[Request - UI] Improve Character Roster

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Sir Veza, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'm keeping this very general because I don't know what options are available, nor the the level of difficulty involved.

The roster of inactive characters appears to be set to the order in which the characters were purchased. They can be reorganized by the player, but will revert as soon as the deckbuilder is exited and re-entered. Co-op has increased the use of the inactive character roster, because the desired character from the party retrieved must be located and added as the current active character. Repetition emphasizes just how slow the process is.

I am asking for some way to sort or reorder the inactive character roster.

Sorting by Race and Class, as is done with the figures in Cuthbert's Costumes, has been a very popular suggestion. I think this would be the preferred option of most players. Barring that, just some means for a player to set a default order would be a significant improvement.

I'm hoping for something better than compiling a list of the current order, deciding my desired order, buying new characters (in the desired order), leveling them all up to 20-something, and deleting the characters who are out of place. Especially because I'd probably change my mind about the order I wanted them in at least twice.

Thank you.

Servoret, Tyro, 40c_rudy and 9 others like this.
  2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

That is what I want.

Sir Veza likes this.
  3. Phantom_Sun

Phantom_Sun Kobold

Same here. I could re-organize the character sheets in the keep by adding/removing them from my party but it will revert back to the original order once you exit. Organizing the characters in the same manner as the costume shop does sounds great but I would also be fine with the keep remembering the order we put them in by adding/removing.

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

Got to admit that it's not ideal - I'd definitely like to be able to sort by race/class/both rather than having to scroll through what seems like most of my 27 characters to find the one with the right outfit! Perhaps even a filter if possible.

Co-op play has made saving builds more complicated - I'd like to be able to save certain co-op characters without using up party saves. Perhaps there could be a separate set of save slots for co-op? Or perhaps I'm just getting greedy when 100 save slots aren't enough?

ParodyKnaveBob, Tyro and Sir Veza like this.
  5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

100 was plenty for me before EttSC came out. It still works, but I'm having to sub in some decidedly non-optimal builds I'm using to level up characters. Once that's done and I swap my preferred builds back, I think 100 should work for me until the next expansion.

6. OMG This:
    Really something than later or early needs to be done.

Also a way to mark a charater as a co-op character can be helpful.

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

We can do this, but only while in co-op. Just save the party while your co-op character is selected. If its icon appears in the 4th window, it worked. This works very well if you always use the same character of a saved party when playing co-op.

Tyro likes this.
  8. I'm still waiting for this. One more Year of wait on My Cardhunter Christmas Wishlist!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016