Significant "freeze" lags?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Remus, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Remus

Remus Kobold

Is anyone else seeing significant "freeze" lags between clicking on a card and then being able to make your move? I started noticing it yesterday. I click on a card (example a movement card), and the screen completely freezes for a while. Sometimes a few seconds, but last night I waited and waited for what felt like a full minute. After freezing, the game continues as normal (in my example, the movement arrows finally pop up on the screen, and I get to pick my square to move to). But while frozen, it is literally frozen (I can click anywhere, and nothing happens).

Anyone else having this problem?
    I am using Chrome as the browser. I reset it, and that made no diff. And my wireless router seems to be working fine, so I don't believe it is connectivity issues on my end (if it were, I assume I'd be booted anyway).

Great game, but the lags got so bad last night as to make it almost unplayable. And in a PvP duel, it would be a disaster (given time limits and impatience of the opponent).

2. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Flash has a memory leak issue, which gradually slows the actions in the browser to a crawl. If this is happening from the start of a game from a fresh start then it may be that Chrome is trying to run more than one instance of Flash.

See HERE for an example of a fix.

3. Remus

Remus Kobold

Thank you for the helpful idea and link. Unfortunately, I just checked my Chrome plug-ins and there was only 1 instance of Flash. So that is not the culprit in this case. I did disable a couple of other items while in there, though I doubt they had much impact. I will try a bit more playing via Chrome (the lags are again pretty bad this morning). Then switch to Firefox to see if it goes away... in which case I will stay there for this game.

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

We've been advising people about Flash leaks for awhile, but recently people have been reporting this particular pattern, and I think it's a new problem.

After the lag starts, does it seem to cease (and let the game proceed) when you move the mouse or mouseover other objects on the screen? That's the pattern I've seen.

5. Ineptie

Ineptie Mushroom Warrior

Yup, it did that to me once in SP.

6. Scaz

Scaz Kobold

I've had the same problem sporadically. It does not seem to be a flash memory issue. (Other things running flash at the same time have had no lag or memory problems and continued working through the lag.) The issue also does not seem to related to particular items on the screen for me. Letting a MP game with this lag issue sit for 30 minutes solved the problem without any further action, so I'm assuming that this is a server-based issue.

Perhaps posting times that these issues pop up would help admins track the problem to peak server utilization or to server issues.

7. Freezelight

Freezelight Kobold

Someone found a solution? I have the same problem, but also disconnects.