Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. kustaa

kustaa Lizardman Priest

WHOOO solid Randi's this week. Time to sell some treasures.

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

If you're interested building a 3 x vampire team, I think 6 x Bynzer's Black Spear is the limit :p
    But to be serious, I've bought 2 and never regretted it.

I've bought one Searing Pain and would love to get my hands on three more.

I'd buy my second Cursed Radcannon, if I'd have the chance.

I prefer Cotton Wizard's Robes over Robes Of White Wylla.

kustaa likes this.
  3. Barrier can be used to bait out moves for volcano decks. Granted, it isn't the best way to do it, but it isn't bad. I'd use it over a flame warper in a volcano deck at least.

Pawndawan likes this.
  4. kustaa

kustaa Lizardman Priest

Yeah, I bought the Bynzer's Black Spear.

One (well, two) more Searing Pain would be nice, but I haven't really found myself needing it yet.

I also use Cotton Wizard's Robes all the time.

5. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Tw0-hundred-ninety-seven more gold until I pick up my second Zoltan's Laser Scourge. Totally going broke for it too :p

kustaa likes this.
  6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

This week's selection is all over the place

Darkblood Glaive - My first. Pretty much gonna snatch this.
    Luke's Iron Hand - Do I need a second one? Probably not.
    Knife Of St. Blenko - Given how rarely I use this, I can't justifying tossing 2.5k on a second one.
    Granwick's Shield - Not completely bad for a tokenless. Hexagon is overall better, so nope.
    Superb Flexibility - Too nichey.
    The Bludgeonator - Have two already, and I prob wouldn't had bought it either way.

Also got a very interesting epic
    Stargod's Raiments - Think I'll grab this

In the WTF cathegory

Yeehat's Sidearm - Did they pick three random cards and slap them on an item when they made this? :p
    The Perforator - you kidding me?

7. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I've always preferred Ring Of Appropriation over Luke's Iron Hand; I really like Gusts Of War and would never change it into Telekinesis, especially when I'd have to pay 2000 gp more for doing so.

I also have Granwick's Shield in Randimars. Even though I'm not a collector, I'm tempted to get it so that I could get a complete set of this: (25 K of gold is really burning a hole in my pocket)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'd like to get my hands on Stargod's Raiments; IMHO it's the best Divine Armor with Cushioning Armor.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    Bandreus likes this.
  8. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    kustaa likes this.
  9. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I'm far from being short on gold (a legacy coming all the way back from the time when I could sink multiple hours per day into CHing, though it is slowly dwindling), but I still try and be very rational about what I purchase and what I don't.

Darkblood Glaive is a no brainer, have been waiting for the first chance to grab it for a real long time.

I'm more torn on Luke's Hand: all your points are sound and I completely agree, don't get me wrong. It's just I don't fully like the idea of dumping the 2.5k on a duplicate I would very rarely put to use, especially when the available replacements aren't entirely bad.

I would really like owning a second one, no doubt there. But I'd much rather wait for a lucky drop than dish out the cash. I will take my time and wait until later this week to make up my mind about it.

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. Accent

Accent Hydra

2nd Azgul's Orb: it would fill out my Firestorm team, but since I have two of Chartwell's Ring, I don't think I need it.
    3rd Deadly, Deadly Staff: I had moderate success with an Electricity-heavy build once, but I wouldn't need three, unless I was going triple-wiz.
    2nd Reality Warper: very cool, but probably not something I need need.

First Boxton's Red Pendant: I would definitely use this if it dropped, but I don't think I need to buy it, since I have more desirable sources of Flame Jet and Telekinesis.
    First Suvv's Boots Of Escape: I can think of a few builds where this might be useful, but I dunno if I'd buy it.

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

:confused:
    Your call. You don't need as many if you run a buff priest, but having more is usually faster.

12. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

13. Accent

Accent Hydra

Thanks, guys. I don't farm since the mines were closed, but I do do run throughs from time to time.

If I had to pick between the two at the moment, I'd go with Reality Warper.

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Ector

Ector Hydra

15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

It's the only divine weapon bearing Disorienting Block. Since the card's also available on several shield, I wouldn't really bother spending the 2.5k for it.

Unless you really want to stack 3+ Disorienting Blocks on your priest for some reason. If that's not the case, then I guess better and cheaper options are available. Healing Hand Mace for instance would be far superior if you're not interested in getting blocks from the divine weapon slot.

16. medetec

medetec Kobold

17. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I'd buy Bern's and Stargod's, and skip the others. Bern's Untouchable Mail isn't really great... but it's kind of unique. It opens up a style of build that isn't possible with any other armour. Stargod's Raiments is good it its own right. The others items you've mentioned don't really resonate with me.

---

For me, Randimar finally ordered in the item I've been waiting for: Asmod's Telekinetic Chain. So I bought that right away. The rest of the items are pretty trash though - except maybe St. Malaj's Cuirass - but that isn't worth spending 2500 gold on when I coud just use Cleansing Hide Armor instead.

Items like Absolem's Leather Shoes, Antioch's Figurine, and St. Qaith's Armor set the tone for the other items. -- not too good.

18. Randi's looking pretty crappy for me this week... Are any of these worth it?

Avakiria's Cup - Already got one of these
    Evasion - I do like flanking move, but already got Mouse Boots and Junpier's Boots
    Forrtescue's Feather Cap - Startrooper's Crown seems like a better dodge helm
    Hawlic's Surging Shield - really don't think it's worth a major for 3 surging shield
    Laser Rapier - Not a fan of laser cutdown, though I do love me some laser thrusts
    Sahagun's Sword - What do I even use this in? A volcano build?
    St. Yatzie's Genetic Console - I mean if you want to play yahtzee this would be good...
    Wenham's Leather Coif - I already have Zero G Combat Helm though
    Yancley's Boots - actually a little tempted to buy this due a lack of energize move in my item inventory

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It's far and away the best blue token sprint, team! helmet. You align Wenham's and Zero G later in your post, but the token costs make a huge difference. Wenham's is better than Zero G when you need the yellow token, and Fortescue's is basically always better than Wenham's.

VermillionOcean likes this.
  20. Hmm... Maybe I'll get it if I come across some more gold. Sprint team helms don't seem as appealing when I can use bloody command.