Sell Surplus? auto-sell function?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Haxzploid, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

Utility monster much? :p

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I can state from long experience that selling the excess items to Skarl's in small batches as soon as you get them is a huge deal less painful than having to sell them in a big pile all at once. It also helps prevent carpal tunnel syndrome. The alleged loss of efficiency is more than amply paid back in gain of quality of life.

Sir Veza, Bandreus and Flaxative like this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You shouldn't feel the need to tell us what to consider. This is something I'd like to see us do. Jon doesn't care about it as much. It's on our list. Our list is long. Like, dozens of very good suggestions long—and that doesn't include the things we want to do that weren't suggestions! I try my best to respond to demands because that's what demands do—they elicit response–and I don't go into perfect depth on all the conversations we have about what to implement when. Clearly everyone in this thread who says "stop what you're working on, make sell-excess button" has different priorities from those on which the dev team has decided. I'm merely explaining that, not looking to be convinced to change priorities. :) We pay attention to who's asking for what, and what the popular suggestions are. The same people asking for the same thing again and again isn't going to change much, probably, other than maybe necro threads in order to get newer players on board with the suggestion... but again—it's already on our list!

Not being a stand-out capitalist, I'm a bit rough on the details but ... isn't it the amount someone pays that determines the weight of their opinion, not the amount someone plays? Maybe we should open an order form that lets entitled players directly pay Jon to implement their suggestions into the game? Again, these concepts are kind of foreign to me and I'm grasping a bit. Really not a money person.

4. Accent

Accent Hydra

If that's what EttSC will be populated with, I suddenly got a lot less interested ;)

Mr. Magnifico likes this.
  5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

That's very good to hear, Flax! One communication problem on the forum has been that most often we players have no idea if our suggestions have been heard, logged, considered or all/none of the above. The feedback on this has been very random. Sometimes there's an immediate response from one of the devs clearly stating the request status, more often nothing is ever heard. This is probably one of the big reasons for the repeated requests. I'm not saying this is a thing requiring immediate and comprehensive actions, just putting it out there.

Pawndawan likes this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah the thing is the 'official' response is almost always "we might do it" unless it's a bug report in which case Jon often takes care of it right away.

I read every single post on the forums so in general ya'll should know your requests are being read by at least one of the devs (Jon and Farbs also read tons of threads on the forums, probably slightly less thoroughly).

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Proof that philosophers are capable of screwing up any idea or concept.

Mr. Magnifico and Bandreus like this.
  8. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

After all, philosophers are humans too.

9. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I'm pretty sure 90% of players that quit the game wanted a sell surplus button.

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Sure, that has been my understanding but it still feels very valuable when you actually state it out loud for a particular issue. It's a different thing altogether to hear that a request has been heard and considered than it is to just have the general idea that they all are.

I'm not saying you should separately acknowledge each suggestion, though. I don't know how transparent you guys are comfortable with being, but there are devs who update public issue lists. Such a list would serve the needs of assuring us of which issues have been heard and noted and if you cared to have them in a rough, provisional priority order, giving us a good idea of your development strategy and letting us set our expectations accordingly. You already maintain such a list, have you considered making it (partly) public?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  11. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

I'm a little unclear here. Are you saying that 90% of players quit due to a lack of sell excess button?
    If so, I'd counter that 100% of players quit because they lacked content they enjoyed. New content could fix that.

When we've discussed the sell excess button in the past, it's been a little complicated since not everyone has the same idea of "excess". Some of the options requested:
    Include or exclude treasures?
    Always save all legendaries/epics/rares.
    Set max to keep by item type as some felt that 9 runestones was more than anyone should need.

I can appreciate that selling excess is tedious, but I think the existing tools do a pretty good job. I'd much rather have new content.

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I believe he's mimicking a different thread.
    I'd still like a sell excess button. I think the general consensus was for max usable for each item type, and either not include treasure, or set the treasure number to one of each. In any case, the Sell All button for chests has really simplified this for me, and I rarely spend much time cleaning up my collection anymore. Even on my new account.

Flaxative likes this.
  13. Accent

Accent Hydra

Ding ding ding. Mouse over items, see I already have max usable, boom.