Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

Need a little help with unfamiliar items this week:

Bleneth's Frenzy Tome 2500
    Snookster's Amulet 500
    Crown Of Mad Eskin 500
    Bloody Bracelet 500
    Oliver's Boots 500
    Chit Of Choking Smoke 100
    Flametouched Spear 100
    Heavy Dashing Boots 100
    Sticky Slippers 100

Are any of these worth the money? I'm slowly piecing together a Firestorm deck, and some of these do contain the card, but I'm a little leery of paying so much for items that don' t have double Firestorm.

I'm also shopping for shoes, primarily because I don't have any good footwear that I'm happy with using. The Sticky Slippers seems like it could be useful against WW/WWE decks, but it also seems a little situational against other decks. What do you think?

2. kogi

kogi Ogre

I like these:
    Bleneth's Frenzy Tome 2500
    Bloody Bracelet 500

Be wary of paying too much for firestorm. These cards/items are heading towards a nerf

3. spacedust

Thanks kogi, that helps. Thanks for the tip re. firestorm too. I've played against a few firestorm decks in MP and they didn't seem so bad, but they must have been not too bad (or I got lucky).

4. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

A couple of days ago, Jon said explicitly that he doesn't expect firestorm to be nerfed.

5. kogi

kogi Ogre

Ah cool, I may have misread a different thread

6. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

My legendary for the week Holy Hellyn's Breastplate. The first time I've seen Arrogant Armor on divine armor.

Also, as for Epics, another Bloody Bracelet which would be nice to have two, but what do you guys think of Staff Of Burning Ice?

I realistically can only afford an epic this week. I'd love to get the Breastplate, but I'd have to do some serious farming and get lucky with a legendary treasure. I haven't seen a legendary anything in a while.

7. kogi

kogi Ogre

Awesome. That would be my pick.

Aldones likes this.
  8. Annieslover

Annieslover Kobold

a few things catch my attention this week.

Robes Of White Wylla I need to save 1k gold more for this. I don't know how viable it is for lightning mage over Arcane Aura cause sometimes mages need to save controlling cards.
    Flashing Longspear all penetrating cards are cool to use with impaler i guess.
    Whiteglow Flail It has all useful cards packed. I am using Healing Hand Mace for my priest. Wonder if it worth sacrificing some damage for buff/ mobility.

9. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

LOL!
    Randimar's trolling me with Halloween stuff.
    My legendary weapon options are God's rage or Sugar Rage. That's a LOT OF RAGE!

I forget if you are more of a MP or SP person, but I absolutely love my staff and use it all the time in the high level adventures. It almost singlehandedly beats the first map of the dragon adventure with those three ogres, just for a good example of it's utility.
    The worst of your worries becomes an overabundance of card attachments on your enemies. It's hard to resist adding one more burning DoT to an enemy when you know it will push the encumbrance attachment off of them...
    Such a hard life. :)

10. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Mushroom Warrior

11. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I'm a SP exclusively for now. Thanks guys! That'll be my target for this week. It looks like a lot of fun to use. :D

12. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

If you can swing the boots, I'd take those over the staff. The staff isn't as great as it might seem, mostly because Wall of Illusion only lasts for one turn.

13. TheSench

TheSench Kobold

Lots of legendaries this week:
    Bolg's Big Iron Plate
    Glasod's Dark Skull
    Sugar Rage
    The Hackmaster

Also, some decent looking epics/rares:
    Indark Halberd
    Lightfoot Robes
    Quornic's Armor
    Rhood's Boots
    Superb Stoutness
    Silver Helmet
    Dependable Mail
    Orb Of Flames
    Storm Circlet

I'm thinking I should go for the halberd and the skull (if I can get the gold, I've got a lot of grinding ahead of me for that).

Edit: thank you VNSAramaki. I usually manually enter the bbcode and didn't realize there was a separate "item" bbcode for items (not sure why I didn't think of that). I've fixed the post.

14. VNSAramaki

VNSAramaki Mushroom Warrior

You should use the item code (green orb) instead of the card code (sheet of paper). Fixed it for you :)
    Anyway, if it's me, I would take The Hackmaster (quite good if you already have mobility), Superb Stoutness (Duck is fun), Dependable Mail (dependable non-token heavy armor) and maybe Silver Helmet too.

15. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Mushroom Warrior

What do people think of the Colossal Hammer? I recently got an Infused Greatclub and was now thinking of switching out my Powerful Sword for the hammer, which would give me a total of five Obliterating Bludgeon on my warrior.

I just dislike losing the reach of the stabs on the sword and the two junk cards on the hammer. Ok, Barge is probably far from junk, but it's pretty situational.

16. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

I mostly agree with VNSArmaki: the skull is a waste of money, the Hackmaster is nice, Dependable Mail is handy, the helmet seems okay, though that one's not impressing me too much. I'd skip Superb Stoutness - yes, Duck is fun but it isn't really that good when it comes down to it. Toughness is better, and you don't have to pay 500 gold for it.

I quite like Rhood's Boots, those are very nice.

17. VNSAramaki

VNSAramaki Mushroom Warrior

Toughness is a great skill, but it trigger on self damage too (i.e Jarring Block or Demonic Revenge), so if you have those cards in your deck then Duck is a superb replacement. Beside, Toughness can also be discarded by cards like Boiling Armor, which are more often used than War Cry.

18. spacedust

19. Finial

Finial Orc Soldier