Right clicking now brings up Flash sub-menu?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Scarponi, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I just recently started having a weird interaction with right-click that hadn't occurred previously. Now if I right-click in game (whether a card, or a board square, or whatever) I get a Flash menu popping up simultaneously. Is this a side affect of the most recent build? Of an Adobe update? Of something I did?

Anyone else having this issue?

upload_2016-4-6_15-2-57.png

2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Yes. I get this with Chrome 49.0.2623.110m (Flash 21.0.0.213), but not with Firefox 40.0.3 (Flash 21.0.0.197).

edit: Updated Firefox (45.0.1), still doesn't give me the Flash popup. Neither does Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18230IS with Flash 21.0.0.197.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  3. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

Yes, this appeared a day or two ago in Chrome (version 49.0.2623.110m).

Attached Files:

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Ugh, too bad. Chrome loads so much quicker than Firefox. @Jon, any way to fix this?

5. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Urgh. I'm not sure there'll be a solution other than to wait until chrome/adobe fix it, but in the meantime you can use the space key or shift-click to perform right-click actions. Mouse wheel may also perform some of them.

6. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

So this is a bad solution but if you open developer tools in Chrome you can insert
    into the body tag of the CH site so it looks like this
    and that will disable the right-click menu

7. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

8. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Ressolved it seems?

9. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

Time to time this bug is on, another time its off. Usually 'on' though.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  10. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

updated previous message.

11. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Seems to be okay in Chrome 49.0.2623.110 for now with flash player 21.0.0.216.

12. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I had this problem in my first game after log-in but in none of the next ones.

13. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Yeah, I'm not seeing it right now, either. (Plain ol' Chrome + Flash. Tried in windowed and fullscreen modes.)

I mightn't notice if it comes back, though, since now I've gotten into the habit of Shift+click and Shift+Ctrl+click for right-click functions, thanks to Farbs pointing out you can do that. (Why is so much CH functionality not in-game-nor-centrally documented? Took me nearly a year to realize that pressing "M" toggles the menu, just for example.)

14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

That's a relatively new feature; if memory serves... it came out with EttSC.

Flaxative likes this.
  15. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I only started playing a month or maybe two before EttSC came out! $X^ D

(Edit: That is, I only realized this M thing not very long ago at all.)