Scenario: Hyper

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Vlamona, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

No points for killing.

Edit: Pick regular version or difficult version.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

How doth one winith here?

3. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

I made a more difficult version with a second troll. I played it twice, beat it once.

Here are some hints. (for both versions).
    If your characters are in a bad position, use Hurricane to move them.
    All the attacks of the tree are crushing. So it is bad at killing the oozes wich may be protected from crushing with Amorphous Body.
    All the attacks of the chef are slashing. So it is bad at killing the skeletons wich may be protected from slashing with Only Bones.
    All the attacks of the fiend are fire. So it is bad at killing the roaches wich may be protected from fire with Resistant Hide. But it is good at killing trolls.
    Keeping the Hyper Thalamus alive is very important. If he/she dies you probably can't win.
    Keeping the fiend alive is quite important too, since he's so good at taking out trolls.
    It can often be a good idea to wait until the enemy has used their move cards before using Hurricane.

4. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

All of these tips could be compressed into just the first one.

5. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

I've played the one troll version, and had a lot of fun. The map's pretty, it's quirky and new without being easy and it's balanced well. Does the Hyper Thalamus respawn? I think it's probably only fair if he does, since he's so essential to the map and he can be flung next to a troll with an unfortunate Hurricane.

6. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Thank you.

When choosing what creatures respawn you can choose between having minions respawn or non-minions respawn (or both). So in order for the Hyper Thalmus to respawn, but not the other player characters I would either have to make the Hyper Thalamus a minion, or the other player characters minions. I don't want to do either.

I agree that the scenario can be unfair. Having a Hyper Thalamus will lead to randomness.