Silverwood Camp

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by tolkien, Nov 10, 2016.

1. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Here's my take on what the Silverwood campsite might look like. I'm not sure what level they'll have the new campaign content at but I was figuring around level 12-13. Any ideas? One can only do so much without actually having the new monsters available.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  2. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I like the map design, and the fight was challenging too! Unfortunately, the preview isn't showing up for me as is.

3. I won the battle on my first try. I carelessly lost the wizard, but I was nonetheless able to win. The sharkbear in the upper corner just hung out there, so after I dealt with the other three, I healed up to max and went over to take it on. Sharkbears were a good substitute for werewolves.

I never really imagined the silver-wood forest being as grey as it is here. I think you did a nice job working with the tools you were given, but I tend imagine the silver-wood forest as having more green underbrush in the summer, and being lighter colored and more frosted over in the winter. When actually fighting the battle, the scenery seemed more cave-like than forest-like.

The preview doesn't show up for me either.

4. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

More sharkbears then! Maybe I'll make the path brown or throw in some green by the fire. I was trying to give the sense that you were fighting at night by the light of the fire and moon.

5. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Alright, I'm thinking of revamping this with an inquisitor, a silver crossbowman, and a vigilante in the middle (cf. @Kalin post on the wiki forum thread). How many werewolves should there be?

6. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

The board is now ready for playtesting. How many werewolves can you take out?

Before post: Having received armament from Svitlana, warden of the Silver Forest, your band of three sets out to scout the lands of Lord Makhail and report back. You make camp for your first night on the edge of the silver forest. It's no walled village, but surely the monsters would not dare enter the forest which is home to Svitlana and the origin of their bane, fey steel.

After post; It seems the monsters are emboldened by their numbers and are even entering the Silver Forest itself. Is nothing safe from their blight? They must be taken out at their source, Castle Mitternacht.

7. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Beat it on first attempt.

One wolf died first. Then the vigilante. Then the two more wolfs. Then the archer. Then the last wolf.

Uncanny dodge is very powerful.

8. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Good night, Vlamona! I haven't been able to even come close to beating it. Good job!
    Are you saying you want more wolves?

9. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

No. I tried it several more times, always losing by a lot. It should be easier. Maybe replace the vigilante with another archer. The vigilante is fairly useless.

10. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Nice work, Tolkien. Difficult but not impossible, if you can take out one wolf early, even sacrificing the vigilante, then you can use the inquisitor as bait (she'll take hits but heal them up), and lead a wolf a merry dance around the perimeter with the archer's uncanny dodge while you blast it full of arrows. Looks a treat, too.

Would love to see this as a MM, but it really should be the first level because of the difficulty. To paraphrase the movie title, there will be salt.

11. Steinhauser

Steinhauser Lizardman Priest

Took 3 tries to beat it. The others are right about uncanny dodge, it really is the key card and I would have had a hard time without it. I like the difficulty level, and the board design. The mix of free moves and charges on the wolves, and the backwards teleport of uncanny dodge makes positioning a constant and interesting challenge. Very nice scenario, would play again.