Smithy- Build your own Items

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Juxtapostion, May 21, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

"Appreciation that the contest rules no longer allow people to post explanations of their items since it would attract hucksters and admen, jesters and jokers, bibliophiles and logorrheas; derail the thread with extortion and blackmail, electioneering and politicking, chit chat, this and that; stuff once-sparse entries with cinnamon synonyms and petit four metaphors; and inscribe hidden rituals to trap Aloyzo in the making and summon cacophanies of cacodemons; plus by the way I just wanted to say in case no one gets it that these are slippers are really fuzzy so they get all staticky when you walk over carpets so you can shoot lightning bolts out of your toes and I know sparks aren't on boots but I think it would work as long as Blue Manchu changed all the scenarios to have special carpet terrain that was the only way you could build up electrical charge points that are required to play spark spells if you're not a wizard PM me if you need any more details I know it's kind of complicated but anyway thanks for hosting contest Aloyzo and even if I don't win it's been great and thanks to my mom for raising me and all my friends watching at home God Bless Cardhuntria and I know we can make this item collection great again Slippers."
    That would be longest named item ever. A item with that name was submitted in the AA thread.
    (I wouldn't count this as discussion, I am just pointing out an obvious fact. I find it funny as a name (with a link in it too))

I can imagine someone saying: You need to equip "Appreciation that the contest rules no longer allow people to post explanations of their items since it would attract hucksters and admen, jesters and jokers, bibliophiles and logorrheas; derail the thread with extortion and blackmail, electioneering and politicking, chit chat, this and that; stuff once-sparse entries with cinnamon synonyms and petit four metaphors; and inscribe hidden rituals to trap Aloyzo in the making and summon cacophanies of cacodemons; plus by the way I just wanted to say in case no one gets it that these are slippers are really fuzzy so they get all staticky when you walk over carpets so you can shoot lightning bolts out of your toes and I know sparks aren't on boots but I think it would work as long as Blue Manchu changed all the scenarios to have special carpet terrain that was the only way you could build up electrical charge points that are required to play spark spells if you're not a wizard PM me if you need any more details I know it's kind of complicated but anyway thanks for hosting contest Aloyzo and even if I don't win it's been great and thanks to my mom for raising me and all my friends watching at home God Bless Cardhuntria and I know we can make this item collection great again Slippers." instead of the boots you currently use which will require you to replace one of your minor token items with a tokenless item.

or ACRNLAPPEISAHAJJBLDEBEPCSSECYPFMIHDTAMSCC+IWSCNOGiSFSWyWoCSycSLBoTIKSaoBIWWaLaBMCASHSCTTWOWyCBECaRtPSNWPMMiyNMDiKiCATHCAEiIdWiGaTtMfRMMFWaHGBCIKWcMtICGAS for short.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think until Vholes begins taking the contest seriously, his entries are fair game for discussion. Also, he continues to be the funniest contestant. He's setting a high bar.

CT5 likes this.
  3. billiska

billiska Ogre

I thought Vholes first submission was ok as a serious submission tho.
    But of course your design goal apparently wasn't to randomly give player access to new cards.

On another topic, I'm wondering if it is a good idea for me to devulge my idea on this thread... but here is something I'd like to go for in the future (when I have given up on making Aloyzo care about elf wiz):

Billiska's radiation ray gun
    divide weapon
    Gene Therapy, Destructive Purge, 3x Radiation Bolt, Mind Leak
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

@Vakaz 's tool says it's lvl 5 tokenless common
    I could also replace 1 Radiation Bolt with 1 more Destructive Purge and make it lvl 5.5, but I afraid it might be too strong. What do you think?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It had 2 monster only cards, which I think lessened it's chances. Quite interesting thematically.

5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

And both are OP.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I like it, and would like to use it as a player.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  7. Lencrennis

Lencrennis Kobold

Blessed Wanderlust
    Divine Item (Level 9 Uncommon)

2x Boosted Heal, 1x Traveling Curse

Wanderer's Cudgel
    Divine Weapon (Level 11 Rare)

1x Powerful Bash, 1x Greater Heal, 1x Barge, 1x Entangling Roots, 2x Traveling Curse

Malfunctioning Nuclear Mop
    Divine Weapon (Level 15 Legendary)

2x Radioactive Spray, 2x Barge, 2x Cleansing Ray

timeracers likes this.
  8. Fortaleza

Fortaleza Orc Soldier

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  9. Lencrennis

Lencrennis Kobold

Quit making wizards more expensive, dang it!

Sentient_Toaster and billiska like this.
  10. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

It does not make them more expansive, since they already need legendaries in the arcane slot. But seriously this would be too good. On the other hand there is the Atomic Drop Console for the priest. Which could see a lot more play, as soon as more players get their hands on it.

11. Lencrennis

Lencrennis Kobold

I've got two consoles, have had them since launch week. It's not enough. Those radcannons rule the roost with their card draw and lack of a dead nth card.

12. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

But the randomn cards can be really strong for you. One of my opponents was able to get a Large Weapon on each of my warrior, which means they had to run away for two turns. Another time I got a Trip, in the first turn before I was able to move.
    I think it is best used with boost cards, but on a boost priest the consoles are not as useful as a cursed radcannon would be.

13. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Aloyzo's Arsenal has motivated me to design quite a few items in advance:

Name: Staff of Arcane Shapes
    Type: Staff
    Level: 13
    Tokens: (minortoken)(minortoken)
    Rarity: Rare

Name: Surgical Staff
    Level: 12
    Rarity: Common

Name: The Eater
    Level: 9
    Rarity: Rare

Name: Leaking Radcannon
    Type: Divine Item
    Level: 17
    Tokens: (majortoken)(minortoken)
    Rarity: Epic

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    tolkien, Wocket, timeracers and 3 others like this.
  14. Lencrennis

Lencrennis Kobold

Aye, we need to drag massed radiation bomb down to epic just because burst tends to produce a bit of a "timewall". Look at the current build. Now cut out the wizards and stack 21 bombs on a team with room for an axe of the dark soul and some savage curses on each participant. That lucky aristocrat will make us all miserable.

Little Boy
    Level 18 Epic Divine Item

2x Radiation Bomb, 1x Radiation Bolt

15. Fortaleza

Fortaleza Orc Soldier

16. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

you could say a little bit overpowered, but just a little bit. :D

17. Fortaleza

Fortaleza Orc Soldier

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    BlackSabbath likes this.
  18. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

19. Fortaleza

Fortaleza Orc Soldier

Fixed it, thx.

EDIT: New Divine Item, in spirit of Varied Combustion:
    Varied Frenzy, LVL 15 [​IMG] , Epic
    Unholy Wellspring, Mass Frenzy, Unholy Frenzy
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Varied Frenzy v2, LVL 6 Tokenless, Epic
    Mass Frenzy, Unholy Frenzy, Righteous Frenzy
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

and in spirit of The Deadonomicon (Tome Of The Withering Source)
    LVL 15 [​IMG] , Uncommon
    Unholy Wellspring, Unholy Wellspring, Demonic Revenge
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

LVL 6 Tokeless , Rare
    Unholy Wellspring, Demonic Revenge, Unholy Frenzy
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    This one maybe a little worse that The Deadonomicon, cause it cycle less, but at least you take less damage too.

Are this new ones more balanced?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  20. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

The two golden one trait combination is too powerful. The rest is powerful, but I think ok.