So how lucky are you? How many legendaries do you have?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Guises, Oct 3, 2013.

?

How many legendaries do you have?

1. One, just Melvelous' hand

8.2%
  2. Two

8.2%
  3. Three

14.3%
  4. Four

16.3%
  5. Five

8.2%
  6. Six

2.0%
  7. Seven

8.2%
  8. Eight

2.0%
  9. Nine

6.1%
  10. Ten+

26.5%
  1. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

After a lot of playing I have, I think, a pretty decent number of epics but still only three legendaries, including the Hand Of Melvelous. I think I've been somewhat unlucky in this respect, but I'd like to put things in perspective: how many have you all managed to find? You might mention in the comments whether you've finished the campaign and whether you're a club member.

So: I have three, I've finished the campaign and maybe roughly 1/4 of the quests, and I am not a club member.

2. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

I have three, and I AM a club member. Although I'm not quite done the campeign yet.

3. pliers

pliers Goblin Champion

Club member, done with the campaign, 11 or 20 chests most days, also did all of the quests to do missions without dying, and about 15-20 other misc. quests so far.

I have somewhere around 22 legendary items, and Randimar's has not had a single one for sale for me since the game went live. This is about right though, as I have a bit over 100 epic items too, and the legendary rate is roughly 20% of the epic drop rate. That's not counting treasures, which I've found plenty off but vendor regularly and haven't counted.

Basically, I'm not lucky, I just play too much. And if it helps you avoid the feeling of wanting to castrate me, I only use about 1 legendary and 5 epics between all 3 of my chars combined, because the vast majority are terrible.

4. zelink551

zelink551 Goblin Champion

My least favorite Legendary I managed to find is the Deadly, Deadly Staff. Seriously, because exactly what I wanted on a 2 major token staff is pure damage...

5. Andrew Talbot

Andrew Talbot Mushroom Warrior

I've found ten exactly so far, most of them (seven) in a three day streak that I played through 85% of the SP game or so. Only one has been a treasure, most of the others are all but useless now, but were appreciated at the time. My most used piece is a gemless helm with two officers harness's and a reliable mail for my warrior. :p

6. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

Well, on the bright side, it sure is deadly!

Aldones likes this.
  7. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

Sadly, I think that's the only decent all-spark staff other than Lizard Fryer. It's not a great staff, but if you want to do an electric wizard with any kind of damage potential that's pretty much your only reasonable option.

The fact that it's legendary and that there are no sparks on arcane items pretty much makes a competitive electric wizard unfeasible though.

8. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Ben_Lee likes this.
  9. Eusix

Eusix Orc Soldier

Just counted and I'm at 15 legendary items.
    I've cleared the entire campaign and (if my count is correct) over 50 post-campaign quests for the rare, or better, items.
    I am a club member and I'm certain that has helped alot.

Most just sit there and collect dust, but the most useful ones are:
    Darune's Dagger
    Godtouched Mace
    Juniper's Boots
    Kelvin's Chunk Of Ice

10. Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack Mushroom Warrior

Well you're luckier than me, I finished the campaign a couple of days ago (treasure hunts included but no membership) and I didn't found any legendary, the Hand Of Melvelous drops every time so it really doesn't count.

11. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Nine for me, without club membership, with a finished campaign.

12. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

13. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

7, not finished campaing and no mp. Membership, first party at 16 and second at lvl 10.

14. zelink551

zelink551 Goblin Champion

When I go Lightning I like the Mindsplitter staff. I think I actually play with it in MP because Flash of Pain is great at unveiling armor and blocks.

15. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

54 not counting treasures (57 with treasures). At least half of those came from purchased chests (I had a lot of pizza built up from the Beta). But I still replay 10-12 SP adventures each day, I've beaten about 25 quests, etc... Just yesterday I pulled two legendaries from regular chests, so it does add up over time.

16. Jim

Jim Mushroom Warrior

15, no MP, finished Campaign (though not played all the quests), done maybe 20 challenges, club membership, no purchased chests.

Hackmaster made me smile so much when I found that one :D

17. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Wow, I'm at 5 and feeling pretty good about myself. I see legendaries pop up in the club member pillow a lot, personally. It's irksome, but that mean's it's doing it's job. :)
    What amuses me is the ones for club members always end up being really boss looking weapons, and the ones I get from normal chests are a lot more varied. Sometimes even silly:
    Hand of Wicna
    Hawlic's handy axe
    Oquith's foul incense
    Uula's Whirling Robes

Hawlic's axe was handy for about two levels before It stopped feeling all that handy, The incense seemed like kind of a gamble (in spite of the card draw), and the other two mostly look like they'd be trolling tools for MP.
    For that matter, I'm still trying to imagine where Hand of Wicna would feel most appropriate in the campaign. I've been trying to think of a map where enemies would both need to be blocked with walls, but also move sufficiently far to make path of knives worthwhile. I guess against packs of dogs, or war monkeys? For that matter, does Path's damage effects proc every time a war monkey does that annoying do-see-do dodge? They're still moving, right?

18. Bearson Onyx

Bearson Onyx Goblin Champion

12. however there is this crazy thing which I doubt anyone can compete with me on, 3 of them are the same one! (25%) - Elemer's Pine Staff. crazier still is the fact I got the 3rd copy as my 5th legendary.
    the game was really weird that day... I dont even run a mage. in fact I only use 2 legendaries of the 12.

Attached Files:

19. Nim

Nim Mushroom Warrior

Uhhh, a couple dozen. But only a handful that I feel are worth using.

20. Nim

Nim Mushroom Warrior

Hell, I've got a Bern's Untouchable Mail and I don't even use a Warrior in my PvP team. Give me more Arcane Items damnit!