Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Not me. I respect you more than that.

Wocket likes this.
  2. Ector

Ector Hydra

Definitely buy it, as you have to play either with the buffs or without them. And when you're playing without them, you need to have a decent chance of drawing your Arrogant Armor in time.
    I wouldn't buy it. You can get enough Cones from the arcane items.

3. Ector

Ector Hydra

Easily. The Sundersong is the only weapon with five Sundering Strikes. You can get three copies on White Katana, Petochl's Sword or The Tenderizer, but three isn't five. If you ever encounter a fully armored metagame, you will need every Sundering Strike you would be able to get.
    With Sundersong and two White Katanas you get 11 Sundering Strikes and really can rely on destroying that nasty armor on sight. You can try all three Katanas, of course, but that would be too little damage and too many Ouch! to my taste :)
    The armored metagame isn't just a fantasy nowadays. With The Softener, Adaptable and similar madness you are likely to meed the armor ruining your game. And who knows what we're going to see in the new sets?

4. Ector

Ector Hydra

5. ...there are plenty of Resistant Hide robes and will offer the same fire immunity, and which don't cost a major power token. This doesn't make a lot of sense as a reason to choose an item with Adaptable (compared to, say, having in mind high-level adventures against enemies with very few damage types, or if you have a justifiable expectation of arcane-magic spam).

As for my RR, well, I'm back to relatively impoverished since Blue Destruction showed up (#2), and perhaps less obvious of a buy, Throon's Quick Laser Shield (#1). So I'll need to head back to incinerating kobolds and jail guards before being able to pick off another legendary... but hey, two copies of BD now.

Pawndawan and Sir Veza like this.
  6. kvaak

kvaak Kobold

So I already grabbed Huetotl's Firebrand and Bleneth's Frenzy Tome and holy crap do they make a difference (prior to them I had zero items with >1 MF)! Had to fiddle around with tokens but at least my priest no longer has to strictly stick to the back row.

Bloome's Barging Boots, Dark Drewg's Mace, Richie's Frigid Laser, Swiz's Circlet Of Elements, Unholy Nimbus, White Flame, Yvette's Buckler. Epics are utter garbage, I'm not going to bother even listing them.

Can't afford anything else right now so I'll probably just save up for next week, OTOH Dark Drewg's Mace looks like a rather straightforward upgrade to Club Of Wrath and I'm running one of those. Yvette's Buckler looks like a decent item to run on a 3-warrior team or somesuch but currently I'm happy with my warriors' tokenless shields and priest's Aegis Of The Defender. White Flame looks fairly decent for burninating but that isn't really topical and as long as I don't want more than one burninator I can just use Overheated Staff instead.

I'm fairly sure sundering strike does absolutely nothing at all vs adaptable since it doesn't remove buffs and adaptable isn't armour. I don't really see a lot of adaptable anyway and if I do getting around it is a fairly simple matter of alternating attack types and purging. Cushioning armour is an entirely different matter, good thing I run my share of sundering strikes and penetrating attacks.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Ector

Ector Hydra

That's right, but Adaptable would protect you from any damage, not just the elemental damage. Many warriors concentrate on 1-2 types of damage - stabbers, for instance, use almost only impaling attacks, and The Lunginator warriors use almost only crushing attacks.
    Besides that, Adaptable isn't the only good card in Korenchkin's Tactical Tunic, even not the best of them. All three cards are good, and the most valuable card is Arcane Shell.

8. Ector

Ector Hydra

I guess it's an armor technically, but Sundering Strike won't remove it as it doesn't directly prevent any damage. My fault, I should notice that.

You cannot see a lot of Adaptable, since no character can have more than one copy of it :) This doesn't allow to rely on it, but this also creates a nasty surprise when your warrior attacks the enemy wizard. Personally I didn't accustomed to take Adaptable into account yet; I can estimate whether my warrior has enough movement and enough attacks to kill, but not whether the attacks are of the same type or not :)

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Bejeweled has 3 attack types, so many of the warriors out there are prepared for Adaptable whether they've planned for it or not.

Sentient_Toaster likes this.
  10. Ector

Ector Hydra

This doesn't guarantee that you will always have different attack types in your hand. Especially if you're playing two Bejeweleds + The Strongarm which gives you 11 slashing attacks out of 18.

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Of course it's not guaranteed, but the odds of a mix are good. If your mage is facing a crushing warrior and draws Adaptable, survival chance is greatly improved.

12. billiska

billiska Ogre

I would love to have 2-3 Korenchkin's Tactical Tunics. I have a deck ideas that uses this:
    Playing with arcane immunity, you can uses the following handicap cards more freely:
    1) brain burn
    2) flash of agony
    3) bungled bolt
    4) unstable bolt

For example, maybe you could do Searing Pain + Boiling Stone

Ector and Sir Veza like this.
  13. If you've taken damage as mage from a warrior, you're probably near dead anyways. Also considering the fact that any team with a priest will likely pack purge, adaptable is not all that useful.

But enough about others. Randi brought some interesting but not insta-buy stuff for me this time around:
    Bolg's Big Iron Plate - Seems like it could be a good replacement for bloodrage dagger for not elves
    LoPiccolo's Lash - Zoltan was a pretty fun laser whip item, but this doesn't seem as good. If only it was pushback parry instead of subtle...
    Mokad's Reeking Skull - Not sure if I need a second, since I rarely run more than 1 support priest.
    Phantom Pain - Have one already, but it's a pretty strong item in certain maps...
    Reaper's Scythe - I could make a dodge build with this I guess? Not sure if worth it though.
    The Irradiator - This looks like a fun item :D
    Twizel's Water Talisman - Flash flood might be useful? Not sure if it's worth paying 2.5k though

14. Fry

Fry Ogre

That's in my Randimar's, too. I feel like if I ever actually want Flash Floods, there are plenty of minor token arcane items with 2 copies, which would be plenty.

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You'll only need Twizel's if you want to stack a lot of Flash Floods. 16 in a deck with the right staves. If you need to do this for some reason, there is no substitute.
    Most players probably don't.

16. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

*A month later*
    Flaxative: So we are introducing a new tournament where you can only use water terrain and must take over victory squares to score points!
    Wow that actually sounds fun... thats a free idea for anyone who wants to pick up on it, maybe make a deck for a new character with a few TK's, movement cards and Flash Flood!

Sentient_Toaster likes this.
  17. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

18. Ector

Ector Hydra

Thanks a lot for your reply! I have only one Searing Pain currently, but I've completely forgot that Mordecai's Staff Of Magma also has Flash Of Agony, and it would be awesome to have immunity from it. I also have Painful Flashstaff and like it. Plus, it can even prevent the unholy damage from Unholy Energy, and I'm looking for a second Cursed Radcannon. So I guess I'll buy the second Tunic. Thanks a lot!

19. Ector

Ector Hydra

If Adaptable would completely protect my wizard from warriors, it would be utterly broken. The warriors should kill the wizards easily, right, if they manage to get close, but killing the wizard in one turn may be not so easy: a warrior needs both movement and attacks to do that, and players usually start with the low-damage attacks to trigger the possible blocks. So if the enemy warrior started with Lunging Bash and then suddenly revealed Adaptable, all his Crushing attacks deal no damage to my wizard for a few turns! Even if his priest has purge, it will destroy only the attached card, not Adaptable, so the attached card will return after the first Crushing attack. That's very annoying to the enemy and allows me to win some key turns.
    Yes, it's quite good. You have more blocks or more movement if needed, for a good price. What's not to like? Even the picture is awesome!
    Zoltan's Laser Scourge is bad, this one is complete crap.
    A yellow token is too much for that IMHO.
    I have two, and even used them sometimes. IMHO that's better than Illusion.
    Dodge was nerfed, so I don't think it's good now.
    Well, it has nothing but fun alas.
    Flash Flood can be very useful, but you can get Bimson's Water Stone much cheaper. As Sir Veza said, you only need Twizel's if you want a lot of Flash Floods.

20. Ector

Ector Hydra

This one is unique, though not very effective. But it's quite useful in SP.
    You definitely need at least one, since Savage Curse is very good.
    This is pointless: not vampiric, and not enough damage/tech for non-vampiric.
    Utter crap. You can get good tokenless vampiric items.
    Buy it if you don't have one yet, it's unique and quite powerful. Maybe sometimes in the future you'll make an elven warrior around it.
    I don't recommend buying this, as the damage is too low for the tokens.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.