Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

Do you really need Barges for that? Powerful Bashes won't do?

Hm. There are tokenless items at the same power level, i.e. Hand Of Melvelous and Badjeera's Black Relic.
    You call two melee attacks for a mage "a little unfocused"? This is going to be great in SP though, especially in farming low-level scenarios, where every token counts.

Ohh, it's a really powerful staff, especially for SP. Well worth 500 gold.

It's good even for MP, I'm using it now. Very powerful attacks, especially for a priest, and Purge. With all these freezing cards, fire cards, Impenetrable Nimbus and so on, Purge is often a "universal solution". But I should remind you that you can get this axe if you buy a priest party :)

2. I'm not really serious about this, but I can't help wondering how the heck they valued Barge as a silver card. I have a problem where I want to mess around with janky decks like this. I don't actually believe it is breakable. However, bashes do not work since they don't push anyone away when there is something blocking the bashed character. Barge lets you choose direction and route. Don't worry, I will not spend my hard-farmed gold on this item. I just marvel at an item with 4xBarge. Why would they make that? Why!?!

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

To see if anyone would fall for it? :confused:

4. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

5. Eton

Eton Mushroom Warrior

6. PenPenguin

PenPenguin Kobold

Nothing "great" but many many decent things this week. Help me decide!

Bolg's Big Iron Plate
    Forrtescue's Feathered Cap - Probably buying this
    Bertha's Big Clogs
    Nimbus Blade
    Staff Of Burning Ice
    Auric Charm
    Befuddling Stone
    Mantle Of Instinct
    Sky Locket
    Rageblood Dagger Have 2 already, so probably going to pass...
    Perfect Command
    Staff Of Winter - I have 2 Staff of Winter already, a Frosty Staff, Staff of the Arctic, a Chillwood Staff, and a Staff of Blazing Sparks - think the game is telling me to go to the dark side and go 3DC
    Sub-Zero Staff

7. Random Arse Rarities is a little disappointing this week, but I think I am going to shell out for Perilous Agility just because I often run elves in SP mode with no ability 'cause there are no tokenless ones without a brutal drawback.

Also will probably pick up Epics, Advanced Command and Argo's Boots, both second copies for me, but I think they are solid.

Then there's this one: Flashing Longspear Seems decent?

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I got Fingerbone Of St. Ob, Nifty Halberd, my 2nd Corian's Boots, and my 5th Vampire's Blade. The Halberd is a no-brainer, but I'm not so sure about the rest. I might buy the Corian's Boots, would be nice to have two pairs since they are so unique. But as for the Ob? It would be a nice tokenless item with Talented Healer.

I would grab Bertha's Big Clogs and the Nimbus Blade if you don't have one already. Flashing Longspear is neat but it's not a huge step up from Militiaman's Pike. It has it's uses but lacks movement. Double-Edged Sword is much more versatile.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

My 7th Vampire's Blade is in the shop... don't think I'll buy it :p

10. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Well thanks Flax, that is very helpful and logical information :p

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

12. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

13. Crazy Sal's Halberd

The 3 traits are solid and make up for the weapon only having 3 attacks since they draw you into more attacks. The polearm attack is great, but the real question is are you going to use this weapon over other good priest weapons? I would buy it, but I am crazy.

14. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

1: Statistically speaking, using Crazy Sal's Halberd and other trait weapons like it, you are actually reducing your odds of drawing weapon attack cards for each non-attack on it, trait or not. People generally use traits on other items to increase the odds of drawing attacks. Anyways, going from 18/36 to 15/33 is actually a % loss. It can be worth it though.... weapons with Blind Rage can actually increase your character's damage output.
    2: This is not a priest weapon, it's a warrior weapon. If you want Polearm Slash then this is the best way to get it. It can make for a pretty loony melee/armor build if you have some draw support. I mean, how much fun do you want for 2500? It's just so unique that it might be worth getting.

Also, I would grab Juniper's Jumper if I could afford it. It's certainly better than some other items for the (minortoken) token.

15. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Yeah out of the three, Juniper's is the one I liked the best, I just can't imagine wanting 3 less attacks on a warrior even with Blind Rage. I just don't know that it's worth the legendary price tag - I'm not one of those who has tons of gold to spare.

16. Questor

Questor Ogre

Do not buy it, there is rarely a situation where you can waste a silver token for a heavy armor.
    And especially when it´s not really that great and you don´t have gold to spare.

17. Ector

Ector Hydra

Actually, the Crazy Sal's Halberd will reduce the number of your attacks just slightly (remember, you have 3 weapons for a warrior, don't you?), but most of these attacks will be empowered by Blind Rage. Polearm Slash is a great card, combining good ranged attack with decent armor. I would buy it. Juniper's Jumper will do almost nothing for the token unless you're going to bring a LOT of armor cards (like the mentioned Polearm Slashes). I'd skip it unless you hope of getting two more Crazy Sal's Halberds :)

18. Ector

Ector Hydra

Well, Randimar was lazy this week and didn't bring any legendaries for me at all :( There are many epics though, and some of them are good.

Apprentice Insight - crap. Strangely enough, there are no Elvish Insight here... why it's called "Insight" then?
    Basher's Delight - nice, but is it worth 2 yellow tokens? Yes, this can be a doom for an opponent with short-ranged attacks only, but everybody plays Nimble Strikes nowadays...
    Healing Hand Mace - the same question. I like the idea of three Team Heals on a weapon (a priest in a Firestorm team should have a LOT of them), but two yellow tokens? On the other hand, any Firestorm team would enjoy bashing a wounded enemy warrior with a Mighty Bludgeon, and discarding their armor with a Shredding Strike would also be nice :)
    Penteth's Orb - nice item with Firestorm. I need a lot of them, so I'm going to buy it.
    Rapier Of Misfortune - the biggest mystery. Is it good or bad? Three great attacks, especially for a priest, for just ONE blue token. Three bad attacks that generally do nothing, but, unlike most weak attacks, can be played easily from a distance.
    Rhood's Boots - no questions here, any boots with Team Run should be grabbed.
    Staff Of Immolation - three great attacks, three short-ranged ones. I feel that Furnace Staff is better, but I may be wrong.

19. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Apprentice Insight has the "Insight" symbol. It's a pretty crappy Epic compared to the rare item Superb Insight, which actually has Elvish Insight.

Healing Hand Mace is good. It's considerably better than Glinting Eye Hammer, mainly it would be used as a multi-purpose or Firestorm support. From what I have heard those Mighty Bludgeons from the priest are perfect for finishing off warriors who have raced across the map to try and stop your Firestorming. Team Heal is never bad either.

Rapier Of Misfortune is pretty neat. Consider that for one token, you get three Great attacks, and for saving one token, you get three Bad Luck, which is certainly more useful than Wavering Faith or Minor Heal, etc. It could work well with Mass Frenzy.

Staff Of Immolation is pretty sweet for mid-level adventuring, you have to realize that although Fire Bolt has longer range(which you will rarely be able to make use of!), Ember Burst can hit targets you can't see, and often 2-3 or more targets at once.

20. Ector

Ector Hydra