Received no loot

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by HD23, Jan 17, 2013.

1. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

I got no loot for the first part of the Compass of Xorr quest. Since there is no loot, I can't loot the chest, and can't continue without returning to the map, at which time I can continue.

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Can you PM me your game user name please?

3. Jon

Hrm, can't see anything relevant in the logs. If you or anyone else sees something like this can you please do the following: press F1 to open the console, check for any errors in there. In any case, please report the issue to this thread.

4. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

Umm this being the the place for getting stuck I thought I would put this here. Not every time, but about 1 out of 4 times I cast smoke cloud when the cloud is supposed to dissipate the game locks up till I get the connection failed message. The other times it just takes a long time for it to go away, and seems to freeze everything else when it is waiting.

5. Jon

Please post this into a new thread, seems like an entirely different problem.

6. Mystral

Mystral Kobold

I have the no loot problem at the time of this post.
    I can see no errors mentioned in the log, but this is the last bit of log in case it helps with finding the moment it happened:

BATTLE LOG: Battle=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Wilder died
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Gary was defeated
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Gary was defeated
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Group,Goblin Berzerker2,Event,Discard,Card,a card
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Group,Goblin Berzerker2,Event,Discard,Card,a card
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Group,Goblin Berzerker2,Event,Discard,Card,Strong Chop
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Group,Goblin Berzerker2,Event,Discard,Card,Massive Chop
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Event,GameOver
    Initializing deck builder

Edit: Just in case it matters i can put an item in the chest, i tried it twice with a Woodman's Axe. I mention it because it also gives an entry in the log after what i posted above.

7. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

No loot too, but hey, a log message. Is this it?

BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Black Forest,Scenario=Monkey Clearing,Msg=Event,GameOver
    StaticCardRenderer::checkTextArea Lunging Thrust Thumbnail Title is too wide.
    StaticCardRenderer::checkTextArea Lunging Thrust Thumbnail Title is too wide.

8. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

No loot in Compass of Xorr, but could resume game just fine.

Screenshot with the console:
    [​IMG]

9. Scyrax

Scyrax Mushroom Warrior

I just got this too, also in Compass of Xorr.

Attached Files:

10. Rapid

Rapid Mushroom Warrior

If we open the loot chest but don't remove the items, is it normal that we don't automatically get the loot in our inventory? (I tried it to see what would happen)

11. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yes, that's how it currently works it seems. A lot of people has brought it up - I'd consider it a bug, but it's still there after a few weeks, so now sure how the devs view it.

12. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

The game warns you if you are about to leave anything of real value so i consider it fine.

13. Pengw1n

What is considered "of real value" then? As it happened to me, and I didn't get warned. Also, new players losing loot isn't really welcoming. It's either a bug or a wonky "feature", still - this topic is probably about the empty chest bug to begin with, so I'll stay silent with ot ;)

14. Rapid

Rapid Mushroom Warrior

Well, maybe you don't want to pick up all the junk you find, like weapons you'll never use again and can only sell for 1 gold.

15. Pengw1n

Like I said, if this a feature it's fine - it just needs better documentation/warning. I was aware of it, and still forgot stuff in a chest - that I didn't plan to leave. Several people have said they have. Just sayin'.

16. Jon

Eventually I plan to add a "take all" button.

Pengw1n and Zalminen like this.
  17. imMara

imMara Mushroom Warrior

First time it happens. No loot bug.

Code:
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Player,Gary,Event,SelectCard,Selection,
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Group,Goblin Shredders,Event,Discard,Card,Missile Block
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Meriar needs to discard a card
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Player,imMara,Event,SelectCardRequired,Selections,Heavy Armor|Missile Block|Hardy Mail
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Player,imMara,Event,SelectCard,Selection,Hardy Mail
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Group,Meriar,Event,Discard,Card,Hardy Mail
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Arkand needs to discard a card
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Player,imMara,Event,SelectCardRequired,Selections,Run|Reliable Hide Armor|Missile Block
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Player,imMara,Event,SelectCard,Selection,Missile Block
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Group,Arkand,Event,Discard,Card,Missile Block
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Ladale needs to discard a card
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Player,imMara,Event,SelectCardRequired,Selections,Unholy Frenzy|Run|Heavy Armor
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Player,imMara,Event,SelectCard,Selection,Unholy Frenzy
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Group,Ladale,Event,Discard,Card,Unholy Frenzy
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Turn Complete
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Starting round 7
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Event,Attachment Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Brekkil took 10 damage
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Brekkil died
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Trewz took 10 damage
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Detaching and discarding Fiery Stab from Trewz
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Trewz died
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Gary was defeated
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Group,Goblin Shredders,Event,Discard,Card,a card
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Group,Goblin Shredders,Event,Discard,Card,Quick Reactions
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tree Forts,Scenario=Tree Forts Light,Msg=Event,GameOver
    StaticCardRenderer::checkTextArea Short Perplexing Ray Thumbnail Title is too wide.
    StaticCardRenderer::checkTextArea Short Perplexing Ray Thumbnail Title is too wide.

18. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

2nd adv in Goblin Tree Forts, no loot...this has been happening since day 1 of beta iirc ? Are we any closer to determining what happened or is this smthg that's sporadic with the loot generator algorithm ? Attached full log of the session fyi, no obvious errors with regard to opening chest. Hope it helps. :)

edit: Attached cards: Impaler (3) blocks Powerful Bludgeon....bug ?

Attached Files:

19. Jon

Are you seeing the bug where it won't let you continue or are you just not getting anything in the chest?

20. Jon

I think I've found the problem, will look into this for next build.