Server Queue

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Server reset in 20 minutes, so if you're in q - no need atm.

2. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Monies are expensive sometimes.

3. Angry Penguin

Angry Penguin Mushroom Warrior

Hopefully people will splurge on some pizza so capacity can be less of a issue! ;) Currently stuck at work so it will be a while before I can queue up anyway. Maybe by 7pm the lines will be shorter. Oh I crack myself up.

4. Snacksmoto

Snacksmoto Mushroom Warrior

So... buy some Pizza.

It would be nice to be able to purchase some via credit card. I don't use google wallet and paypal takes almost two weeks to transfer in funds.

5. Pengw1n

Well, I did my part and bought 50 bucks worth of it during the beta. I believe they might be getting quite some customers right now, but there's apparently room for more - if not just technologically with their current infrastructure.

6. Snacksmoto

I got 50 bucks worth too in beta. Paypal is what is currently delaying me from purchasing the Basic Edition pack and probably more pizza.

7. Pengw1n

No need to buy the basic pack Snacks, just get more pizza instead. The old beta testers get parts of the BE for free anyway (figures):

8. TheWombat

TheWombat Kobold

Monies are expensive all of the time!
    Hey, I ain't complaining--it's free (though I did kick in twenty for the beta promo), and I've not played an online game yet that didn't have some weirdness at launch. Once I saw the pedigree of the team doing this, I was hooked, and so far I've been really thrilled with what I'm seeing. I hope the monies pile up like dragon loot for y'all.

9. Snacksmoto

I have to find the "shut up and take my money" gif...

Pengw1n and Angry Penguin like this.
  10. Slipstitch

Slipstitch Kobold

So your answer to getting more people in was to overload the server and cause massive lag for everyone? Great thinking! Now the game is no fun for anyone. I'm sure most would rather wait in a queue to play a game that moves along at a steady pace rather than stare at a screen for 20 seconds between abilities/moves. GG, hope you think of a better solution soon. Like, hmmm, another server perhaps! Invest some of your money so players don't quit and make posts like these, thanks.

11. namad

namad Kobold

a couple hours ago, I had to wait a few minutes to start playing, but after that I could play.

now? after the reset? I cannot play at all no matter what I do, it takes like 2minutes to respond to a click I make, often it doesn't respond at all, and after a few clicks and a lot of minutes it just freezes and disconnects me entirely.... please rollback to how things were a few hours ago so at least someone can play?

12. Ban Spre

Ban Spre Kobold

Hey this free great game that I just learned existed hours ago that I enjoy that I play for free. You should totally invest your money in more servers so I can continue to enjoy this free game and complain about it not working sometimes. I should get off my computer on a Friday night and go be social... eh I'll just stare at the loading screen until it works.

13. Slipstitch

Slipstitch Kobold

^This. Without a doubt you have made the game unplayable. I just finished a map that should have taken about 5 minutes at level 3. Instead it took 25 minutes. You need to rethink your quantity over quality analysis as it is definitely flawed at the moment. Think of a queue as a line to a club. Everyone wants in, but alas, there is only so much space. If you exceed said space, it becomes hazardous. In this case, the hazard is your profit margin. Don't be stupid right out of the gate. Use wise decision making to make a fun experience for all, not a horrible experience for the masses. Sorry to be the one on the forums *****ing, but someone has to tell it like it is.

14. namad

namad Kobold

they rolled out an update which made things worse, the reason to complain isn't just to be a jerk, but to suggest maybe they should consider reverting the changes, if the changes were changing for the worse. It sounds much better to let 2500 players play, than to let no one play? eh? it's tough to sell me on the game when I can't even complete the tutorial.

15. Ban Spre

Ban Spre Kobold

I say let no one play for now if it means 50k+ people can sign in at once in an hour.

Those lines at clubs are no fun. I'd rather know I can sign on at some unknown point soon than have the server up and be waiting behind 5,000 people.

This game is fun, people will want to play it. If a new person comes in to try and there is a definite 3 hour wait, they will probably give up.

16. kogi

kogi Ogre

Can the haters please stop. now.

First day jitters. The devs know about it, they are fixing as quickly as they can. They want people to be playing the game as much as you do.

Please realise that this is a labour of love by a small group of devs. They don't have buckets of money like EA, and EA still manage to screw up first day.

Snacksmoto and Eusix like this.
  17. Slipstitch

Slipstitch Kobold

The longest queue I saw earlier was 20 minutes. Its a browser-based game for goodness sake's. I can leave my browser up and play something else while I wait for the queue. Would you rather get in right away and have an awful time? Or wait and have a great time. I think the answer is clear.

18. Slipstitch

Slipstitch Kobold

Thank you very much for the upcoming shutdown. @ Kogi- nobody is hating. Simply stating that you can't overload your capacity, as the devs have quickly realized. There are plenty of poor individuals who are wiser than rich men, so let's not bring financial clout into the debate. These guys want to make a buck just like everyone else. Kind of tough to debate a fanboy though, so I'll concede to your labor of love take on things.

19. Ban Spre

Ban Spre Kobold

That's fair enough. I haven't been able to play at all since the reset, so I only know about the queues. The game was working great then.

I appreciate all of the devs efforts. I'm sure they will work it out.

20. oogabooga

oogabooga Kobold

Speaking of the queue...I think folks that threw down $25 and have a membership should get to play first. To stay in line with the club analogy above, a VIP line if you will.

I have a very limited amount of free time and this Friday was to play Card Hunter which is excellent by the way.

I understand launches are difficult. Wish you guys the best of luck in getting everything sorted out.