Selling items you are using: how much do you care?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Jon, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Here's an issue that has always been in the game: you can sell items from a shop that you are using in a different context.

To explain a bit further: if you go to a shop on the campaign map, you can sell an item that is equipped on a character in your multiplayer party. Likewise, now that we have shops accessible from the lobby, you can go to one of those shops and sell an item that is equipped on one of your campaign characters.

Of course, you can always do that, but in this case you don't see that they item you are selling is being used in the other context (in the campaign or in multiplayer).

Do you care? If so, how much?

What I'm trying to get at is whether this is an issue we should look at.

2. kogi

kogi Ogre

I care highly. Did it once already where I screwed up my build. Now I don't sell unless I have 2 or 3 copies of an item

3. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

Tbh i would love an option to "lock/mark/tag" an item. So that it never shows up in shop. This way it's easy to sell what you don't need without looking everything through over and over. It would also fix the issue you raised just now.

Example: right click item like normal, this brings up the cards it contain, have a little checkbox somewhere that enables the card to be locked/unlocked

lord_heman and Ravel like this.
  4. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

At least a warning is needed with a confirm button. I've done this once before also and now don't sell items except for treasures.

5. funny

funny Mushroom Warrior

I only sell duplicates, but a check like that should be easy to implement and would be very helpful.

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I just don't sell anything anymore (1 single gold coin for a level 18 weapon?), but I did suggest shop warnings as part of my Save Party idea:

7. jubenei

jubenei Mushroom Warrior

I don't sell many items at all so i don't care very much. But it can be a problem.

8. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

Very minor inconvenience as I don't sell anything except treasures and excess items (over 9 weapons and so on)

But it will be one thing to consider when we hopefully get option to save single- or multiplayer setups...

9. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Never thought this was an issue. I've mentally noted which items I use most and remember not to sell them. I try to keep at least 1 of each item at hand despite their worth or usefulness. If people are accidentally selling items they are using then this will always be an issue. Currently though it doesn't bother me.

Zoorland and skip_intro like this.
  10. Proxiehunter

Proxiehunter Orc Soldier

It's not something I've personally encountered (I don't tend to sell items I regard as remotely useful) but it does strike me as something that should pop up a warning message saying something like "This item is currently equipped on one of your characters. Are you sure you want to sell it?"

Maybe add a way of turning off this notification to the options menu for those who it might annoy.

penda likes this.
  11. azelea

azelea Mushroom Warrior

I hardly ever sell. I'm a hoarder.

But I do care. It's the kind of thing I worry about before selling.

12. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Items equipped on either mp or sp chars should not be in the common item pool I'd say.

(a vote for caring)

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

So you need two complete sets of equip if you want to play MP and SP at the same time?

14. Pengw1n

Good point, didn't even think that through it seems. In the best of worlds all gear would be in the inventory and you just have a filter for "Equipped Items".

15. Iteration.X

Iteration.X Kobold

I keep 2 copies of each item, just to be safe, but I would really like to sell as much as possible, keeping only 1 copy of unused items for collection purposes. Items are the only source of gold (not counting pizza) and I could easily sell a 100 copies of loot to get some money to buy that item I'm looking for.

I personally find confusing the idea of having my campaign items available to sell in the MP shops and viceversa. I prefer to think that an equipped item is 'equipped' on a character and not available any more to be sold in any shop. I know that this will bring the problem of needing double the number of items for two parties, MP and campaign...
    It could be great to have templates of builds for chars and the items used in templates could be marked with an icon or a different color or moved in a different area of the inventory. It could be useful to avoid selling equipped items and to quickly swap items between MP and campaign.
    Maybe a simple filter, like Pengw1n said, could be more than enough.

16. Jon

That's what I'm thinking.

It does get a bit more complicated when you have the ability to save/load parties as well, which is what I'm working on now...

Pengw1n and Kalin like this.
  17. kogi

kogi Ogre

The ability to save/load parties is much more important than this equipped issue. I can live with the accidental selling. Being able to save parties would make the endgame less of a pita

18. Jon

Yeah, I've got that working at a first pass and hope to have it in the next build (next week).

Pengw1n and Zalminen like this.
  19. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

But this leads into the question of what good are the saved parties if you've sold their items without knowing it?

20. Pengw1n

Another possibility that could work better with multiple build saves would be some sort of marker attached/superimposed (or even some sort of socket) to/on equipped items - also, possibly allowing a hover to state which build(s) and allowing shortcuts to them.