Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

+1

2. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

Some items worth considering this week, especially since I have 4k gold currently. I might save it for the Christmas items though.

Legendaries:
    Bolg's Club Of Evasion
    Quornic's Battleaxe
    Staff Of A Million Embers

Notable Epics:
    Blazing Shortsword
    Booming Ring
    Robe Of Useful Things
    Solid Iron Helmet
    Spiked Platemail
    Staff Of The Inferno
    Whiteglow Flail

Notable Rares:
    Crafted Monkey Boots
    Dashing Boots
    Flametouched Spear
    Greasy Tome
    Heavy Dashing Boots
    Infused Greatclub
    Rod Of Winds
    Savvy Attacker
    Spellthwart Shield
    Superb Evasion
    Superb Insight
    Trained Stoutness

A good week at Randimar's, I'd say. Not entirely convinced by the legendaries though - Ember Bursts? A weapon with 35 damage only? The club with 3 dodges seems to be the best among them. Any thoughts?

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The staff was really great back when it was the Staff of a Million Fireballs (and back then Fireball had a range of 10), now it's just good fire damage. Blazing Shortsword and Staff Of The Inferno are amazing for low level SP, but not too useful in MP. There are better boots than Heavy Dashing Boots, but they'll cost you more.

4. kogi

kogi Ogre

Dunno. I think the blazing shortsword and savy attacker are good pickups for mp

Bearson Onyx likes this.
  5. Questor

Questor Ogre

6. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

Thanks for the feedback.

- I have 1 Blazing Shortsword already, and yes it is great for low level SP indeed. I might buy the second one.

- I have 2 Staff Of The Inferno already which is enough for one Firestorm Mage, so I'll probably pass on that one.

- I have 1 pair of Heavy Dashing Boots already, but I really like them for 1 minor token so I might buy a second one. They're good both for Mages and Dwarves.

- For some odd reason, I have 5 or 6 Savvy Attacker already, they kept dropping in the last 2 weeks. It's a great card indeed.

- I'm really tempted to buy the Whiteglow Flail since it would be my first item with Nimble Strike. Barge is underwhelming though.

- I have 2 Infused Greatclub already, but having 3-4 wouldn't hurt. Great item for MP coupled with All Out Attack IMHO. Nothing like killing a dwarf in one hit. :D

Any thoughts about Bolg's Club Of Evasion? It looks like a great item for 1 HP quests - unless you use mages anyway. It might help in MP against mages as well, but maybe it's simply not powerful enough.

7. Finite

Finite Kobold

I think Blazing Shortsword is very good for MP too, only bad against arrogant armor really.

Using Whiteglow Flail currently, barge is not too bad with frenzy on (4 damage) and can be used to reposition your own units (hopefully without frenzy ;)). Haven't really felt it for any other priest weapons so far, they all have even worse cards on them.

I have two of those evasion clubs, sometimes useful in SP on when fighting against melee skeletons and have plenty of blue tokens to spare. Not as good in MP where usually just more damage is better, maybe on a reach fighter? Might not spend gold on one, though.

8. Tardis

Tardis Kobold

9. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

11. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

Shuddering Relic is definitely worth your money. I would also go for Sticky Slippers. Mine have served me well in times of WW.

12. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

13. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It's in the mail.

Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.
  15. kogi

kogi Ogre

Secret santa present from the devs, Didn't you get one? :p

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. Reint

Reint Ogre

I'd like some opinions on some of the new items (since Randimar so graciously decided to get off of his backside and restock his shelves, :p):

Bimson's Glowstone Robes
    Chartwell's Amulet
    Juniper's Boots
    Raging Battler (this seems like a no-brainer but the only dwarves I run are wizards, will probably still get it)
    Inkdark Halberd

Also, who thought the Enormous Axe was a good idea, other than a once-in-a-hundred-thousand situation? Lol, and I bet somebody out there is using it to great effect though I have no idea how. I've never seen it before, and I bet it drops at least twice for me in the next week. :cool:

17. bluesage

bluesage Mushroom Warrior

ack, suddenly I have a lot of stuff worth buying and not enough gold to buy it all, and it's a short week for Randimar!

Legendaries:
    Forval's Chain recently looted one of these so it would be my second, but very nice card
    Vinorkin's Cuirass not quite as good as Bern's Untouchable but I have no usable Arrogant Armor item for warrior currently so this would be really nice.

Epics:
    Argo's Boots
    Healing Hand Mace
    Magma Scepter

Rares:
    Befuddling Stone have one already, would be #2
    Fireblinker Initiate
    Focused Healer
    Focused Pyromancy
    Magic Monkey Boots
    Trembling Staff have 2 already, so this would be #3

I only have 1700 gold currently so have some decisions to make (including whether it's time to go farming)...

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I don't play MP, so this is from a campaign player's perspective.

Bimson's Glowstone Robes - It depends upon how much you like Shimmering Aura. I personally prefer Rockshard Robes with Resistant Hide.
    Chartwell's Amulet - I like mine, but I rarely use it. How would it fit into your builds?
    Juniper's Boots - Flanking Move is great. I wouldn't use these all the time, but I'd buy them if I had the chance.
    Raging Battler - I'd probably buy it too, but it isn't near the top of my wish list.
    Inkdark Halberd - Hmm. I have one, but I've never used it.
    *** [Looks for "Insanely Jealous" Emoticon] ***
    Wow. I have tons of gold and nothing worth spending it on.
    Again.​
    Which is why I have tons of gold.
    *** [/Looks for "Insanely Jealous" Emoticon] ***

Vinorkin's Cuirass - I'd actually prefer this to Bern's Untouchable because of the token cost.
    Whether or not...? I hope you're having to refuel the tractor by now. :)

19. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

Raging Battler is very good, probably the best tokenless dwarf warrior / priest skill. But dwarves have awesome racial skills in general and for MP there are many blue or yellow token alternatives.

Flanking Move Boots - there are others, you can sit this out.

I've used the Inkdark Halberd in my triple elf cleric team, but it's not a must-have.

Chartwell's Amulet is cool but a Simin's Glowing Mirror can work as a cheaper alternative.

The Cuirass is great if you need Arrogant Armor.

Randimar's blessed me with Rockshard Robes and a Staff of Winter (my first!) this week. Last week I got a Sub-Zero Staff. I think the game wants me to go Frost Wizard?

20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

All Randimar has for me this (half) week is Staff Of The Inferno, and I already have one. So I'm going to continue saving my gold for Christmas items.