Randimars. Much better than rolling a legendary you don't know what to do with (which happens surprisingly often)

hwango likes this.
  4. SystemIsDown

SystemIsDown Mushroom Warrior

5. hwango

hwango Hydra

Agreed. That Orc Painting let me buy a whole bunch of stuff including an Aegis Of The Defender from Randimar's, which I would have been delighted to get instead of Ichabod's Buckler.

6. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless Goblin Champion

Through club membership, treasure hunts and a lot of quests I've found 3 legendary treasures + 14 legendary items (not counting the set Hand) ... exactly ONE of which I've used with any regularity: St. Portia's Maul, the very first I found. There are maybe three others that I've briefly swapped in for a specific adventure, but for the most part I've had no luck for god-tier equipment at all.

7. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Pokemath and Bandreus like this.
  8. hwango

hwango Hydra

Wow, that is indeed a pretty awesome Maul.

9. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

So, I'm playing every now and then for 3 weeks now, went through the campaign (haven't done much of the quests yet but started MP lately) and got the following:

Hand Of Melvelous (of course)
    Bleneth's Frenzy Charm - got it quite early on and was with me throughout the game, the only time i took it off my priest in MP was to give to a second priest in a experimental build ;)
    Beater - very nice item in the campaign, was using it quite often. Although very cost-effective, it just lucks the punch in MP. First time I played MP I was surprised with how common 11+ dmg attacks are (even on priests!) while all I acquired through my campaign loot didn't grant me a single item with more than 10 dmg (Violent Overswing).
    Ferocity - no power token, speeds up card draw, but the actual cards on it are meh in my taste
    Mandaeus's Aegis - nice, but didn't use it yet, would suit an elf team I suppose
    Spear Of St Qaith - nice, but I prefer to play ranged attacks, like spears, on my priests
    Staff Of Embers - great! Used it by the end of the campaign, switched it out after a few multiplayer games for the frosty staffs and alike

so 7 in 3 weeks of rather casual gaming, looks good! :)

10. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Holy mother of ninjas.
    Vibrant Pain.
    Infinite flying kicks, here I come.

Pokemath, Bearson Onyx and Bandreus like this.
  11. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Grats Aldones, great drop.

12. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

13. Bearson Onyx

Bearson Onyx Goblin Champion

14. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

Well, I finally got my second Legendary, about 7 levels into the 'no-death' quests... the full-flavoured but supremely carcinogenic Dwarven Panatellas!

I will save them for now, I think - at least if I want to go on a shopping spree for rares sometime I have 1000g.

15. Gerry Quinn

And one day later, Kelharin's Clogs, which seem like not a game changer, but a nice option for my wizard or priest often if they have a spare token.

Yesterday I also got a second Cleansing Diamond (a treasure hunt reward - epic, not legendary) when I repeated the same treasure hunt as a quest. Just coincidence, I assume. Not bad at all, as I think if you want one of those you'll want two!

16. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

After 1 month, basically playing every day, with club membership and completed campaign and 1/4th of quests - no mp matches or chest purchased: 16 legendaries.

17. Bearson Onyx

Bearson Onyx Goblin Champion

you may wanna reconsider that. any boots with Team Run is in my opinion atleast, a game changer.
    unless you already have Team Run on atleast one or two of your guys, having these boots is a huge asset.
    coupled with another item with a harness that reduces armor roll and you got some great protection as well.
    I would definitely equip those if I had'em and all at the cost of a minor token - legendary indeed.

Bandreus likes this.
  18. Gerry Quinn

Yes, you beat me to it - I was just about to edit my post! I just played a mission and discovered that Team Run is a lot better than Run, Team which I was confusing it with! That makes it a good card for my dwarf warrior too, and as you say, can be a game changer especially with an armour roll reducer. [Though probably more in MP than SP.]

I think my previous assessment would be valid if it were just Run, Team - but then again it probably wouldn't be a legendary then.

Bearson Onyx likes this.
  19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Kelharin's Clogs easily counts as one of the best pair of boots in the game. That was quite a valuable drop ;)

20. Boris

Boris Kobold

Only a minor power token for those?!

I currently have zero epics and two (zero useful) legendaries. Not finished the single player campaign yet.