Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Stage

Stage Orc Soldier

Thanks for the advice. I bought the skull (and then remembered I don't have a really good ember burst staff :p) and I'll buy the drop console in a few hundred gold.

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Ector

Ector Hydra

I'd save my gold for a burning staff :) It may appear every day. You can live without the Console. I have one (from the chest) but have no plans for it.

3. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Whichever one gets hit the most :p

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You may not have plans, but many others do.

5. Ector

Ector Hydra

Probably so, but he will need at least 2-3 more Consoles for a bombing deck, which will take a lot of time anyway. Building a burning deck is much closer for him.

6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Atomic Drop Console is the sole divine item holding 2x Radiation Bomb.

In that regard, it might be considered a must-buy if you're planning on putting a radbomb-centric build. Ignore the item altogether if otherwise that's not the case.

7. Ector

Ector Hydra

Personally I like Cursed Radcannon more, even though it offers less Bombs per token. There are two reasons for this preference:

1). The Cursed Radcannon has absolutely no bad cards, while the Atomic Drop Console has one. So, if you equip three Consoles, your deck will have three Mind Worms. The art of deckbuilding is not only in placing the good cards, but also in avoiding the bad cards :)
    2). The divine items are much more versatile than the divine weapons. For instance, you can equip two Radcannons and three Skull Of The Savage Iljin to pump your bombs. This combination is far better than three Consoles + any two cheap weapons.

8. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Hopefully the exchange of opinions help @Stage make up his mind according to what he wants to accomplish with his collection ;)

EDIT:

I probably wouldn't buy the console either, but that's mainly because I'm not looking forward to putting a rad-bomb build together anytime soon.

Sir Veza likes this.
  9. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

@Bandreus is right in context, but your points have merit. I believe the best build, though, makes good use of both, and you can make two such guys and probably a wizard with burst 1 attacks and control effects on arcane items.
    You can actually get away with Cursed Radcannon + 2x Atomic Drop Console + Skull Of Savage Iljin + Darkblood Glaive. Even the Blind Rage in this build gets good use - you have 3 silver attack cards that could benefit from it. This priest is pretty much self-sufficient, and can just buff+burst all alone. It would work much better with a bursting wizard, though. The downside of this build is that all, really ALL items are legendaries. It's aristocrat by design and not by choice. You get a total of 7 Radiation Bombs, 2 Unholy Energy, Inspiring Presence, 5 Savage Curses, 2 Mind Worms, and 3 silver quality attacks. Two Cursed Radcannons may be going overboard, as you'll find yourself discarding your key attacks due to Blind Rage. I must admit 4 copies of Unholy Energy is a good number, as I use that many myself.

10. Ector

Ector Hydra

Definitely. That's the goal of this thread - to help players make their opinions. Did I sound too aggressively? Hmmm... I see "personally I prefer..." there. Looks like everything was OK.

Hint: Stage already owns two Skulls of the Savage Iljin :)

11. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Well said! I was definitely in a poor mood on the day I wrote that :). And you are right! Its good to see others getting sweet items! Plus I am rolling in gold! So thats a plus. :D

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. HunterMike

HunterMike Mushroom Warrior

What are your thoughts on Laserstick? Looks like a great weapon! Selling for 100g

Geez, also Chain Cutter and Energy Fist for 20g and 15g

Any downside to these newer space cards?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  13. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

You are using the "card" link option on those links instead of an "item". Please fix this.

14. HunterMike

Sorry, heh...fixed

15. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

I dont think Lazerstick is worth the double yellow token cost. Chain Cutter is definitely the way to go for cheap (gold) laser with high damage. The biggest problem with any of these though is the inconsistency of laser damage and the draw back of malfunction. You are putting yourself in a position that relies on chance/RNG. As far as consistency goes stick to Bejeweled Shortsword

16. Accent

Accent Hydra

17. HunterMike

I actually just picked up my first one this morning! It is pretty nice!

Edit: Too funny, just got the Chain Cutter from a PVP chest! Glad I didn't spend any gold this morning!

Sir Veza and Juxtapostion like this.
  18. Ewemax

Ewemax Kobold

So I have a staff of million embers waiting for me in my Randimar shoud I buy it or not?

19. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

It's a really good staff for burning wizard, especially when paired with the White Flame.

20. Killer Bee

Killer Bee Orc Soldier

Burfftdiation?

Yeah, time to rage quit when this gets popular. All the dubious joys of playing against burfft + the dumb randomness of slot machine radiation.