RNG makes this game suck

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by haho, Dec 15, 2016.

1. haho

haho Orc Soldier

I don't really play very often anymore due to so many (dozens of pages of comments/suggestions by other players that never seem to get addressed) but RNG absolutely sucks for a lot of reasons. Lets take mauve manticore. Some of them are literally impossible unless you have the exact combination of cards. Not just for one round, but for your entire group each and every round.
    Missing one card needed in the first round? restart.
    Missing a card the second round? restart.
    Not getting two move cards on round 3? restart.

It is all luck of the draw and quite honestly gets pretty tedious restarting dozens of times hoping to get the correct combination of cards needed to win.

Anyway, like usual, I expect a lot of diehard defenders coming in this topic and saying there is nothing wrong and that the game is fine and there are no need for changes. But if you have to rely on such a specific set of cards, and there is literally no room for flexibility, an not other way to win, that makes this game more trouble that it is worth.

2. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

Okay cool, I agree. I'm assuming you have an idea for an alternative to the current RNG system that you would like to suggest. Please share your idea :)

BlackVoidDeath, trrst and seth arue like this.
  3. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

How about card drafting? Something similar to Throne of the Mechanical Men - Throne Room.

4. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Card games are random. Dice games are random. This is a card+dice game. Basically it is D&D^Poker. If that is too much random then maybe try Hero Academy.

5. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

I don't see why just because one MM scenario is difficult, the whole game sucks.

wereviper likes this.