Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. I've tried out laser whip builds extensively with double Darkforce Nunchakus and Zoltan. It's actually surprisingly effective and quite fun. People usually don't see the whip coming due to its reputation, so it's actually not too hard to land (especially from a priest). If you have the spare cash I recommend picking up a Zoltan at least, though you'll want 2 or a lunginator for a focused lunging bash build.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

If you want to run burft, buy Darkblood Glaive.

3. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

RE: Staff Of The Arctic
    True, but I think Staff of the Arctic is the only option, if you want to run lots of Cone Of Colds and Smoke Bombs on the same wizard.

Save your money.

Grats on the MF items! :) If you somehow get enough gold for third legendary Dark Drewg's Mace would be my pick, but you might be better off saving for more essential items.

I usually run Eixocl's Hammer as a replacement for Rageblood Dagger, but Bolg's Big Iron Plate is quite good. I agree with LoPiccolo's Lash, Pushback Parry instead of Subtle would probably make it instabuy for me. Now I'm going to suggest passing it.

IMHO, one Mokad's Reeking Skull is enough. I'd buy second Phantom Pain, I think this is your strongest / most useful pick out of those items. Unless you want to gamble in Chess Madness, I'd leave Reaper's Scythe on the shelf.

Item has to have at least 2/3 of the following qualities, before I even consider buying it. Strong, fun and unique. The Irradiator has at least the last two qualities, so you might consider it, if you have the gold. As others have already pointed out Twizel's Water Talisman is only for those who want to draw Flash Flood more reliably. One more in your deck might not seem much, but at item level jump from 66 % to 100 % is quite considerable.

Boxton's Razorstaff (1): Only for collectors, IMHO
    Darkblood Glaive (2): Strong support weapon, but I can't think of any scenario where you would want to run more than two.
    Darkforce Nunchaku (2): I just passed buying 2nd last week, but would probably buy two or even three if I'd have the gold. Quite good to boost vampire priest's damage output.
    Glasod's Dark Skull (1): Only for collectors, IMHO
    Superb Trickery (1): Only item with 2x Elven Trickery, but doesn't seem that strong overall.
    Zoltan's Laser Scourge (1-2): Seems fun, might be more than just a collectors item.

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Glasod's Dark Skull has been quite a good item, though I farmed mine instead of buying it. Vamps, like firestormers, traditionally had tokens to spare, so a (minortoken) was no big deal. However, some of the new EttSC vamp gear is very good, and costs enough tokens to change this.
    I don't recommend spending 2500 for it, but it's far from being a crappy item.

5. Fry

Fry Ogre

Zoltan's seems like a fun card, and it screams "build around me."
    I was wondering what the Priest equivalent of The Strongarm was, and I think Dark Drewg's Mace might be it? Four 8 damage attacks and two great buffs, zero tokens required, how can you go wrong?

6. slowreflex

slowreflex Goblin Champion

7. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

As a single player, I do find Duck tempting, but Perfect Stoutness is definitely not worth it. I do plan to get Superb Stoutness though.

All in all, Perfect Toughness is more reliable skill and only a common item.

IMHO Captain Cedric's Helm is the best tokenless helm for SP and I've bought one. (Crusty Helm is better in MP) Same thing with Vinorkin's Cuirass; IMHO best heavy armor when it comes to arrogant armors with minor token cost. (also bought one)

These definitely aren't must haves, since there are more affordable versions with very similar cards. I just had the chance and extra gold to buy them :p

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    slowreflex and Sir Veza like this.
  8. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

9. ...and I'm broke again, having just bought a Blue Destruction (#3) from RR for the second week in a row.

Maybe at some point I should actually try a wizard build for ranked instead of two warriors + 1 priest... no Searing Pain for me yet... or consider the Wicked Waterways map and see if a bursty strategy can work.

Ector likes this.
  10. Pawndawan

Han Lee likes this.
  11. Ector

Ector Hydra

Gratz! I also have two Blue Destructions, though I rarely use them. Searing Pain isn't a must have for a wizard party, though it's very good of course. Unfortunately, a priest with a lot of Savage Curses is a "must have"... do you have enough copies of Skull Of Savage Iljin or Darkblood Glaive?

12. Ector

Ector Hydra

My Randimar is very pleasant this week. I wish he'd offer me a second Cursed Radcannon or a third The Lunginator, of course, but look at this pile of treasures!

Captain Cedric's Boots (I have one)
    Crazy Sal's Halberd (I have one)
    Leomunk's Kickin' Boots (I have one)
    Mordecai's Staff Of Magma (I have three)

I will definitely buy the Halberd, as I like it very much - both the cards and the idea of thinning the deck with a LOT of traits. Do I need the 4th Staff of Magma? Randimar obviously thinks that I do since he offers it for the 3rd time :)

13. Heh, I do have a single Skull. Skipped on the glaive last time it showed up -- more comfortable running Duality Maces right now. Think I've got more Frenzy-type than Savage Curse. *shrug* There's Unholy Wellspring, of course...

14. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

15. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Captain cedric's is a must if you're running warriors on sp or if you want to run savage curse on your warrior for a little extra punch when you need it

I would also get a million embers because it is quite good for consistent bursting... (important for this rotation especially)

16. Pawndawan

I'd get Crazy Sal's Halberd and nothing else. I'm quite happy with my two Mordecai's Staff Of Magma and wouldn't buy even third.

If you really want to have more 2x Energizing Move boots, Leomunk's Kickin' Boots and Pwindle's Boots are the best options.

Short answer, save your gold. No powerful legendaries in your list, so not worth emptying your gold coffer.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  17. slowreflex

slowreflex Goblin Champion

18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

slowreflex likes this.
  19. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I was being sarcastic :p
    Because everyone who does the LF/farm in low lvl's, always get this thing ;)

20. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Am I the only one who doesnt farm the low level quests? Never got the tokenless cause fumble legendary haha...