Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Focused Crushing + Raging Battler + The Lunginator + The Lunginator + Porior's Nimble Mace/ Dangerous Club = A lot of crushing damage.

Man if I had two more Lunginators I would have an unstoppable 2war/1 Priest all-dwarf party. XD

Should I buy my third from Randimar's this week? I've used it a ton more than I thought I ever would.

2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

If you're having that much fun with it, absolutely! :)

3. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I bought it for my collection, but I doubt I'll ever use it. I see little value in chain harnesses, but I may be missing something.

hatchhermit likes this.
  5. Ector

Ector Hydra

I've bought it last week, and it's my official midrange level farming shield now :) AI doesn't think about the possible blocks.
    I have to note that if Bad Luck, Triple Heals, Mind Worm etc. will trigger my block, I will draw a card, and my opponent won't. That's a clear advantage.

I've bought a second one for my future team of vampire priests. They have a lot of free yellow tokens and direly need MF all the time. It lasts only 2 turns, alas, and the opponent will try to purge it, so you will need both Skulls, and the extra MF from Bynzer's Black Spear too.

I have it too at my Randimar's. Please tell me, are you really going to play Unholy Energy on your chars? An average char has nearly half non-attack cards in his deck. You probably can have more, but I've never played it. Does it count the trait cards too?

If you'd tell that yesterday, I'd probably buy the second Raging Battler :) I have no Lunginators and no Focused Crushing, but I have Shieldripper and two Porior's Maces.

If you like the idea, then you should defenitely buy it. The whole game is about implementing the crazy ideas!

6. Ector

Ector Hydra

The great weapon, very focused and unique. Add some bashing fun to it, and you'll get a very powerful warrior. Absorb enemy attacks with your Polearm Slashes, bash the enemy away and kill him with the same Slashes. Cool!

Hylithia's Robes is a crap; it isn't worth a token. You should wait for Robes Of White Wylla if you want Arcane Shell.
    It isn't worth a token too. Duncan's Leather Cap is better since it has Enchanted Harness, as well as General Jelom's Helm, if you can spare a yellow token. All Harnesses are weak as armor, and Chain Harness isn't much better than Leather Harness. So actually you have two very good items this week: the Halberd and Illusion.

hatchhermit likes this.
  7. Ector

Ector Hydra

Now, my own assortment... I am happy to see Miligar's Dragon Tongue, it's an instant buy, and I'm one step closer to the ideal burning mage :) Only two Azgul's Orbs left. The rest goodies are:

Painful Flashstaff. Probably the best farming staff for (minortoken)(minortoken), especially for my team with Savage Curses. Exceptional damage to the gigantic monsters having lots of cards, mass damage to all enemies in sight. I have a Dianon's Staff, two Black Walnut Staffs and two Staff Of Pain, but this one is the best.

Gloomthirst. The attacks are meh, so this can be a candidate only if somebody tell me how to use Unholy Energy without killing my own character. I have a strong feeling that the common Quickmind Spear is better :)

Sabo's Mirror. I guess two Counterspells are good nowadays. On the other hand, I've got a tokenless Brin's Storm Locket...

I also have the second Vibrant Pain, but not going to buy it, since I don't know what to do with the first one :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

OK so Unholy Energy counts the cards in your hand at the start of your turn, then draws 1 card. It reveals all non-attack cards (including a Trait if you drew one with the effect) and then deals 1 damage per card,, which can be reduced by any armor except Shimmering Aura (After that, you get your normal draw for the turn). It used to be 2 damage , it's actually pretty fair now. Think about it-revealing Reliable Mail won't hurt your character, as would most armors. On rare occasions it will reveal a Block or Move card but the damage is still a non-issue.

So if you look at it, Unholy Energy is really just rare/silver Accelerated Thought that has a slight drawback. From experience using it you should stack Energy first then attach Thought for 2 extra cards/turn for 3 turns.
    Gloomthirst probably is not worth 2500 g but it does have more card draw (3) than any other weapon with Unholy Energy and/or Accelerated Thought, or even Consecrate Ground. (max 2)

Other thoughts: I love Counterspell.

Duncan's Chain Cap is garbage. "... inferiority to Lt. Buckwell's Strapping and basically any other Helmet with Chain Harness."

Hylithia's Robes are neat when you consider that you can keep all 3 cards when you draw them, no discarding required. Small synergy with Leadership. Probably not worth it, especially thanks to Punishing Bolt though.

Crazy Sal's Halberd is very unique, I would buy one.
    Illusion I see Barriers played in MP and it's overwhelming in Death March.

Painful Flashstaff is very cool, it's similar to Mindsplinter Staff/Staff Of Pain though. So I wouldn't buy it , I would just use Staff Of Chask, /Staff Of The Misanthrope or Staff of Pain instead.

Thanks for the input on Bleneth's Skull. I'm still working on my vampires though and I have to figure out where to put it. : P I have no clue how you use both of yours, Ector.

9. Ector

Ector Hydra

Thanks for the clarification. I think I'd better wait for Mokad's Reeking Skull, or use Quickmind Spear, or both. The Gloomthirst just has too weak attacks for (majortoken)(minortoken); compare them to Darkblood Glaive's attacks.

Yes, it's nice, but would you pay 2500g for Sabo's Mirror?

Mindsplinter Staff costs (majortoken)(minortoken), so it's simply not available in many scenarios. Staff of Pain is really similar, but deals much less damage: if Punishing Bolt deals 8, which is minimal for it, the staff deals 7 less damage, and that's a lot. Plus, the Punishing Bolt isn't electrical, so it can hit the pesky bots with Resistant Hide. I don't have Staff of the Misantrope, and Staff of Chask has too little attacks for my taste.

I don't use them yet, since I simply lack the needed number of Vampire's Blades and Wuuna's Vampiric Shrouds. But the idea is two human vampires with Bleneth's Skulls and Bloody Command and a dwarf vampire with Raging Rock. I don't believe that Savage Curse will be very effective for the vampires, since the very advantage of vampires is the ability to play many attacks in a row, not just two strong attacks per turn, one of which can be blocked, or even both. I don't have a good plan for armor shredding for now... one of the priests may become a wizard eventually :)

10. Questor

Questor Ogre

All items are quite unique in their use but only Illusion is the one which is great and really powerful in certain leagues or even in normal MP.
    There were quite a few discussions about the Halberd and most agree that it is not worth to have only 3 attacks on a weapon which can also be destroyed by armor removal and the blue token for the helmet and robe are are a waste considering that there are even better and useful tokenless ones.

hatchhermit likes this.
  11. UiA

UiA Ogre

hylithia's robe is kinda neat but not sure I'd spend 2500 on one, just wait for one of the 6 legendary arcane shell robes to show up in a chest sometime

painful flashstaff is really good for (minortoken)(minortoken) I use one for some of my lower level farming teams and wish I had another

illusion is obviously a good staff and valued for its uniqueness

sabo's mirror looks decent but firestorm is an odd combo with it

gloomthirst seems like it would only really shine in a specialized priest draw build other than that I'd avoid those weak attacks for such a high cost

12. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Thank you all for your comments. Illusion looks cool, but what is it's value for SP? I don't see myself using it on very many maps.

13. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

So i have Cudgel Of Wrath and St. Portia's Maul but i think the choice depends on what kind of priest you are running. St. Portia's Maul is great for a melee/ vamp priest where i would say that Dark Drewg's Mace and Cudgel Of Wrath would be better suited for a support priest. Of those two, i think Dark Drewg's Mace is better. Of course, there are much better items for support priests that cost tokens, but as tokenless go they are good and can pack a punch.

14. Questor

Questor Ogre

For SP it has no real value besides the Core Treasure Hunts. But the other items you mentioned are even less useful from the SP perspective.

hatchhermit likes this.
  15. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

What are your thoughts on Axe Of The Titans for MP? Double Surging Shield Block is pretty neat, but I tend to be fairly aggressive in MP, and I would be a bit hesitant to give up two attacks for two blocks. Keep in mind that I only have about three grand, and there might be another awesome Legendary in the Daily Deal tomorrow.

16. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

It's a fine weapon with no weak cards but you shouldn't get your hopes up about chopping multiple targets if that is what draws you to the item. If you'd have more fun just hitting people then just grab a Bejeweled Shortsword and call it a day.

17. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

One nice feature of Axe of the Titans is that Surging Shield Block allows you to move towards your foes, and sometimes this means between two enemies.
    You can't depend on it 100% but Obliterating Chop does solid damage compared to Mighty Hack anyways.

18. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

Ok, well I was lucky enough to get an Illusion out of my league chest. So now the question is, is it worth my money to buy a second one in my Randimars? Ive never had one before and i just want to make sure that passing on a second isnt a mistake. Thanks as usual for any input.

19. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

You would have to ask anyone that has ever faced against my Death March build:
    http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/marching-to-death.6367/

Illusion is necessary for a high-powered control wizard build, but it has even worse weaknesses to smoke bombs and cleansing in ranked. I personally dislike control wizards, so I can't attest to their viability there.

I would say having one Illusion is enough to really get a taste of what it can do. It's the only item with such a high Illusory Barrier density, so if you think you can make use of two go for it, you will never find a comparable item.

20. UiA

UiA Ogre

having played around with Hylithia's Robes a bit in mp with a boosted burst wiz, I've come to appreciate the synergy with savage curse, letting you spend a harness for 4 extra dmg without giving up anything in your hand can be pretty useful. Won't happen all the time but when it does its nice.