Rewrite the text on Purge and Purging Burst

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by dashv520, Mar 15, 2016.

1. dashv520

dashv520 Orc Soldier

Can we rewrite the text on Purge and Purging Burst as it can't remove the handicap cards coming from enemy?
    The wordings "All enemy cards" are really confusing.
    I just lost a game against Robauke as I thought my Purging Burst could remove the bad traits from the Radioactive Spray.
    (Sorry Robauke I don't know it's an insulting to you.
    I really don't know it did not work against the bad traits or I won't ask you about it.)

Purge
    Discard all enemy cards and all of your handicap cards attached to target character.

Purging Burst
    Burst 1. Discard all enemy cards and all of your handicap cards attached to affected characters.

2. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

There is a purge fix coming with AI, though I think it might be changed to remove all attached cards.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes, Purge is changing (and becoming clear) in AI, which is soon enough that it doesn't make sense to change the wording at this stage.

4. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

As per the apparent intention of the latest version of Purge effects, perhaps maybe possibly etc. it could become...?

"Discard all enemy cards attached to target character, as well as attached handicap cards if target is an ally, including yourself."

or

"Target character discards all attached enemy cards. If character is an ally, including yourself, they also discard all attached handicap cards."
    or
    "Target character discards all attached enemy cards. If character is an ally (including you) they also discard all attached handicap cards."

(...modified for bursts and the like where appropriate of course, such as "Affected characters discard all attached enemy cards. Any affected character who is an ally, including yourself, also discards all attached handicap cards.")

I'm no fan of "they" being a neutral singular third person pronoun (when "one" already exists), but eh, I'm just using CH's set precedent.

Also, if you believe it's clear enough, I further submit for succinctness...

"Targeted character discards all attached enemy cards and, if [is] an ally (including yourself), all attached handicap cards."
    "Every affected character discards all attached enemy cards and, if [is] an ally (including yourself), all attached handicap cards."

...or is there some huge technical deal between saying the Purge-owner discards vs. the target(s) discard(s)? $:^ `

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Discussing this further is kind of moot. Purge is changing in the expansion, and with any luck there won't be another live build between now and then. (NO GUARANTEE!)

6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

And an already pale alternative to the meta will fade into nothingness.
    Any other keycards that will be touched? Does maneuvers get its due 'fix'?

7. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

To be honest, I'm actually okay with how Purge works now. It's not bad and it's not too damning either. But I think making a change to make it clearer is a step in the right direction. If Purge will be modified to remove all handicaps and enemy controlled cards, it will make cards like Gene Therapy and Holy Presence weaker, so I wonder if there's any compensation for that. It's actually pretty cool that Holy Presence became much more popular when radiation was released.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Flax said the purge change was in AI, but didn't mention any others. He also said a balance change would follow AI. Other than that, he didn't say what would be addressed when. Patience is a virtue, but I think I'm better at vices.

9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I get this had to be changed eventually. But enemy rad handicaps not being purgable (while plenty of means to handle them exist, especially in Ettsc) is such a narrow problem that i am wondering why this was attented to so promptly. Everyone voicing discontent did so with PvP context in mind, and in that context, i strongly feel there are more pressing problems.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The purge change is primarily a bug fix, because the card doesn't currently do what it says it does; I'm also surprised to see our handling of it labeled 'prompt' but there you have it :)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.