Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Glad to hear it! I suspect many good tokenless items will become more relevant as more EttSC items come into play.

2. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

My first Atomic Drop Console or my second Searing Pain? Focused Crushing is also on offer, but I just can't seem to bring myself to drop 2500 on it. I do have a Blue Destruction if that makes a difference in the question of Searing Pain.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Searing Pain.

4. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Sort of what I was leaning toward, thanks Flax. We need to talk about Burrft.....

5. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Atomic Drop Console! You have 1 Searing Pain already, and Rad Bomb is waaaay cooler than Fireball.

6. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Just about anything is cooler, because Fireball is the heat.

8. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

9. Pawndawan

1. Mordecai's Staff Of Magma: This will help tremendously is high-level campaign modules and is quite fun / powerful in MP too, at least in some leagues. Nothing really can replace it.
    2. Bynzer's Black Spear: The best (and only worth considering?) (minortoken)(minortoken) vampire weapon. Good in both SP & MP. Vampire's Blade and Lifesuck Spear can somewhat replace this.
    3. Ring Of Appropriation: The more, the better. Staple item for all control wizards.
    4. Bleneth's Frenzy Charm: All Bleneth items are great, but you usually want to first get the big boys (Bleneth's Skull & Bleneth's Frenzy Medallion). A bit more useful in SP, if you want to run melee parties in lower levels.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    Lucky Dice and Sir Veza like this.
  10. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Ever heard of Draining Dagger? (I do think BBS is the best Vampire weapon in the game)

11. Pawndawan

12. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

And what does this have to do with the fact that you're saying BBS is the only (minortoken)(minortoken) vampire weapon?

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Neither BBS nor DD are vampire weapons, you crazy cats. There's one criterion for vampire weapons and they both fail it: no cards that don't drain.

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Note that this is not a universally shared criterion. Some might point out that Loner is not a drain, so BBS is closest to a true vampiric weapon. Others would say cycling traits don't count. It's a philosophical question, like how many pins can you stick in the head of a dancing angel. Philosophy can get you killed. Pragmatism is better for helping you kill. Go with what works for you.

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Pfft, Loner drains. (Note I used the verb, not the noun.) It drains your life. ;)

CT5 likes this.
  16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Semantics. :rolleyes: And this is a good thing? ;)
    Loner isn't so bad in 3v3. When mobs with more moves swarm you in PvE, loner gets rougher. (Note: Vulnerable has a very unhealthy synergy with Loner, and is best avoided) I can usually deal with 2 Loners, but 4 is a bit much. (I drew 3 in a row from Martyr's Blessing twice in one adventure. I don't do that anymore. Doubles are often survivable.)

Melancthon and Flaxative like this.
  17. Stage

Stage Orc Soldier

Truth, I just did Troll Tyrant with a team of vamps. Guess what happens when you draw loner and you're completely surrounded by bloodsuckers on map 3? :p Hits harder than the boss!

Sir Veza likes this.
  18. That's a very appropriately named blessing in that case. ;)

Sir Veza, Flaxative and Accent like this.
  19. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Is a second Mulick's Blisterstaff worth the cheese?
    Also looking at a 3rd Crazy Sal's Halber
    And of course my like 100th Giant Skeletal Arm
    I hope one day to build a Giant Skeletal ARMy

20. Pawndawan

@Juxtapostion: Get 2nd Mullik's Blisterstaff if you really want to push your case in Death March. I don't think it makes SP farming any faster.

Get 3rd Crazy Sal's Halberd if you want to build extreme trait cycling warrior or three identical characters with anger management issues.

I'd say the Halberd is a bit more useful, but I wouldn't buy either.

Melancthon and Juxtapostion like this.