Relic Reclamation - Custom Scenario

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by adajon, Sep 2, 2016.

1. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Head Hunter

Pre-Battle Text
    After a long trek through the Malevolent Mountains, Vingus finally arrives at the trolls' hiding place - a squat temple, nestled in a cave at the base of a looming, snow-capped mountain. The sight of dwarven skulls displayed on pikes beside the door makes him shudder, but he steels himself and remembers the purpose of his quest; to destroy the vase containing Grendel's semi-living severed head before the trolls have a chance to resurrect him. Magically raising a group of fire idols from the earth, Vingus prepares himself for battle. After all his sins against the dwarven race, the Troll King must not be allowed to live again.

Post-Battle Text
    With a fierce dwarven battlecry, Vingus swings his sword in a wide arc and cleaves through the vase, sending stone and trollish blood flying everywhere. The trolls' eyes widen in shock at seeing their leader's head destroyed, and both make a hasty retreat, dropping their weapons in the process. A victory for all of dwarf-kind!

[​IMG]

Notes

• Tags are respawnFilterPlayer1, respawnPeriodOne and noNonMinionKillPoints
    • If any of your characters die, you lose

If you have time, please consider trying this scenario out and giving feedback on how it could be improved! Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Maniafig likes this.
  2. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Beat it on first attempt. Troll was (probably) about to deliver killing blow to a magma idol, when I smashed the phylactery.

You could give the trolls different colors.

3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

If he combines the trolls into one group then they will also provide victory points.

4. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

If you give the trolls different colors they can't be in the same group.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Some monsters can have different colors when in the same group, I know Mummies and Sharkbears can. But Trolls aren't one of them.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  6. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I like the use of a Phylactery that needs to be smashed rather than a victory square as the requirement to win, especially the way it's explained in the pre and post battle flavour text. Playing the map is fun too, Vingus and the statues have pretty consistent decks so it doesn't feel like you have to wait for the right draws to get something done.

I beat the map on my first try, I had Heavy Armor from the first turn and the Trolls only tried to come after my Dwarf so it was pretty easy to get them in lava by the end of every turn and heal off what damage they could do if I couldn't shake them off. If you want to make the map harder then you could use the hard variant of the Phylactery which has its Ancient Statue armor as its racial draw, that makes it harder to actually smash the Phylactery, but I also think the map is fine as it is.

Pawndawan and adajon like this.
  7. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

I had that originally, but found it a little too hard - the Phylactery ended up with three Ancient Statue cards, negating a lot of Vingus's damage, and I couldn't smash it in time before the trolls killed him.

Maniafig likes this.