Release 3.81 (13 Oct 2015)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Oct 13, 2015.

1. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I think that bug from the past when someone insta-resigned and you would get a spinning wheel forever is back. I reloaded the page after that occurred, and I'm stuck at the spinning wheel after attempting to log in.

EDIT: It took 4 reloads and 3 time-outs for me to finally get back in. Not sure if that's something to look at or just an odd occurrence tied to the insta-resign/hitting the victory button at the same time. Either way, FYI.

EDIT TWO: Also, I do not appear to have received spoils or an elo increase after the match. Minor quibble, but something else to add to the situation. Please move if this was incorrect to place here.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah, it's technically trying to spawn more monsters. But you'll still win if you kill everything.

3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Yes - and my Winter one has gone missing too! Could someone put it back into my collection or figure out the problem please?

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I can confirm this just happened to me on the 8th node:

[​IMG]

Got the epic Mageslayer Mail, but only a rare Peasants Plate in club... again a level 1 item, don't know if this is part of the problem.

5. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I think this is essentially right. The loot algorithm is deciding that you should get a level 1 non-treasure item and, since there are no non-treasure Epic items of that level, it does the best it can and finds a Rare for you. I will have to think about how to fix this.

Stexe likes this.
  6. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

:D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    seth arue and CT5 like this.
  7. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

That's easy to do. Open up an Aloyzo-style contest based around making a level 1 epic item. :)

In fact, I can go whip one up for the current contest, I'm sure :D

Edit: Totally missed the bolded text there my first read, @Xayrn :p

Shall we get to it, then? :D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  8. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Or a level 1 legendary would work, wouldn't it? I'm sure either would be horrible, but at least they'd sell..

9. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Actually, I've played around with level 1 item designs in the past, and I've made some really, really good ones.
    Or, at least, conceptually unique enough to stand out despite their level.

Honestly, the tricky part isn't making a low level item good, but getting it to be EXACTLY level 1, rather than, say, 0. :X

seth arue likes this.
  10. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

So, found another odd glitch. When going through the caverns of chaos, all of the items that your initial party carries into the Cavern won't actually be calculated on the item numbers for your loot. For instance, because my warrior equipped two Bejeweled Shot Swords to fight the first battle, my inventory and the related item number only shows seven.

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Known issue; item count doesn't reflect equipped items unless the characters with this items are "active"--which they're not for most of CoC. I don't know if there's a plan to fix this but it's been an issue since the item counts were first introduced.

12. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

So yeah, that "Level One Epic" thing seems to be a bigger problem than I thought. Got a miss on level eight with Shoddy Healing Token.

[​IMG]

And again with another Peasant's Plate on level nine. This run was painful.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think a fix is coming.

14. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Awesome. You still owe me three epics. *grumble*

15. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Alright, that's it. I'm officially done with CoC until this fix comes. For crying out loud...Green Lotus Root and Peasant's Plate. Seriously, is level eight just like weighted towards level one crappy items? This is the third time in a row! I'm starting to think your loot system has more problems than just a lack of level one epic items...

[​IMG]

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You're balancing Bykuzplastiku's drops.

17. moonkid

moonkid Kobold

My partner and I gave CoC a try in two-player co-op. Not sure if this is intended or not, but as soon as the characters randomised (map 2), we ended up with three characters (instead of the normal two for two-player), and player 1 got to control two guys. Seems weird - is it meant to do that?

We also had a definite bug on map 2: both teams were holding a control point apiece, but we got the star as though we had more than them.

General comments: the randomness is novel, but the game definitely feels very different from its usual self. We had one really difficult fight straight up where we had to hide in a corner and spend about 15 rounds cycling cards until we were healed up enough to take on the last few ranged guys (who had neglected to come and flush us out). Then we got two in a row that were really, really easy. Then one which was an open space with two laser turrets and a whole horde of melee guys (ie. basically impossible). Still, it was a fun distraction from running through the campaign in co-op.

18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

That's normal for co-op using monster groups. Experiment with the Mauve Manticores to see how it works with 4 or 5 groups.

Red Victory terrain only counts for the player.

19. moonkid

moonkid Kobold

Fair enough - we haven't tried any of the MMs co-op. And I'd forgotten the red victory squares were different. Thanks for the reminder!

20. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Well, it is the Caverns of CHAOS! :-P I do think it would be nice if there were some restrictions on what you get. Getting 2 control wizards and a non-damage focused priest on a non-VP map with hoards of enemies is pretty brutal.
    Or even allowing a single retry or something. That way if you got an impossible configuration you'd get another chance. Granted, you could get 2 impossible wins in a run, but it definitely limits the problem. And the hiding for 15 rounds and cycling can happen in SP too. I've had to do that on a few maps.

Definitely enjoyed CoC so far. Just a shame that my browser crashed when I was on the 7th level and I had to start all over.