sealed/draft SAT 18:00 (6pm) GMT - need 3 partners

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Jul 23, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Saturday, 6pm GMT, on the test server. I'm looking for 3 partners for sealed/draft casual play. I figure draft should take ~30 minutes, then we'll play round-robin twice with a 10 minute clock (6 matches @ ~2 hours of playing time).

If we can convince Jon to gift between us, I'll ante 20 pizza. :p

First come, first serve. (But you can start your own pool once mine fills up! :D)

Flaxative likes this.
  2. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

In!

neoncat likes this.
  3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Consider me in unless you hear otherwise - do I need a test server account, or are you setting those up in advance?

neoncat likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Can't believe I'll be busy... dang!!

neoncat likes this.
  5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

How long do you expect it to take? Are you setting up all the accounts and chests? I might be able to make it.

I'm not willing to ante any pizza, but I would ante 100 gold or a figure of my choice.

neoncat likes this.
  6. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Oh yeah, I suppose I should have mentioned I'm not particularly interested in risking any of my pizza at the moment either.

neoncat likes this.
  7. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Just to clarify - this is a casual thing, which is why it's all on the honor system and I'm just throwing in the equivalent of spare change in pizza (assuming we can convince Jon to poke at it for us). :p

I won't prep accounts, so we'll each have to level an account up to MP now that skiptut isn't supported. I figure it's easiest if we sell off all items, then use "givepizza" and buy/open chests during the opening 30 minutes. After that we'll play for ~2 hours, though it'll probably take less than that, and we can always keep going if we're having fun. ^_^

Currently I've got @Squidy and @Scarponi in the pool, with @Kalin on the fence?

Flaxative likes this.
  8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Hey hey hey, I'm in!
    Although I now have 3 of every item, so I think it would be easier to make a new account.

I recommend 3800 pizza for purchasing chests.

neoncat likes this.
  9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Sounds good, I'll make an account and get it leveled up sometime between now and then.

neoncat likes this.
  10. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

OK so I made a new account.. beat Lizard Priest with a level 1 party and then Shieldhaven... now what?

neoncat likes this.
  11. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

um, you can try the cheat commands ?

characterlevel <name> <level>: sets the level of one of your characters
    clearitems: removes all of your items
    giveitem <item_name>: gives you one copy of an item

From what I'm reading, it looks like a casual random sealed draft. Perhaps we could add in an admin/dm support feature to give X items from a hidden pre-arranged lottery picked item list to the participants ? And the players go do whatever they want with it.

neoncat likes this.
  12. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

The cheat commands still don't really help...
    although skiptut helped a lot.

Should be a cheat to access mp.

*EDIT* There is a way to get into mp... shhh

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    neoncat likes this.
  13. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Actually skiptut works even better.
    1-Clear Dragon Introductive battle
    2-Type skiptut
    3-Visit the shops to unlock more content
    4-Try the highest adventure avalaible (level 4 with lizards I think)
    5-Game will stuck as you have no member in your team. Leave the battle and you'll be send in MP
    6-Recruit guys with the starer packs, erase items from the starter packs, cheat to give yourself pizza for the thing and voilĂ , you are ready.

Note: don't use this method if you wanna be able to do some SP tests after with the account.

Otherwise I can bet whatever you want (including nothing) but not a figure ^^'

neoncat likes this.
  14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Okay, got my account up, MP accessed, loaded with Pizza/Gold and all the items cleared.

neoncat likes this.
  15. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I have way too much gold, and 4500 pizza ... also my account is bugged, I can't click the Multiplayer button. I didn't do Greenfang and I didn't recruit a MP starter party either. I bought all 3 of my guys from the Orc's head at once without any prompts.

neoncat likes this.
  16. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Ok, so now the pool seems to stand at @Scarponi, @Squidy, and @Jade303. @Kalin, did you still want in? (We can easily change around the matches to accomodate a 5th player, since it's just casual play.) So long as everyone can access MP with a set of 3 desired characters and no items in the collection, we should be fine. Do whatever you think is best to get there... ^_^

As far as chest go, let's purchase the following:
    5 epic
    15 magnificent
    28 ornate
    28 simple

Don't open until the draft starts, though!!! :D

17. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Ok I'll purchase the chests, and be ready to go for Saturday.

EDIT I'm ready to go for MP, but do we have to pick the three chars beforehand? I kind of want to adjust my party based on the items that dropped.

18. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

No, get the characters you need after opening the chests. You can't know in advance if you're gonna get human skills only or nothing decent for a priest.

19. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Yeah, you never know if you're going to get nothing but Epic racial skills and wizard items... for all I know I could end up playing 3 elf wizards...

20. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I already know that I'm getting a VP and two Wym's Lavastaffs. Not because winning our little tourney matters, I'm looking forward to a "just for fun" outing, but because of course the first chests I ever open on the account that is meaningless will contain all that doesn't ever fall for me on the live server!