Scenario: Visiting the Dead

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by tghy71, Mar 3, 2016.

1. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

Hello all, I thought I'd post a custom scenario today, so I'm posting one.

Story:
    You, Lord Batford, live an extremely luxurious life. You have the best food, best wine, and hundreds of armed men willing to die for you at the flick of your finger. One day, you decide to go visit the grave of your father, the man who made the family fortune so large and gave it all to you. You take a few of your men in case of an attack and go to his tomb. However, upon reaching the cemetery, you realize that something is wrong. The dead have become undead, and are now attacking you! However, you're LORD Batford, and some pesky zombies aren't going to keep you from visiting your father! Kill them and get to his grave!

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to Kalin for helping get the screenshot for me!
    [​IMG]

Ending:

At last! With those pesky zombies gone, you can honor your father.

Note that for you to win, you must make it to your father's grave OR kill all the zombies. For your opponent to win, they must hold the victory square for 8 rounds. Losing Batford will not instantly lose the game, but it will reduce the number of turns you have, so don't lose him!

Tips:
    • Don't lose the elite guards! They are the best way to kill zombies in the early rounds.
    • Mighty bludgeon or hack can kill zombies at full health, so don't waste them on the low-health ones unless you really need to.
    • All out attack is, as always, a great tool.
    • Batford is actually a capable fighter, so don't underestimate him.
    • Festering guts can 1-shot Batford. Watch out!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    trrst likes this.
  2. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

There is a screenshot command available in the CH console. :)

3. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you mean by console. :(

4. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

I beat it on the first attempt. I wasn't hard.

5. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

It isn't supposed to be, but I'll make a harder version and post it up here if you'd like a challenge. ;)

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I got a screenshot for you:
    Visiting the Dead.jpg

It was fairly challenging. I won it on my first try, but I was down to Batford and one nearly dead elite guard vs most of the festering zombies.

tghy71 and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  7. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

I like this map a lot. It's one of, perhaps the best, zombie swarm scenario I've played just because of how overwhelming everything is at the beginning. I managed to win even though I lost Batford, which I appreciated a lot. I think maybe the map could use a few extra touches, just since so much of it is the repeated grave pattern, but that's the only suggestion I could think of, so nice work. :)

tghy71 likes this.
  8. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

Hi everyone, it's me again. First off, I'd like to thank everyone who has given me feedback. I've read it, so here are the suggestions you've asked for.
    @Wandere , I've made an updated board which includes different graves, rubble, GM bits and ivy on a wall. I was too lazy to put the scenario into it, so you can do that yourself in the setup thing to use it. :p
    @Vlamona , you get a harder version of the challenge. It's not impossible, but it isn't a cakewalk. If it's still too easy, I can make an even harder one, but it'll be really hard if I do. You have been warned.
    Again, thanks to @Kalin for the screenshot!

Attached Files: