Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

2. Ector

Ector Hydra

I wouldn't pay that much. Ask Randimar for a discount :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  3. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

4. Ector

Ector Hydra

I've still got the Deadly, Deadly Staff at the last moment :) And I'm happy with that, since this week is much worse :(

Superb Trickery. Pre-nerf it would be a no brainer. Does anybody play it now? Is it still good?
    Fabrian's Shield. I want it for high-level farming with my usual priest-wiz-wiz team. It's nice to draw extra cards :)

Backflip Buckler. What do you think?
    Staff Of Soot. Again, what do you think?

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Hmmm, so I guess my question is how many The Strongarms do I need? I had one, last weeks Randimar's brought me number 2, now there's a third in Randi's again this week. Do I get it?

6. Questor

Questor Ogre

Two sounds perfect, there are rarely situations where you play three warriors and more than one Strongarm per warrior is a waste.

7. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Not sure about superb trickery, but all the others seem not worth the money to me.

8. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  9. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Flaxative likes this.
  10. NobleHelium

NobleHelium Kobold

11. Accent

Accent Hydra

I use them relatively frequently on Firestorm wizards. The Shimmering Aura helps if your Res Hide hasn't shown up yet, and you don't have a Nimbus to spare. The Officer's Harness doesn't hurt, either.

I have:

Captain Cedric's Helm -- excellent, but I already have one. Not a priority.
    Fabrian's Shield -- eh
    Fulg's Cleansing Pot -- hard pass. Not sure I'd even run this in the geomancer levels
    Granwick's Shield -- interesting, but not a priority
    Hand Of Wicna -- sort of want, but I have other 2x Flash Flood items
    Nasrum's Moccasins -- want
    Spear Of The Cozqui -- want
    Staff Of Embers -- WANT
    Xander's Mail -- see Cpt. Cedric's Helm
    Xemu's Staff -- kind of all over the place. Pass.

Only epic I don't yet have is Cintxotl Mail, which I would like.

12. El Hobbito

El Hobbito Kobold

Both items are medicore in my opinion. For 2500k gold you can get Red Flame or Staff Of Milion Embers too that are better. Weapon is just meh. With boots it's hard to tell. Depends on what team you are afraid of. Flanking move is always nice to have, but shimmering aura can be real pain for wizards.
    My Randi give me thinking this week. I have 4,1k gold and 4 quite nice items.
    Wym's Fiery Bangle - perfect for a fire wizard, but i don't have tokens for it. I'd be so happy to see it week or two but i've got Miligar's Dragon Tongue from daily deal. Here is my build so if you will find any token that can be took fron anywhere give me a sign.
    Skull Of Savage Iljin - this is unique item, even if i won't be playing it now it will find place someday in some build. I'm quite sure that i'll get this one till week is over.
    Chalchu's Hammer - interesting option for a vamp priest, but not sure about spending 2,5k gold just to test it.
    Eeygonnic's Shield - this one gives me thinking too. There are not too many good and universal tokenless shields around the world...
    What do you thing?

13. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

I thought that was Vampire's Blade

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Really depends on your priest. Sacrificial Axe is the best tokenless weapon by far in an Altruism priest's hands.

15. Ector

Ector Hydra

I don't play Nimbuses there, but these boots compete for the 1st place with Bertha's Big Clogs. Healing Dash is really a lifesaver for my wizards, both for the healing and the far movement.

Do you play only one warrior?

I am really considering buying it for the same Fire wizards (plus a priest). This shield brings a lot of new cards, which is very important for the build. Right, it may seem weak compared to the other goodies you have :)

Why would you need it? There are many items with cleansing.
    I wouldn't play it. What if you never get hit for 4 damage or less? :)
    Nice, but nothing really great. Compare to Healing Hand Mace.

I don't know how much gold do you have, but if I were you, I'd decide first whether do I need the second set of Xander's Mail and Capt. Cedric's Helm for a second warrior (AFAIK the most popular parties have two warriors). If you do, these should be bought first, since they're the best tokenless items, and quite rare. Moccasins go next, as the only boots with two Enchanted Harness, then Staff of Embers.

16. Ector

Ector Hydra

I wouldn't say that Million Embers is that much better. It costs two yellow tokens for just one card upgrade. I have both, and used Staff of Embers in SP a lot, where every yellow token counts.

You do. Replace one of your Rantic's Orbs. A burning wizard should concentrate on burning, leave the armor dissolving to the other wizard. That's especially true for your build with 7 Instant Burns.

It was more than two weeks ago, alas... I would never skip it if I were online :)

IMHO the situation is clear: you can't skip the Skull and the Bangle, but you safely can skip the rest. So you have some time to farm 900 gold till the weekend :)

17. iruj

iruj Orc Soldier

I'm strongly thinking about picking up Flax's Thirsty Vial - it seems like a perfect fit for a vampire build, if I ever decide to go down that path.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Unless you play SP. Then 6 work nicely when your priest has 3 Shuddering Relics. I use Blazing Shortswords instead because I still don't have The Strongarm, and I've been hunting for one since last September.

19. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Hmmm, Sir Veza I'm slow to change and have still been doing FS pretty much everywhere in SP, where do you find melee speeds things up?

20. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

For me FS works best early. I like using 2 Priests, 1 Warrior for the mid range. Higher levels I go back and forth. I'm interested to hear what Sir Veza does.