Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Okay so now I have choices... Tough choices
    I only have enough for one legendary and there are 4 I want 2 each for 2 different builds.

For my 2 War 1 Priest Mass Frenzy build: Vibrant Painor Quick Jon's Axe(I know pre-nerf this would be easier)

For my fire wiz build (which I have been editing a lot and not having much success with) either a Red Flame or a Staff Of Embers

I am leaning toward the Red Flame for the 3 Instant Burn which works thematically with my deck, but I am not sure if I will have enough burning spells to make 4 instant burns worthwhile (the other staff is the Staff Of The Fire God). But then I still have 5 other good fire staves (Igneous Staff, Overheated Staff, Roaring Staff, Charring Staff and Staff Of Soot so as you can see I probably dont need another Fire based staff (since running 3 fire wiz is foolish).

Has anyone been using a VP to say if it is still worthwhile post-nerf?
    I like having the 2 dodge's for Quick Jon's but what I really need is one of the top 1 or 0 token weapons, so I am very undecided.
    Any thoughts would be great, obviously I have the rest of the week to consider.

2. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I think you answered your own question. If what you really need is something else then I would say don't spend the gold on those items.

3. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Well I am impatient and feel that in game resources should be used and not hoarded... probably since I was used to being disappointed week after week with Randi's. BUT I am leaning 80% to getting the Red Flame unless someone gives me a reason to go another direction.

4. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I love my Red Flame. I use it along with Searing Pain for my main Fire Wizard. Arcane Items vary based on available tokens. I would buy it again and of the ones you listed I think that is the best of the 4. I would have mentioned it in my earlier post, but I'm SP oriented and I don't know how much I can really recommend to someone to buy something based on MP.

5. Ector

Ector Hydra

OK, let's think about that in terms of what is the best in its category and what isn't. We have much more opportunities now, so we have to choose carefully.
    Vibrant Pain is clearly not the best weapon now. It's a niche weapon, and quite unique one (no other weapon can offer 6 flying step attacks), but I believe it should be used only on the special maps where you need to cross some water or chasms - or backstab an enemy in a narrow passage.
    Quick Jon's Axe is a great weapon that became only better after the rebalance, since Dodge got stronger now as people play less encumbrance. I can easily see it as a regular primary weapon of your warrior.
    Red Flame has just 3 Instant Burns, which isn't enough. I use White Flame + Staff Of A Million Embers, but two Red Flames is absolutely the same! I'd say they're even better, since they provide you more flexibility, while Staff of Million Embers is really good only with White Flame.
    Staff Of Embers isn't the best for the Instant Burn theme, alas. It's a great staff for its tokens, but a dedicated fire wizard has plenty of yellow tokens to spare, and Staff of a Million Embers is better.

I don't know which fire-based arcane items do you have, and which warrior weapons do you have, but your actual choice is between Quick Jon's Axe and Red Flame. Personally I would farm like a mad or spend some money to get both.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

7. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I'm almost relieved my randimar's doesn't have anything good in it this week... having all these legends in the shops has been very taxing on my gold reserves :confused:

8. Ector

Ector Hydra

9. Ector

Ector Hydra

My assortment has something very good, but no real treasures alas... I'll call it a Week of Tokenless Weapons.

Boxton's Red Pendant - not the Miligar's Dragon Tongue alas.
    Deadly, Deadly Staff. The most powerful electro staff in the game, though I prefer Oxha's Sparkspreader.
    Hawkwind's Moccasins. Looks like a good way to escape for a wizard, but I prefer the boots with Flank Move.
    Jornin's Figurine. Crap. Too weak cards for a token.
    Oquith's Choking Incense. I really cannot appraise it, since I don't know how good is Cause Fumble now. Can you?
    Ring Of Bifurcated Healing. Crap.
    Ring Of Majestic Healing. This one is much better, but for a yellow token?
    St. Portia's Maul. Is it good or bad? There are 6 more-or-less decent attacks on a tokenless weapon which I guess is good... On the other hand, my priests usually support the other characters, not concentrate on the fighting themselves.
    Taltec's Staff. Too unfocused to my taste.
    The Strongarm. Arguably the best tokenless weapon for a warrior. I have one, but really think about buying the second one. The warriors need every token they can save.

Notable epics are:
    Lightfoot Robes. Nice to have more Flank Moves, but not for a token, alas. What do you think?
    Ravenna's Incense. I guess all three cards trigger Talented Healer now, but it still looks very unfocused.
    Staff Of Blazing Sparks. I have one, but it looks quite powerful. Cannot decide where to use the second one, though.
    White Katana. I have one again. It's one of the best techy weapons nowadays: both movement and sundering. Not sure I will need the second one, but it's tempting.

Please tell me if your opinion differs on some item!

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

St. Portia's Maul is, IMO, the best tokenless divine weapon in the game. The vampiric attack damage got nerfed from 4 to 3, but the range increase is working pretty nicely. In SP it's good for a tank with 2 wiz or a frenzy priest who also fights. It's a good tokenless in MP when you don't need a more 'specialized' weapon, and can work in vamp builds.
    Ring Of Majestic Healing is good for a support priest if you can spare the token, but Hrillia's may be better if your priest tends to get out and take damage.

11. Accent

Accent Hydra

I'm a huge fan of St. Portia's Maul, as well. Using it allows you to either build a tank priest, or to free up tokens to use elsewhere, and not to worry too much about damage if your second weapon is something geared more towards helping your allies.

Quite a bit I'd like this week:

Bern's Untouchable Mail -- I already have two, so a third would just be overkill. It could be interesting to run a 3x warrior team with no attachments, though.
    Bolg's Big Iron Plate -- with 2x Surging Shield Block, I do want this quite a bit. Could pair with some other mobile weapons I have.
    Captain Cedric's Boots -- I'd like these, too.
    Ekkerg's Amulet -- I already have two, don't need a third.
    Granwick's Shield -- I'd like one, but I'll wait for this in a loot drop. Unless I somehow get 25,000 gold this week.
    Heartripper -- this would be my second. I could do some very interesting wizard builds with more than one of these.
    Mail Of St. Oxivia -- interesting, better than Jet Armor, but I'll hold off. I'd buy this before the shield, though
    Sander's Force Mirror -- with the Force Cone buff, I'd consider this
    Trained Tactics -- hard pass
    Wenham's Leather Coif -- anything with Sprint, Team! is worth considering, but even with the Barge buff, there are tokened helmets I'd rather use.

At this point, I'd rank my preferences as Plate, Heartripper, Boots, although that could change.

EDIT: pre-range nerf on Punishing Bolt, I think I take the second Heartripper easily.

12. Ector

Ector Hydra

Wow, I guess I've got lucky without understanding it :) Two people recommended the Maul on the first hours! I still think it's worse than Vampire's Blade for the vampire priest, and nearly useless for a supporting priest, but I'm going to buy it just for the low-level SP scenarios. Maybe I will understand its importance later.

3rd is surely too much. Two is the right number :)
    I have it, but it became really good after the rebalance, so I didn't test it yet. I'd say go for it. Other nimble weapons will usually cost you more than (minortoken)(minortoken). Plus, it looks really nice!
    Wow, the only Tier 1 boots I don't have yet! I am jealous. My preccccioussss...
    It looks nice, but it isn't obviously better than Twisting Shield. 2500 gold is a lot.
    I've bought it last week. If you're building a wiz-wiz-priest team based on Savage Curse like me, you won't find the better armor. My priest has 6 Savage Curses now :cool:
    I'm trying to avoid helmets with Spring, Team! since I want my support chars to move my warriors, not vice versa :)

13. UiA

UiA Ogre

What's to understand ? It has the highest avg dmg atks of all no-token divine weapons, 3 of those very good ranged vampire spears, its even better than many 2x blue token divine weapons, and the best part it costs zero token. It's not ideal in every build but then what weapon is? Surely its much harder to try to find fault with it then just accept its awesomeness. What you are paying for is build flexibility not some purely low lvl SP weapon, for really low lvl SP I'd say cudgel of wrath is just as effective if not more.

14. Ector

Ector Hydra

No need to be so angry, really :) I just see no builds for the Maul yet, but I guess I will find them pretty soon.

15. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

Not like you need any extra coaxing, but St. Portia's Maul is freakin sweet. I use it all the time, even on my vamp priests because once i get to the end of cantrip drains, i blow them away with an 8 base dmg bash that sends it over the top. Cant go wrong.

Anyways, got a fire mage extravaganza going on this week and i need some advice as this should put the finishing touches on my fire wiz.

White Flame : Currently using Red Flame with Overheated Staff. I know its obviously the best instant burn staff so i should buy it for my fire wiz but whats the right weapon to combo with it? I dont have Staff Of A Million Embers but i do have Barnum's Staff, Sabo's Flamespit Staff, Red Flame and Staff Of Embers.

Avakiria's Cup : Another amazing fire wiz item, but this one is tougher as i have many alternative options and im trying to figure out if its worth it. I have 3x Rantic's Orb Of Inner Fire, Miligar's Dragon Tongue, and Barnum's Burning Bauble. I feel like it would replace Barnum's Burning Bauble nicely, but in multiplayer builds with only 8 tokens to work with, one of my arcane items should be tokenless to make way for 2 staves, focused pyromancy and 3 tokens for arcane items. Anyways, any advice from experienced fire wizards are appreciated.

16. Ector

Ector Hydra

I'm already buying it, thanks :)

White Flame + Staff of a Million Embers is the same as two Red Flames, and it's the best combo for a burning wizard. You can use Staff of Embers while you don't have Million Embers, the difference is just one card.

I prefer to spend a token on the racial skill, since the tokenless skills are too lame. This allows your wizard to enjoy the Perfect Toughness, but forces you to find two good tokenless fire items. As for the Avakiria's Cup, it's better than everything you have besides Miligar's Dragon Tongue. Firestorm isn't very good now, and while Rantic's Orb has no useless cards, I still prefer to move all non-burning cards to the other characters.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  17. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

18. Ector

Ector Hydra

19. boro

boro Goblin Champion

I'd also buy focused crushing and the water talisman, then maybe the hackmaster.

20. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Thanks, Ector and boro. I'll be getting Focused Crushing! I wish I could afford more.