So about what happened a couple nights ago...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BlackVoidDeath, Feb 19, 2015.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I really wanted to tell someone about this but i didnt know who so, because i know most people here are not trolls or annoying and can sometimes be understanding i decided to post it here:
    A couple nights ago at about 20:00 (when i was leaving it was already dark) i set out to the nearest shop to buy some things, i had £20 to buy some stuff for the fridge, it is about a 15-20 minute walk to and back, nothing special happened on the way to the shop, but on the way back this happened:
    As i left the shop i began walking back home for about five minutes but then my vision was becoming a bit dark, no not because it was dark and 20:00 pm this was strange i had never seen/felt anything like it, this was kind of like the red tint around the edge of your screen when playing a first person game with HP, but this wasnt a red tint - it was a black one, like i was closing my eyes but from all sides like a camera when turned off, then feeling a little dizzy thought about sitting down, at this point i was walking through the park, this place had some benches and a lot of trees which were covering the rest of the light from the moon, as i sat down i saw a person entered through the gate and began walking down the path to the other side, no it wasnt walking it was like jumping or dancing. I dont get scared/spooked at all, but i was becoming superstitious as it walked closer (it because i couldnt tell if its a man or woman) because it's face was cover by black (probably dark brown but because of the lighting it seemed black) hair. The field is about half a mile long and you can see from one end to the other, so as the person passed me i suddenly felt like i was going to faint but not from freight but just randomly, and collapsed by the bench. I woke up and looked up, looked around but the person was gone and no-one was in-sight, then looking at my watch i could tell that i was unconscious only about for 30 seconds but the person couldnt have gotten to the other side in that time, except if they ran back through where they came in, all my things where still in my bag and why didnt the person call an ambulance and why did i faint when the person passed my me?
    Who do you think this person was?
    I DONT HAVE A CLUE!!!! i never found out
    This is not a joke, no seriously please call the police :confused:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

An online gaming forum is not the place to be looking for solutions for blacking out or creepy encounters. If you're serious you should contact a doctor, the police or a priest, and probably talk to your parents about it.

CT5, Fifjunior7 and Flaxative like this.
  3. BlackVoidDeath

But thats the thing i dont really want to tell anyone but here i am unknown and just wanted to share a story - like said i am not worried just wanted to share my story.

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Losing consciousness is nothing to hide or ignore. My recommendation stands.

CT5, Fifjunior7 and Flaxative like this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Is blacking out something that has happened to you before?

6. BlackVoidDeath, maybe the person who passed you ripped a very toxic fart that knocked you out.

7. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

BVD, does this happen to you a lot, or is it a one time occurrence? If it doesn't occur all that often, it's known as neurovascular syncope. This happens when the body has a brief but sudden drop in blood flow to the brain. The loss of consciousness is actually the body's way of protecting itself from damage.

This is nothing to worry about, unless it continues to happen. If so, consult your local witchdoctor.

8. BlackVoidDeath

No i do not just fall unconscious randomly and i dont have any diseases that cause me to go unconscious, re-thinking this i might have been drugged or something like that in shop there was an unnatural number of people in there (as in lost of people) and i recall bumping into multiple people when in there.
    NO! i said i am not telling anyone about this - i just wanted to know if people know what may have caused this or guess who that person was.
    Who? - is that a thing or are you joking, if yes then this is not a joke.
    Like i said no joke.

9. BlackVoidDeath

What kind of damage? - what do you mean by that?

10. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

I mean - Brain damage

11. BlackVoidDeath

Oh HAHA funny - i dont think anyone is taking me seriously, except @Scarponi

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Neurovascular syncope is real and fairly common. One thing that can trigger it is standing in line for too long. Lack of oxygen in brain (and/or eyes) can cause tunnel vision, and may sometimes also cause hallucinations.
    There are tons of things that could have caused your experience. Some serious, some not. If it happens again, see a doctor.

Flaxative likes this.
  13. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Fif is being serious, the body can literally shut down and lose consciousness in an attempt to protect the brain from certain potential neurological damage. Alternately there are hundreds of other things that can cause black outs. Some can be super serious (signs of life threatening issues) others can be caused by much less serious things and aren't a major concern. Only a knowledgeable professional can perform an examination and know the difference. There's no way for a random group of gamers on the internet to give you good advice on what could be the cause. (And even less possible for us to know who the person was, we don't even know who you are, and the vast majority of us probably don't even live in the same country as you, let alone the same city.) The mature response would be to seek the help of an adult you trust in person (whether that be a doctor that would keep the event confidential, or someone else). I'm afraid all you're going to get in an online game forum are jokes and wild speculation.

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Especially when the serious, helpful answers are dismissed or treated as bad jokes :(

Accent and CT5 like this.
  15. Grimmace

Grimmace Ogre

Used to happen a lot when i was 12-15, when i say a lot, i mean like a few times per year,
    its something you sort of grow out of, i believe it is idiopathic in nature, ie there is no known
    cause of the condition. I suspected either dehydration, shock, or simply low blood pressure in
    the brain as the reasons it occurs, but it is seemingly a random phenomenon.

Incidentally, i had a close shave today whilst driving on a freeway.
    The truck in front of me lost a wheelbarrow off the back and onto the road.
    Fortunately i was far enough behind to swerve into the next lane and avoid it.

So remember folks, leave at minimum a 2 second gap between you and the car in front.
    And if your carrying a load on board a tray or open boot, for goodness sake, tie it down
    twice as strong as you think is required.

Flaxative and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  16. BlackVoidDeath

This is the first time that this has happened to me so that makes me think thats its not Neurovascular Syncope, but i can see why you think its Neurovascular Syncope. But then again the person seemed VERY real.
    I see where you are comming from but i just made this thread because i wanted people to guess who the person was - because one thing that was bothering me was: why didnt they call an ambulance, if they were trying to rob me then why didnt they take my bag and i dont think almost anyone can run as fast as they did.
    Ok like i said i dont have any diseases that can cause this and i dont have brain damage... i think :confused:
    Hm... now that youve said that i hardly drink any water (or any liquid in general) but as i said i dont get scared at all and if anything my blood pressure is too high - higher than a normal person's.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You might want to change that, seeing as you live in a country that typically has clean water easily accessible.

18. BlackVoidDeath

I guess you are right, especially since i can see my skin becoming scaly like a lizard :(

19. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

This thread just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

20. BlackVoidDeath

Yea... sorry :p