Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Lochaber Axe is nice if you need more Nimble Strikes for low tokens. Cadefel's Savage Maul is good for boosting wizard Firestorms and bursts until you can replace it with a Darkblood Glaive. The rest don't make my fingers even twitch towards my purse strings.

Pawndawan likes this.
  2. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

The main thing I'm looking at this week is a Godtouched Mace. I am trying to decide whether to hold out for a Healing Hand Mace, which, for the same token cost, seems like it'd be better in the role where I'd want to use the godtouched mace. Also, since the healing hand is epic rather than legendary, it'd only set me back 500 gold instead of 2,500. On the other (healing?) hand, the godtouched mace is available now, so it'd open up some build possibilities while I'm waiting.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Healing Hand Mace is 'better' and cheaper, but Godtouched Mace is way techier. Especially if you're thinking about running some buffs. When priests Savage Curse themselves and then Nimble Strike for 8 ... well, no one sees it coming.

Mr. Magnifico likes this.
  4. Ector

Ector Hydra

I really cannot recommend buying the Godtouched Mace. Your priest isn't going to be a major damage dealer with such weapons anyway, so why do you need all these techy attacks? One Nimble Strike isn't a Vibrant Pain yet.

5. Accent

Accent Hydra

6. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

7. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I mean, if you're really looking forward to putting a PoK build together, then probably the staff is a good idea? The Robes aren't 100% horrible either.

But really, I couldn't advocate spending 2.5k on any of the items you listed, unless you wanted one of those badly enough for whatever reason.

8. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

path of knives?
    nah i dont "need them that badly" but i was looking for some suggestions for these decks

9. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I can't think of a deck centered around Force Cone, although it might be a nice trick in a wiz' sleeves (still I wouldn't advocate spending the 2.5k on the mirror).

PoK -> The Staff + tons of force/control spells might be fun.

Mystical Wyrmhide -> it's nice vs attachments, but otherwise pretty average (and expensive on the tokens side). Most people would likely pick some other armor.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  10. Accent

Accent Hydra

Sander's Force Mirror is great for the Death March league, but how many of us are buying specific legendaries just for a league build?

11. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  12. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Doesn't anyone anymore check their links? Is it really that hard to try them after posting?

13. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Actually it is hard .. that site is very slow..

14. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Be thankful we're not living in the 80's and using Commodore 64 with cassettes :p

15. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

I was born in early 80's and used ZX Spectrum with cassettes a lot. But it was much more relaxing back then. But now everything pushes you to do things faster..
    But that should go to philosophy section .. ;)

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Or in the 60's actually interacting with people face-to-face. :eek:

Bandreus and Pawndawan like this.
  17. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Was that the Facebook beta?

18. simo4cufc

simo4cufc Kobold

I'm a noob, just finishing SP campaign, rating about 1000, not planning on spending right now. I have 3000 gold and am tempted by Bynzer's Black Spear as I already have Hand of Melvelous. Good idea or not?

19. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Bynzer's Black Spear is one of the best vamp weapons. There isn't really anything cheap that can replace it aside from Vampire's Blade, which I wouldn't recommend using two of on the same character.

20. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Although Bynzer's is really cool, I think there are more unique and powerful legendaries to save for. I'm also of the opinion that 2x Vampire's Blade on the same priest is perfectly reasonable.

Flaxative and BlackVoidDeath like this.