Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

2. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

I have White Flame in my RR. I have seen it mentioned a few times. Are burn wizards actually good right now?

3. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Are they actually good right now? Umm... IDK.

All I DO know is that Instant Burn is awesome, and having 6 from White Flame combines really well with a variety of Staffs: Staff Of Embers, Barnum's Staff, Searing Pain....

For me, White Flame is an insta-buy. You kind of need the right legendary items to go with it, but you can't replace White Flame at all.

hatchhermit likes this.
  4. Ector

Ector Hydra

Well, technically two Red Flames are the same as White Flame + Staff Of Million Embers, but yes, the White Flame is an insta-buy since it can be used even for low-level farming, where you have no yellow tokens, but still have plenty of Firestorms and other burning spells.

5. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I have two Red Flame, I stand by what I said. The problem with Red Flame is that you are kind of shoehorned into using two staffs with Instant Burn; I feel like 3 Instant Burn is never enough, ESPECIALLY with the short duration on Ember Burst and the shorter duration on Flame Spit. At least with a White Flame you can have any one of a dozen of the good Fire staffs in the game(Note: These range from legendary>epic>rare!) and have a massive damage improvement with Focused Burning or Focused Pyromancy. Red Flame just isn't that flexible.

6. Ector

Ector Hydra

So, everybody is still sleeping, so I can boast with my new assortment first. Unfortunately, there is nothing to boast... I guess I just have too many legendaries to enjoy this week. This is the week called "I have one" :)

White Flame. Great, but I have one and don't plan to have two burning mages in my team. One mage has to perform the support tasks like pushing the enemies back, dissolving armor etc. Plus, a character can have only three attachments, so the two burners will override each other's spells.
    Captain Cedric's Helm. I have one, but will buy the second one for the second warrior. Nothing is better, after all!
    Absolem's Leather Shoes. I have one and don't need the second one.
    Leomunk's Kickin' Boots. Mostly for fun, or for maximizing the number of bashes on a dwarf warrior. I will think about them.
    Og's Boots Of Peril. No, they are not Nasrum's Moccasins.
    St. Xarol's Mace. Very strange and unfocused weapon.
    The Hackmaster. Well, you know, I have one blah-blah-blah. It would probably be funny to play two of them, though. Almighty Hack! Another Almighty Hack! I won! :D

The rest legendaries are utter crap (Relic Of St. Darqar, St.Tezrim's Corona and Ulrin's Scuttling Socks). There are some interesting epics, though:

Ihibrin's Holy Droplets. I don't have one! But yellow token and the weak Light Heal stop me from buying it immediately. What do you think?
    Jackrabbit Shield. I don't have one. But I'm not a big fan of shields with Dodge anyway...
    Mithril Mesh Slippers. I have one, but never used it. Looks like a nice boots with armor and movement.
    Rockshard Robes. I have one. Hard to decide where I could use two.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  7. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Huh, I guess you would only need one White Flame.

Leomunk's are nice, I have them and Pwindle's Boots which I like more because of flanking move. I still would never buy them!

St. Xarol's Mace is an oddity, but it has two Sundering Strike and four heals- it fits right into my Vampire team. What can you do when the game gives you so many?

Twilight Talisman, Lucent Talisman, Lattimore's Relic... all three I prefer to Ihibrin's. Ihibrin's is nice because it is all heal effects but there are better heal items anyways.

I have needed (Well, used to great effect) 2X Rockshard Robes and 2X Firehide Robes in various leagues and campaign missions. Sometimes Firestorm is a great catch-all, other times Stone Spikes is much better.

8. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

Some interesting items this week and a nice no doubter.

Strongarm definitely buying this

Huetotl's Firebrand excellent item, but i already have one. Do i really need a second? I have a few St. Olaf's Fiery Pike so im not sure its an upgrade thats worth the cash.

Shieldripper Interesting, just not sure if its worth the cash. Unnerving Strike can be found on many great items. Has anyone used this much?

The Tenderizer I already have a Sundersong but i almost like the tenderizer more because it has more total damage with only two less Sundering Strike. Anyone used it?

Hope you all had a good haul this week.

9. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Boxton's Red Pendant - it's not Miligar's Dragon Tongue but Telekinesis is so useful.
    Darkblood Glaive - YESSS although Cadefel's Savage Maul just dropped for me... I'm thinking that Darkblood> Cadefal's but I could always use BOTH in SP levels 8+. Savage Curse is so freaking AWESOME. Beat Elder Mind in like eight minutes.
    Golden Wings - Have: 0. Want: 1. Will settle for Eixtl's Winged Mail, which I don't have either.
    Ring Of Majestic Healing - I have Hrillia's Healing Ring and no surplus gold. This one I would rarely use outside of theory.
    St. Alipp's Hammer- No thanks. Cool item though. Compared to St. Amarack's Cudgel it doesn't seem like much, and there are 3 higher damage weapons out there.
    St. Sebanna's Armor- Aww another item I wanted once. I love you team heal.
    Again, a cool armor that would be neat for some kind of Firestorm/Flash of Agony build but far from buyable.

Relic Of St. Darqar lolno

Weirdly, I have Aloysi's Ring, General Gideon's Helm and Hand-held Ram for the third week in a row.

10. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Huetotl's Firebrand I have wanted one for months. You get Sundering strike, Triple Heals over two Stab. I never did use that fourth major token, and my priest still dual-wields Fiery Pikes. I've learned however that having 8 stab attacks in a deck is quite reliable, and 6 damage from 2 range is nothing to sneeze at.

Shieldripper is super cool. Unnerving Strike has great value in battle, often destroying blocks AND dealing damage. If you don't have any good weapons with Unnerving Strike, you should get some. Many people should have Ztoli Branch in that regard, however.

Ironically, The Tenderizer used to deal less damage than Sundersong. I really enjoyed the Tenderizer through my second run of campaign. The damage isn't really the important part, the key here is that Sundersong has 5 Sundering Strike (which is amazing!) and the next-closest thing is Petochl's Sword with 3. The Tenderizer is the only item that doesn't cost two major tokens, so if you don't have Troll's Ire or a Tenderizer I recommend one.

11. Ector

Ector Hydra

Hmm, I see a sense of having two Energizing Move for a dwarf warrior (regular movement is doubled!), but Flanking Move is probably only useful to the pikeman/halberdier with range 2. An extra Lunging Bash would be very nice for any warrior based on Crusher. The more bashes, the better.

I've though about this, but didn't like the idea. Sapping Spear is so weak that even MF isn't going to make it powerful enough. Twin Heals is quite weak too. The rest cards are good, but that isn't enough. I'd sooner use my Gauixl's Sacred Maquah instead. Yellow tokens aren't usually a problem for a vampire, and I will have only one non-vampire card, Lunging Bash, which can be very useful for the Range 2 attacks.

Thanks! I've explored them and decided to skip the Droplets.

Looks like 500 gold isn't much for the variety, right.

12. Ector

Ector Hydra

It's obviously much better, but only you can decide whether it's worth the cash or not :) I'd say that a supporting priest isn't forced to have MF only on his weapons; if you have Bleneth's Skull, you can equip a second weapon without MF. A priest with two Firebrands will have only 6 attacks from his weapons; they will be great, but you will still have a lot of turns without the attacks at all.

It's essential for any Crusher build. The goal is to have only crushing attacks, and a lot of them. Unnerving Strike is one of the best crushing attacks in terms of tech: you hit for a serious damage and potentially discard his block. All other "great items" with it are worse since they rarely have only crushing attacks.

I'd say Sundersong is better if you have the tokens. Anyway, Tenderizer isn't as essential as Shieldripper.

13. iruj

iruj Orc Soldier

I have some great stuff at Randimar's, limited resources though, so any advice is welcome. First of all, I'm going to get Impervious Panoply from the Daily Deal shop and Infused Greatclub from Randimar. That leaves me with ~1400 gold, I hope to get it up to 2500-3000 by next weekend.

Azgul's Orb - seems fantastic to me.
    Forval's Chain - would go nicely with my Booming Ring, yet the price is so high.
    Staff of Embers
    Kelharin's Clogs - team run is great, however Rhood's Boots are also for sale and they're epic.
    Staff of the Misanthrope - already have one, luckily.
    Lt. Buckwell's Boots - my wizard has Red Jon's Boots though.

Thanks for the input.

14. Ector

Ector Hydra

There is no choice, really: grab Azgul's Orb and be happy with it. It will help you both in SP and MP. I need two myself but have none alas :)

15. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Flanking Move is one of the best cards in the game, hands down. The tactical advantages of this card are exhaustive. Stealing Priority, flank+face, double-moves, wizard wall... getting into range for spear attacks is the least of all things you could do with it.
    Lunging Bash is flexible, at least.

I don't endorse any sort of "Crusher Build". At least, not one without lots of Lunging Bash which kind of defeats the purpose of Crusher since Bruiser does the same +2 damage to Lunging Bash.
    Still, if you could fit Shieldripper in with Porior's Nimble Mace and The Lunginator (for example) you may have something.

When it comes to Mass Frenzy, I've been running 7 Mass Frenzy, minimum, for a long, long time. Of course you can use less and still get away with it, but if you use more you get Mass Frenzy much more often, and that consistent damage buff for two crazed warriors + a stabbing priest? Fantastic.

Iruj, I recommend you save up your gold, but if you don't make it to 2500 g at least buy Rhood's Boots.

Azgul's Orb is a huge benefit to farming (which isn't quite the same anymore) and it's a decent item all-around, even desirable in large quantities, but for a new player you should probably holdout for something(s) that would make a more drastic improvement to your party.
    Unless you are used to grinding for hours for a pittance of gold. Then you should buy it.

16. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

17. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Bleneth's Skull/Medallion - Buy if you have neither. Best Frenzy divine items.
    Wym's Fiery Bangle-Buy if YOU LIKE TO PLAY WITH FIRE! This is the #2 best source of Flame Jet.

Snitrick's is cool but frankly who needs one? Twisting/Hexagon Shield are cheap, Shield of the Underdog/Icicle Shield are very similar, and Granwick's Shield/Eeygonic's Shield are better IMO.
    I have all of the above legendary shields, and occasionally I will use all 3 in my trogging party. But that's mostly because they are sitting nicely at the top of my inventory and I don't have to hunt down the other shields.

Blazing Shortsword is a great item too.

hatchhermit likes this.
  18. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I do! Oh, you meant in the game. I do!

Edit: I just sold all my excess items and I have enough for one of them w/o selling treasures. With playing this week and selling treasure I should be able to get both.

19. Ector

Ector Hydra

Yes, Flanking Move is great for a wizard, but for a warrior it's only Stealing Priority, double moves or "jump away and stab with a spear". Dodge would be better for all this except for stealing priority, of course. Lunging Bash is also a "double move", plus bashing the enemy away.

Yes, you will have a Crusher build :) Lunging Bash is very flexible, but it has inferior damage, like most bashes. A pure Bruiser build isn't viable; the devs pumped damage a bit during a rebalance, but it wasn't enough. That's why we need Focused Crushing which I don't have alas :(
    The good weapons for this build also include Crimson Morningstar, Eixocl's Hammer, Bolg's Big Iron Plate and Dangerous Club.

I guess you often have two copies which is "temporary card disadvantage", though.

I'd say that any player (both new and old) should try to get the best items if he can. While you don't have enough good items to win in MP, farm gold and treasures in SP missions. That's why you cannot miss the Azgul's Orb: it can be played in MP, but in SP it's simply fantastic.

20. iruj

iruj Orc Soldier

Thanks for the replies. I sadly managed to not buy Impervious Panoply - I somehow forgot that Daily Deal actually means daily, a rather bright moment.

As for Azgul's Orb, I don't grind for gold (if by grinding you mean doing a few select missions over and over) as I find it a bit boring, but firestorms sure are handy on some of the more annoying (for me) maps - the second fight of the Elder Mind for example.