Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

I got that orb in my randimar's too. It looks like the sort of thing that would feel almost OP in a firestorm deck using Runestones, since you're not just dragging enemies into the lava, but through a path of knives on their way there. A lot of firestorm items have really random stuff attached to them, but those look like great synergy to me. I've also got that armor, and True Mail, and I'm still waiting for someone to finally convince me which one of those is slightly better overall.
    I agree that the wand looks useful. The locket slightly less. building walls and linear burns seem kind of self defeating, don't you think? Take burns+ice or Ice+walls and it seems like a nice theme, but burns+walls? Is that really a thing?

2. kogi

kogi Ogre

3. SystemIsDown

SystemIsDown Mushroom Warrior

4. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

I like this one, I would pick it up if you have spare cash. No major requirements and generally nice for priests, esp. if you have a draining subtheme going on.
    I picked up the wand to build up my stash of encumber. The orb, I'm holding off till Friday. If I grind excess cash, I will pick it up too. It's really nice, but I might not use it much in this meta.

5. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

I'm probably only going to have the gold for one epic, maybe two this week. Trying to decide between:

Helm Of Reinforcement
    Savage Plates
    Raging Rock

Also have a Blazing Shortsword, but I've already got one of those, and a St. Alipp's Hammer, but there's no way I'm going to get enough gold for a legendary. I'm leaning towards the helm right now, but if you've got a better idea then by all means let me know.

6. spacedust

My insta-pick would be the Blazing Shortsword. I have one and I want another, and possibly a third. Failing that I would go for Savage Plates first, and Raging Rock second.

7. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Yep. If there's one thing that's helped me get loot, it's focusing on my SP farming gear first. My warrior runs with The Strongarm and two Blazing Shortswords and we quickly make mincemeat of the lower level dungeons on a daily basis. It was a great investment on the future. If you're worried about not being able to afford good stuff regularly, then setting your party up to easily snowball it's speed through everything will save you grief.

This is, of course, coming from someone who enjoys RNG farming, so if that's not where you get your kicks and farming is too repetative, then by all means don't set yourself up to burn out. :) Just grab the cool stuff.

spacedust likes this.
  8. Best item this week is Bullseye Shield. Needless to say, it's not a good week for Randy's!

9. TheSench

TheSench Kobold

10. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Mushroom Warrior

I had so much good stuff in my Randomar's last week, which I wanted to buy Sunday, thinking that it resets sunday night. But it resetted on Saturday night instead and now it's all gone... :(

Of course there is only crap in there now.

11. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

On the bright side, you'll have the gold for when you have good stuff again.

12. hwango

hwango Hydra

What do people think of Healing Hand Mace? I've been tinkering with builds that afford(majortoken)(majortoken) to a priest's weapon, but I already have Glinting Eye Hammer, Godtouched Spear, and Nimbus Blade to choose from. If I want my priest to have a lot of killing power it seems like just going for the Glinting Eye Hammer might be the right call...I just hate Raging Strike so much. Healing Hand Mace would still give me 2 14-damage attacks, and let me avoid the accursed Raging Strike, but...I don't know. 500 gold is a lot of money for me.

13. Bearson Onyx

Bearson Onyx Goblin Champion

I personally love it, Raging Strike can really suck and on the other hand I feel like Shredding Strike is very underrated and is really a great card - gets rid of that pesky reliable mail and deals the damage in addition.
    I'd buy it but you do have a nice selection of weapons already, I feel it comes down to how many priests you run - if it's two or more I'd say it's worth it.

14. hwango

hwango Hydra

Thanks for your thoughts!

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

16. progammer

progammer Ogre

Yay, Whiteglow Flail make its first appearance.

Other than that, nothing interesting as usual

17. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

18. spacedust

I would get the Tough Leather Cap. I like it very much, and gotten good use out of it in MP.

19. The only legendary this week is Crazy Sal's Halberd. I assume him being crazy is what led him to tag a common item as legendary.

20. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

Azgul's Orb this week - I wish I had it so I could use it to farm the gold for it, heh. There's also a Storm Circlet. Given I only have 1 tokenless Firestorm item so far, I'd really love to buy both but I'd pretty much need to find a few epic or one legendary treasure to get enough gold.

ETA: Bought the Storm Circlet and went to farm lowbie maps with it ... and of course, another Storm Circlet dropped. Fine with me since there's always room for more tokenless Firestorms. Didn't make much progress towards buying Azgul's though. :(