Scenario: The Eternal Loser - feedback thread

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Lucky Dice, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

So, note #1: I'm going to move the knight figure from in front of the window to somewhere else. But other than that, I'm looking for your opinions. I'm not all that good into this mapmaking stuff yet.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

This map relies quite a lot on drawing Adaptable asap - on my first, third and fourth goes I didnt draw Adaptable (I did on my fourth but that was on the last round where I almost won with killing him twice and on 5 HP) but on my second go I drew Adaptable on the first round and won without going down half health.
    I also dont really see the point in having servants and especially a healer behind a wall.
    But I do really like the idea of having to kill him a few times to win and the aesthetic feel.
    I would suggest swapping out some difficult terrain for blocking but other than that, this map looks pretty good to go.

3. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Plot device. They still help your enemy. Also, servants add the slight difficulty of the cameras actually moving.

As for the Adaptable, yes - it's a problem. But I had difficulties picking a better character here - Troll Warrior shrugs off everything, and anything without an adaptable dies fast, because the bolts are penetrating.

4. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

I've tried it a few times and haven't won yet, but I love the story. Maybe give the mutant a servant or two (one could betray the loser, mayhaps), or something else with card draw. That will help with the Adaptable problem. :)

5. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Nope, not for me. Too much passing and watching the enemies to scan, heal and draw cards.

Game 1

Round 1: Only one move and no Adaptalbe, Alonzo managed to hit me three times, 11/25 HP. Round 2: No Adaptable or extra moves this round either. Went to 3 HP. Round 3: Drew Adaptable and step attacks, but decided to resign with 3 HP.

Game 2

Drew Adaptable on round 2. Managed to kill Alonzo first time on round 5 with poison. Round 8: Lots of passing, I'm at 1 HP, couldn't reach Alonzo, so decided to kill one of the cameras. Died on round 9.