Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

2. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Seeing as you don't have that much money, I wouldn't blow the gold on the second Heartripper. The rest of the legendaries don't stand out to me either. None of the epics and rares are must buys as well.

As for me, Randi brought my second Strongarm this week which I bought and a second Softener which I'm considering.

3. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

Thanks for the feedback, I guess I'll wait for a good Daily Deal then :/

4. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

Is a second strongarm good if I only have 2286 gold?

Christofff likes this.
  5. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

a second strongarm can help you farm single player with warrior very easily expecially in coop ;) maybe in multiplayer there are more important thing of course :D
    About the second Heartripper i can tell you that the deadly deadly staff is very good in one of the map where heartripper is strong! attack of the war monkey. Maybe in other map like the citadel full of mutant or VS spark immune monster heartripper is better but it still cost you 4 major token to equip 2.Chask is cheaper as backup weapon :)

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  6. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

True Silver is the only one I'd consider buying (Packleader and Xipil are good too, but rares are easy to get in chests).

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  8. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

Yeah I've got 2 of the Packleader/Xipil items. There aren't anything else that are good for Campaign dungeons?

9. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I totally agree with Kalin; when it comes to your selection of legendaries and epics, True Silver is the only one I'd spend any money on.

10. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

From what I understand @TheIvyX wants items for SP:
    If so I highly do not recommend True Silver as for the time being there is not a single enemy with Nightling in SP, and otherwise it is just a 6 damage silver quality card which is not great.
    Otherwise if you are also looking at MP then it is a pretty good buy.

11. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

@TheIvyX: I run Red Jon's Staff on my lvl 2 - 6 campaign farming team, but it's not a necessity, if you're short on gold.

Other than that, True Silver is the only item I'd even consider getting.

12. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Except we know that there are CM expansions coming at some point, and it seems unlikely that those levels won't have Nightling. It also is a pretty decent damage staff for maps where the mobs have adaptable, giving one yet another damage type to get around their adaptability. I throw my vote in for True Silver.

While Red Jon's is good for low level farming, I prefer Staff Of The Inferno, (paired with Apprentice Resilience and some good armor boots) and while you don't currently have it available, it's only an epic so it'll cost less when it shows up.

13. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

Magma_Scepter is usually better for farming campaign than xipil ring :D
    Golden Wings is of course not per campaign... only for this month league so if you are not going to try your luck here i would not recommend it.
    About True silver you should consider it like an arcane damage since no monster has immunity to it in the campaign. and it is better itemizzed than the arcane damage one since only other arcane damage strong staff is Blue Destruction:)

14. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

in my RR :
    Golden Wings
    Sander's Force Mirror
    Dangerous Club

There are any build that uses 2x or 3x Golden Wing?
    There are Triple warrior build that use 2 club on each warrior? maybe 4 o 6 club can be used? :D
    Sander force mirror is good in tomb of saving.. other use other than that? when mullik staff is not good for force cone and you need it?

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I use the club fairly frequently, but I don't think I've ever used more than one in a party. The other two aren't very useful (I use Blinking Boots and Mullik instead).

This week Randi is tempting me with a second Boxton's Razorstaff. I actually have a use for two, but my bank account is low so I'll probably pass.

16. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I believe it's the only way to get silver damage from a three card item, but its probably not worth 2500 gold.

Sir Veza and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  18. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Could be decent in a fire wizard if you need a tokenless item, compared to Berian's Locket you get one good burning spell and one Stone Spikes as well but also get a hand reveal instead of a second Stone Spikes.

19. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

I have 4 i see strong but not sure where i should play them probably in a control staff wizard.

20. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Wings are good for Wicked Waterways, not much else. I have run 2 sets of Wings for WW though.
    Sander's is the best at what it does, it's just not something you need real frequently. In addition to Tomb, I could see it useful for 1hp quests, and Death March.
    Dangerous Club just isn't worth it if you can get The Strongarm.

With Smoke On The Water it's no longer the best staff for Flash Flood, but it's still a really good SP item. It's still my go-to against the White Dragon. PoKs is great against Blackhammer, and works as a beautiful block check against the dragon because if you're using FF strategy you're not moving, so when the armor sends the knives back on you you don't care.

Good, but not great. Would only grab if you could see a way you'd want max Inquisition Bolt in a build.