Room9's 1/1/1 Kitchen

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Han Lee, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

As I play this game quite a bit (because oh, I don't know... it's AWESOME?) and I am a fan of trying out new compositions that focus on multi-role strategy rather than focusing on one specific type of card, I would like to dedicate some time to creating unique builds that focus on 1/1/1 play, and share my experiences with you. I will be testing out a new build every week, so please let me know if you would like to share any uncommon synergies that you may think will work! This week's build will be posted later today :)

2. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Introducing the first of many 1/1/1 compositions... the BOOMinators! This team, entirely composed of humans, is focused on positioning and (as the name suggests) hitting hard and heavy. This team has been tested for victory potential via Cardotron2000 destruction. The team is as follows:

HaniBalls
    Level 1 Human Wizard

HaniBum
    Level 1 Human Priest

HaniPoo
    Level 1 Human Warrior

Here's the deal: cycle your warrior until you either draw an arrogant armor or a lateral thinking to get rid of your handicaps. If that doesn't work, use the gene therapy or purge that your priest has. This will take some time, so maybe flex your arms to intimidate your opponent while you're cycling until you have 3 pulverizing and 2 mighty bludgeons. If there is the threat of a wizard attack, smoke them, bash them away, or retreat (for the time being, of course). Also, why not curse your wizard while you have time to spare. Ready? Good.

Start by launching long range BOOMs (aka savage cursed/unholy frenzied fireballs, ember bursts, and flash of agonies) to whittle down your enemies' health and defender's blocks. Then it's time for the short range BOOMs.

Smoke allows your warrior, which is a 1 range attack, to be the most effective attack there is, while negating most wizard attacks. Did mention that the 1 range attacks your warrior has are some of the most powerful ones in the game? The trick is to get into position, and that's where your wizard, safe from enemies behind smoke, can afford to use telekinesis to move your warrior into position while saving movement cards. Retreat can also be used for situations that don't actually require that you retreat. It's more like a team scamper than anything.

Continue to unleash tidal waves of long range and short range BOOMs one after another until your enemies are thoroughly confused as to how in the world you were able to unleash such heavy attacks while having such awesome control.

Happy card hunting!

TO BE CONTINUED...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    ParodyKnaveBob and Christofff like this.
  3. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

All your links are dead. Use the green orb to link items. Or, you can easily post your build by going to your keep, opening the console, and entering partyanddecksbbcode. This will copy your party, items, and their respective cards onto your clipboard which you can simply paste on the forums.

ParodyKnaveBob and Han Lee like this.
  4. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Omg peonprop you're amazing :) thank you!

5. eucharist

eucharist Kobold

I've been really enjoying 1-1-1 lately and have been having moderate success (1670 currently).
    Usually games involve softening targets with a buffed mage and then hopping in with the warrior to dust up.

Litany
    Level 1 Human Priest

June
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Con
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Master Goo, Han Lee and Sir Veza like this.
  6. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

That tends to be how 1/1/1 matches go as a general rule I think. Other than the odd time where your opponent overextends, of course.

7. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Hi Han,

Thanks for sharing, seems like a decent anti-wizard build with all that smoke. But against warriors with lotsa parry or when you dont draw your burrfft fireballs how does your warrior do? Maybe that helmet with war cry (monkey mask?) could be nice for these situations to push through obliterating damage.

Also, your priest looks fun but not focussed. But that just me ;) I'd be tempted to run healing hand mace or glinting eye hammer for the mighty bludgeons so she packs some late game punch.

Han Lee likes this.
  8. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

You bring up some excellent points as to what the weaknesses in this build are, and although this composition does decently at 1400-1500, it is far from being perfected. Since working this build, I have tested the feasibility of removing the arrogant armor completely and relying on trait removal/replacement via my priest and it seems to be working more consistently, while being able to work in some unholy wells and draws to boost/multiply those powerful attacks. Only one or two hits have to go through for the warrior to have done his job, so parries are a butt to deal with but they are manageable as long as I'm not up against blocking mace ;). I agree with the priest lacking punch though, and I'm trying to work a therapeutic blade in atm :)

Christofff and Sir Veza like this.
  9. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

I am done with this current build and I will have a new build up soon. Here are some of the statistics and comments on my experience with the BOOMinators.

Win/Loss Ratio - 26:24 = 52%
    vs Triple Warriors / Two Warriors 1 Priest - <40% win rate
    vs Triple Wizards / Two Wizards 1 Priest - >60% win rate

The biggest issue with this build is that my warrior is way too flimsy. Smoke allows me to engage easily and win 1v1, but my lack of control under smoke, sometimes handicapped state, and inability to retreat often times forces me to trade my warrior for an enemy's and then have a control match with my wizard/priest. I enjoy cycling through my deck to have multiple high damage attacks in my hand every round, but without the defense necessary to engage, it is difficult to use them to their full potential. I may go back to this build in the future but it is unlikely because I enjoy playing builds that have more elements of control to them :)

Till next time! (soon, I hope ^^)

10. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to Room9's 1/1/1 Kitchen! Today we have a special recipe for you, Bloody Roasted Chicken. As you may expect, there is fire involved. Oh yes indeed. The heat can get a little disorienting too, so hold on tight!

The Stove
    Level 11 Dwarf Wizard

The Chef
    Level 16 Human Priest

The Fan
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

Of course, we have The Stove, which we want as hot as possible! The Chef's duty is to make sure that all the chicken is overcooked so that we don't have any pesky viruses or bacteria (or of course those annoying elves) left. Draw more fire and make the fire HOT HOT HOT! But sometimes the chef is way too overworked and it gets a little disorienting from all the heat. That's where The Fan comes in to draw the heat that the chicken emanates with disorienting block. That's not all though! The fan has dangerous blades that The Chef can easy heat up with frenzies!

Have fun everyone! Cheers :)

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

I know I took a bit of a break since my last post, but I've been working on refining Bloody Roasted Chicken to the point where it's now worthy of being called Room9's Specialty #1. It's gotten me to mid 1550's so far, and has gone 17-8 on the past 25 games. Here it is, ladies and gentlemen!

The Chef
    Level 1 Human Priest

The Stove
    Level 11 Dwarf Wizard

The Tenderizer
    Level 1 Human Warrior

*smacks head* Of course, I was missing the vital component. What's more important than The Fan when cooking meat? The Tenderizer, obviously. This bad boy is good for killing dwarves, elves, humans, and anything you can possibly think of (often in one hit!). The hardest part is getting the opponent to face their back to you or to make sure that all of their blocks are used before unleashing your 20-40 damage attack. How I do that is my own secret recipe ;)

Another major change from the last build is that I'm using less unholy wells on The Chef, and using savage curse/draws instead. This allows me to maintain similar damage output from The Stove while giving more chances for The Tenderizer to draw some parries or AoAs.

If you face me on the battlefield, good luck and have fun! (getting roasted)

12. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

You could also switch Cat-Leth for Bejewelled for an extra all-out-attack. Less overall damage, but besides giving you na extra AoA, you also have a chance to draw double-AoA for the obliterating chop double insta-kill!!

13. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Heh, didn't own a Cat-Leth when I made this deck ^^ I run a similar 1/1/1 now, except The Stove is now extra firey plus instant burns and accel times, and The Tenderizer is now a raging VP-bloodchopper fanatic who can solo 2-3 dwarves, humans, and elves at once.

Sir Veza likes this.