Release 1.35 (16 Oct 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

The build features a new lobby layout that makes better use of the space. It also allows sorting of users by rating or name and should make it easier to find who is in the lobby.

In the campaign, you can now modify your party before starting a battle, which makes it easier to adjust your party after reading a battle description.

As well as that, there is the usual assortment of miscellaneous bug-fixes and optimisations. Enjoy!

Multiplayer
    • New lobby layout.
    • MP user list should no longer change scroll position when refreshed.
    • Added sort buttons to lobby user list.
    • Reverse sort on second click of lobby sort.
    • Changed 'next reward' icon to be smaller.
    • Resized scenario list in casual game picker.
    • Changes to queuing algorithm after a quick loss (resigning quickly means you wait longer for the next match).
    • Spectators don't need to be re-added to the lobby when they stop spectating a battle, since they're already in the lobby.
    Adventures
    • You can now edit your party pre-battle during an adventure.
    • Don't count battle losses towards adventure or quest loss when playing the first battle of an adventure.
    • Fixed typo on Rescue cover
    • Added "Imp-proof Robes" as a guaranteed loot drop from Highway Robbery adventure
    • Adjusted pre-battle text of Bluk, Goblin Chieftain, to make it clear he's a Goblin Hulk
    • Properly re-re-fixed scenario text for Wizard's Workshop
    • Only prompt about delevelling when delevelling is actually required at adventure start.
    • Clear treasure chest on client side when adventure state changes from looting state ("take all and continue").
    • Archive button is shown when modifying party in pre-adventure state.
    • Don't show empty chest in pre-battle deckbuild state for battle zero.
    Monsters
    • Changed Bluk to look like a Goblin Hulk.
    Hints
    • Removed duplicate scenario display names, and updated Hints file to use display names instead of scenario names
    • Added post-loss hints for Melvelous the Magnificent
    • Added post-loss hints for Lord Stafford's Treasure
    • Added or altered hints for Ruby Demon Portal, Highway Robbery, Throne of Strench, Compass of Xorr, Order of the Core
    Campaign
    • Made button position on quit adventure overlay more consistent.
    Cards
    • Reworded Solid Wood rules.
    • Update the Block keywords to make clear that they block effects, not targeting.
    Items
    • Fixed icon for massive harm item.
    • Fix missing icon for Bulky Cloth Vest
    Performance
    • Use the client version number instead of a timestamp for caching of assets
    Story
    • Made all deckbuilder prompts consistent about auto-dismissal (on deckbuilder or screen change).
    • Fixed a bunch of grammar stuff.
    Tutorial
    • When setting tutorial flags, only resend the qualified adventures if the client requests it. Flag prompts that need new qualified adventure data. World screen only updates current adventure when the current adventure actually changes. Fixes some tutorial scrolling issues.
    Audio
    • Added unholy, holy and poison damage audio.
    • Default global volume to 7.
    Pizza
    • Edited basic edition picture to make it clear that it includes a fixed set of figures.
    Internal Stuff
    • Add some null checks to prevent error call stacks
    • Attempt to retry database calls that are killed due to deadlock
    • Extend exception handling to allow more information in logs
    • Throw an unimplemented error on some interface methods of the DB class, just to make sure we're not trying to use them.
    • Don't throw an error notifying friends when the player object has already been cleaned up.
    • Break up leaderboard transactions to better avoid deadlocks
    • Additional information in some PayPal error logging to more easily connect detailed messages with transactions
    • Fix an error recording purchases made with Google Wallet
    • Reset account and reset all accounts DB procs reset last mp loss time.
    • Fix a database error where the connection is closed before committing results
    • Reduce the severity level of auth failure and duplicate login messages
    • Update room field in battle table to support larger room names

fooble, Sisquinanamook and Flaxative like this.
  2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Should admins be absolved from the Name and Rating sort ? Or be separately sorted ? Asking cos its weird to have to scroll to see jon_admin somewhere in the middle of the lobby. Might help dispel the rumors of 'ghost towns' alto halloween is indeed round the corner :)

edit: apparently, name sort is case sensitive as well. Wai ?

3. Sisquinanamook

Sisquinanamook Orc Soldier

The adventure changes sound very interesting. I'm looking forward to it... As soon as I'm able to play card hunter again properly. ^^

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

The lack-of-expending-retries-on-the-first-map thing will make people happy.

By the way: good job on the logic of what visual chest issues could arise from the new pre-battle editing. One thing: the button for going back to the battle description AFTER using this new pre-battle editing says "Try again," which is not quite the text you want. It implies I just used a retry.

. . . Oh ho, another piece of guaranteed loot for early levels. And it's another which tells you, explicitly, that you should think strategically in this game.

That's pretty nice. What's also nice is that I skipped that adventure and so I still have it to complete!

5. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

Obviously, I went and played through Highway Robbery again as soon as I saw this. Didn't get these. I had already cleared it, so I assume that's the reason, but is there any way for someone like me to get them?

Or at least find out what they are... Are they good? I don't see them in the wiki.

6. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I think it was reported as 1x Resistant Hide, 2x Reliable Hide Armor. As it's a guaranteed drop it only drops on first clear - but it's still in the main loot table.

7. progammer

progammer Ogre

Common robe too, so just head over to your shop for one tomorrow. In fact, it was in my shop right now, probably because I have not yet entered it today.

[​IMG]

Jayce likes this.
  8. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

Okay, thanks. That's really pretty decent.

9. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

progammer and Pengw1n like this.
  10. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Is there any chance he got nerfed a bit as well? I just hit him during my daily rounds, and the only thing he did was use lots of walk cards. He really went out of his way to hokey-pokey around, walk away, walk back...
    The little shaman was the only thing to hit me. Once.
    If you did the same thing to Bluk's encounter as you did to the top floor of the Wizard's Workshop, you may have made him a little too wimpy. That's just my impression, I may have just really lucked out.

11. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless Goblin Champion

Uh oh. I just realised, Melvolous the Lich wasn't removed from this build. Does this mean I should be worried that he might rise and start killing everyone off during my custom games again? >_<

12. Dorian

Dorian Mushroom Warrior

Pretty sure you were just lucky; we didn't make any changes to Bluk's deck or to his AI.

Aldones likes this.
  13. fooble

fooble Kobold

Excellent. :)

That leaves only two more things on my wishlist.
    1. View sightlines when moving
    2. Remove the need for XP grinding (Discussion)

14. Gnug315

Gnug315 Mushroom Warrior

Nice. How about lobby games list sort by rating?

15. Jon

I thought about that, but what would it sort by? The highest player rating in the game?

I find it quite easy to scan the battle list for high rated player icons, which tend to be the most interesting to spectate.

16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Sorting by the highest player rating in the game would be just fine and intuitive enough. The matchmaking works well enough that the matches aren't too lopsided so it shouldn't affect the sorting order much anyway. Also, isn't the higher-rated player the more sought-after one for the list users?

Scanning the list is easy enough, but sorting the list would be easier still and more convenient. As you say yourself, the high end ones are the matches to watch for and I suspect very many users of the games list are looking for them, I know I am. It would be a very nice convenience feature. You could probably make many users happier with moderate effort here. Sounds like a win to me :) .

17. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Hey, you know that bit about "Clear treasure chest on client side when adventure state changes from looting state"? Is that responsible for the loot items, well, completely ceasing to be visible when I move onto the next battle? Because now they just seem to vanish. It's sort of a break in continuity:

If I pick up an item from the chest and move it into my inventory, then hit "Take All and Continue," this one item and all others in my inventory will remain visible while the screen scrolls upward.

But if I leave any items in the chest and then hit "Take All and Continue," the items in the chest suddenly cease to exist while the screen is scrolling upward.

Prior to this update, those items in the chest would suddenly drop into my inventory. As it is now, I could see new players wondering whether they were lost permanently.

18. Jon

I'm pretty sure that previously items weren't visually removed from the chest if you hit "take all and continue".

Anyway, in the next build they'll fly out of the chest and into your inventory instead of just being silently moved.

19. Gnug315

Gnug315 Mushroom Warrior

Yes, the highest player rating in the game would be fine. I wouldn't mind spectating their games to check out their decks and strategies.

I don't find it very easy to scan, when the list is long. Bear in mind you're 1000x more used to looking at the lobby than the average user :)

20. dmar314

dmar314 Goblin Champion

Any chance of not increasing wait time if you legitimately lose rather than quickly resign? I run an all-elf team, and I often lose turn 1 or 2 to the wellspring firestorm mage builds. It might just be my imagination, but I believe I see increased queue times for the next match after quickly losing to these, which is no fun since I am trying to play.