Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

all of these are great (wow Mindshrinker, just wow), Basher's Delight is the only reason why I bothered with a basher build - actually, by that I mean Lunging Bash. If you want more of Lunging Bash and are low on power tokens (Basher's Delight and Hammer Of Bashing take up a lot of power tokens) you could sacrifice a bit in the name of deck synergy look into Spiked Buckler and Spiked Boots. I've supplemented that combo with some low-token-cost spear-attack weapon (Silver Rapier I think it was) on the third weapon slot which ended up being much better since you very often end up with attacks you can't use as a basher because of the slide effect. Quite low damage output but I've managed to get my epic chest with that set up and a generic war/priest/wiz combo with good win ratio. A real monster when it comes of bashing people out of victory squares and moving into them.

not sure about inspired command or the healing ring but all the rest I would buy without thinking, they're just awesome by my standards

To Sum Yu and Bandreus like this.
  2. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

all of those are good items. the point is if you need any for your builds.

Slippery Shield, although costly on the token side, it's a very nice item. I would buy it.

Mouse Boots is a great item, also because it's token free. I have one and I have no issue slapping it on all sort of builds.

Inspired Command human skills come in many different flavors. A lot of those are very good and only cost a minor (blue) power token. Buy it only if you are going to build a deck around it.

Lightfoot Robes the wiki is listing a Hardy Mail instead. Please let us know if the wiki is wrong so we can fix it. Anyways, you get lots of flavors of Resistant Hide + assorted cards in the slot. Maybe if you're very serious about building a very mobile, cantrip-ing wiz? It would go nicely along the Mouse Boots. Ninja wiz, that might be fun.

Nimbus Blade you can get more Impenetrable Nimbuses for a lower tokens cost via divine items. That being said, this is a good divine weapon, as it comes with nice attack cards on top of the nimbuses. It is costly on the tokens side though. I would say it's worth its cost, but only if it happens to be the perfect weapon for your build.

Greyworm Mace both Nimble Strike and Mind Worm are great cards. Touch Of Death is situational, but deadly if cast at the right time. Very useful if you want a very mobile, debuffing priest deck.

Hrillia's Healing Ring Boosted Heal is a great card. Team Heal is also nice, although not my favorite flavor of healing spells.

To Sum Yu likes this.
  3. To Sum Yu

To Sum Yu Kobold

The wiki is correct, it is indeed hardy mail. what I mean is that I am thinking about which card I need more, Resistant Hide or Flanking Move. Sorry for my poor English.

Thanks gentlecow, piotras, bandreus for your advice!!

4. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

I ended up getting both for both my wizard and a stabber priest, work great. I actually prefer the Red Jon's Boots over Mouse Boots. Cautious Sneak did me more bad than good, especially when warriors/priests are concerned.

Did manage to get the Bleneth's Frenzy Charm but still, the more Mass Frenzy the better! :) Out of Greasy Tome and Shuddering Relic I prefer the latter, since Tome comes with Demonic Revenge which is a guaranteed 2 damage + 2 for any unholy card you have. With Vulnerable (on Shuddering Relic) you would have to be attacked at least twice on that round to equal it and you don't revel any cards which can be worse then the actual damage.

5. Shuddering relic is one of my main items on my cleric build for the 8-10lvl 1 hp quests. I currently have 5 and want a 6th :) .

6. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

7. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I guess it depends on what your deck is going for, but in a general sense playing in SP, I'd be more likely to equip St. Bethan's Charm. I like the different healing options over the card draw.

8. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Unless you're rolling an altruism build or need the heals, Roiled Air.

9. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

Just actually got both of those items this week, yay! Going to use both, but if I'm doing some low level quest and I only got one blue orb, St. Bethan's Charm is what I'm going to equip.

10. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

All right, thanks for the input. I'm still a little torn, I'm not fully sold on the utility of Team Heal, but I'll get one or the other before the end of this week.

11. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Heal the weak always holds me back because of my elf wizard. I'd be more inclined to use that epic if I was running 3 dwarves, going wizardless, or something.

12. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Both are equally good, depending on what you want your priest deck to do - heal or burn through cards to get the juicy ones.

St. Bethan's Charm is great for a healer priest - Team Heal is not that bad. It is a bit situational but has total healing potential of 9, which with the right cards (Healing Spirit, Talented Healer) can go up to 14. Help The Weak is a decent heal but its strength lies in the fact that it's non-targetable (i.e. goes through walls at any range). The problem is that it heals the lowest HP character, i.e. it would try to heal a max health elf wizard (17?) rather than your 26/33 hp dwarven warrior. So in a sense, it's also situational, but is definitely useful in late-match.

When it comes to Incense Of Roiled Air, use it if you go for Altruism on your Divine Skill slot over Healing Spirit, Talented Healer.

13. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

14. Avarice

Avarice Goblin Champion

Lochaber Axe this week. I'm assuming that's a no-brainer? (Due to the lack of a gold token requirement.)

What are the best step weapons to look out for?

15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Lochabre Axe surely is among them :)

16. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I haven't bought any of the ones I posted yet. I figure I have until Saturday to potentially get them as drops. Lo and behold, the Tough Leather Cap did! Now I have to consider if I want two...

17. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

All in all, that would be 100g only. Might be nice for a 2warriors team, although you could want to equip one of the 2 with some other helm anyways. Up to you I guess.

18. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

That's actually an interesting question. I don't remember seeing any good step weapons (maybe besides Basher's Delight, which is more a basher/step hybrid). Thus, haven't experimented much in MP with step attacks. In campaign I quite liked a set of Rageblood Daggers, but that's it really.

19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

those are very nice weapons. especially the latter.

Talking of step weapons, Vibrant Pain would be the king. Puncturing Dagger and Simple Dagger, although you can find better stuff, offer a decent amount of mobility, are quite common and somewhat cheap on the tokens side.

Quite a few weapons offer a good mix of step attacks and more powerful attacks. A decent compromise, if you ask me.

20. Andrew Talbot

Andrew Talbot Mushroom Warrior