Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Accent

Accent Hydra

2. Accent

Accent Hydra

Depends if you need a smoke or not.

Bandreus likes this.
  3. Ector

Ector Hydra

Congrats on the great items, bro!
    You've said it all yourself :) The Halberd is nice, but there are much better weapons for two yellow tokens.

Pawndawan likes this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Maybe I should buy it. I only have 20 left.

5. Ector

Ector Hydra

A second Pike could be very useful if you would like to build a dedicated Mass Frenzy cleric with only Range 2 attacks. There are no good substitutes for it, especially if you want to spend all the yellow tokens elsewhere or play them in the SP scenarios where are no yellow tokens at all, so you should seriously consider about buying it.
    Knife of St. Blenko is nice, but a vampiric priest should try to discard the enemy armor IMHO instead of penetrating it. I also don't like the idea of casting Inspiring Presence near to enemies.
    Nanahut's Morningstar is well worth 500 gold. I have it and use it for certain SP scenarios with a lot of harmful terrain.

karadoc likes this.
  6. Ector

Ector Hydra

Ok guys, I didn't buy Heartripper last week since I've decided to avoid paying a lot of money for the games, and I don't have enough time to spend on farming. Plus, its functionality would be limited to several high-level SP scenarios anyway. Randi still refuses to bring me the best of the best... at least the best I don't have yet :)

This week I have a third Bleneth's Skull (not going to buy it since nobody needs NINE Mass Frenzy), a second Bleneth's Frenzy Tome (not going to buy it since the Skull is better, and I already have two Bynzer's Black Spears), a third Captain Cedric's Helm (I never play three warriors) and a second Atomic Drop Console (I would instantly buy a Cursed Radcannon, but not this one).
    I also have Knife Of St. Blenko (currently don't like it enough, see my previous post), Troll's Ire and Wellington's Shield. Should I buy the Ire? Looks like it's the cheapest way to get Blind Rages for non-dwarves, and Sundering Strikes are very nice too.

The only thing that fascinates me this week is Automatic Shield for 100 gold :) It can be very useful against some nasty SP monsters, though I currently cannot recall who of them uses only area attacks. Why on Earth my wizards cannot wield shields? :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  7. Automatic Shield should be great against the chess pieces, since those Bishop/Rook Blasts all target linearly rather than specific targets.

Certain Citadel enemies also come to mind -- shotgun mutants, the walking security bots with cone laser barrages, and the turrets all heavily rely on area attacks.

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Just slam-picked a LoPiccolo's Lash. Haters gonna hate but I'mma show Tournamentria the power of this techy weapon.

Pawndawan and CT5 like this.
  9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Chess pieces, all robots, and ogres.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Three (or more) are good if you run triple vamps in SP. Probably not useful if you don't.

11. Stage

Stage Orc Soldier

Sooo I thought having nearly 10k saved up would mean I wouldn't be broke any time soon.

Nope.

Never had Vibrant Pain so I had to have the one in the Daily Deal, then Randimar is having some Best Of week or something:

Focused Crushing was an instant buy, didn't have it, but he's also selling
    Bleneth's Frenzy Charm, which I don't have; best frenzy tokenless item?
    Bleneth's Skull, which I have one of, but I bet two could be worth running, eh?
    Suvv's Boots Of Escape, which I don't have, and having recently been using and seriously loving Reynaldo's Boots I think that perhaps I would like to have them.

and some other gubbbins.

I'm effectively broke again as soon as I decide the precise manner in which to become broke...

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Suvv's are very fun, good choice. I used them well in Modune on a very trolly stab warrior build.

Christofff likes this.
  13. *sigh* My RR has an Skull_Of_Savage_Iljin (0 owned) and a St_Ulrich%27s_Bones (1 owned from that Treasure Hunt), but the Daily Deal had Vibrant_Pain which I completely lacked, and I had ~2800 gold.

Picked up the VP, and ~hoping to luck out on high-tier treasures before the skull and bones vanish.

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I hope you have a legendary week!

15. Ector

Ector Hydra

You'll be rich, but an adventurer's richness is measured by his equipment quality, not by the mere gold :)

It became much worse when Adaptable appeared.

You definitely need a second Skull, but I don't think you need a Charm if you get the second Skull :)

16. Stage

Stage Orc Soldier

True, though I've seen Adaptable used in 1 game out of the 20 last I've played at most. Also, I'd rather have it and not need it than the other way around, and had a bit of gold to splash around.

Yep, I think you're right. So after I click Post, I'll have bought freaking 4 legendaries today (boots, skull, VP I'll probably not touch for months, focused crushing).

As always, thanks for the advice everyone.

17. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

@karadoc: I'd get second St. Olf's Fiery Pike, especially if you don't have Huetotl's Firebrand. Knife Of St. Blenko is a luxury item, not a must have IMHO. It is especially useful in certain leagues (Wicked Waterways, The Golden Shrine, Roll Out the Barrels & Central Processing Unit), where casting Inspiring Presence is easier/safer. It is purely support weapon, you don't want to get on the front line with that priest. Nanahut's Morningstar is good weapon if you run Volcano Wizards in SP.

@Accent: Fourth Illusion is definitely an overkill, but 3rd Blue Destruction might be useful, if you ever want to run two non-fire burfft wizards. As I've said earlier, I wouldn't buy any legendary shields. I do, however, use Quinn's Buckler with my Dwarf Warrior in low-level SP adventures for added mobility.

@Ector: Thanks! :) Troll's Ire would be my first pick out of those, since you already have enough Bleneth stuff.

@Stage: Nice selection! It seems I'm a bit late, but I would have left Focused Crushing & Suvv's Boots Of Escape on the shelf and bought Bleneth's Frenzy Charm instead.

@Sentient_Toaster: Hopefully you get lucky with treasure drops and perhaps manage to find Hidden Bandit or two. :)

karadoc and Christofff like this.
  18. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Yawn, ill believe it I see it :rolleyes:

Methinks you'll need at least frenzy aura or all out attack to make it work, and if that's the case ill be watching for your all-human combo deck ;-)

19. Stage

Stage Orc Soldier

RNGesus has been kind, I just bought that as well. 5 legendaries bought in a day. I shall reflect back on this in the long dark times of garbage offerings that surely will come.

Sir Veza, Pawndawan and Melancthon like this.
  20. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

Bandreus, karadoc, Stage and 6 others like this.