Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Z__Y

Z__Y Kobold

you using troll's ire in mp ? which other 2 wpn do u plan to use?

2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

have not made a deck usng it yet - when i get my first Crazy Sal's Halberd then i will use it in MP (or a second Troll's Ire)

3. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

My suggestions:

Troll's Ire + Double Edged + Double Edged

or

Troll's Ire + Vibrant Pain + various stuff :) (Bejeweled?)

Sir Veza and Foz like this.
  4. Foz

Foz Lizardman Priest

Sounds on target with my take - you pretty much have to bring other weapons that make up for the no-movement Troll's Ire. Both those suggestions fit the bill well, and I'm particularly fond of the 2x Double-edged Sword idea.

5. Z__Y

Z__Y Kobold

is strongarm the tokenless version of troll's ire ? both have lots of 4-5 8/1
    is it worth investing 2 blue tokens to drop three 8/1 , 2/1 to get 2 sundering and 2 blind rage?

if troll's ire + vibrant pain + bejewel OR troll's ire + 2 double edged are decent options,
    would it be better to use strongarm instead ?
    how to make full use of the 2 blue tokens that are freed if one choose strongarm instead of troll's ire?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  6. Foz

Foz Lizardman Priest

Here are some lower rarity things I might consider doing with a blue token in that instance:

Tough Leather Cap - debatable how much of an upgrade this is over the quite solid no-token Crusty Helm.
    Spiked Shield / Buckler Of Protection - some combination of Surging Shield Block and various parries works well (many usable options here) or you can get a few dif Defender's Block shields for a minor token. The default no-token Hexagon Shield is quite usable though, so YMMV.
    Stormward Pauldrons / Cuirass Of Froth / Gauntlets Of The Giant - armors with encumber aren't very good for Dwarves, but if you are playing a faster race they can be solid. GotG is probably default for Dwarves if you spend a minor, or Perilous Ringmail (any race) for a no-token.
    Diamond Moccasins - Some prety incredible cards on this one for a warrior. You can pick plenty of other useful minor token shoes as alternatives if you prefer, and for MP most represent a good upgrade over their no-token counterparts.
    Upgrade Your Racial Skill - Dwarves get some very notable minor token ones in particular, and tokenless racials tend to be pretty sad (with some exceptions).
    Savvy Attacker - Team Walk, while nerfed from Team Run, is still pretty useful. To some degree this depends how much your other team members want movement too.

There are definitely going to be better high-rarity choices for those slots, but that should be a good start for just about anyone - if you've played a bit, you can probably find a few of those at least in your collection and benefit from the upgrades.

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Well, Strongarm is great .. I see Blind's Rage as Troll's Ire only advantage .. it's great with attacks that you can easily "spend" (so you dont get damaged)..
    And such are Nimble Strike .. and most of Double Edged Sword's attacks ... ( range 2, step 2.. ) .. and those are great with buffs
    It would be (and surely was before Team Run nerf) ideal with Dwarfs and Raging Battler ( so 4 Blind Rages)

Is it worth 2 blue tokens .. that's the question ;)
    Flax used Crazy Sal's Halberd with great success..

Flaxative likes this.
  8. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You bought it, right?
    Some say using volcano is being a troll, but if you live under a bridge it can help you keep warm.

10. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

Sadly, randi has been giving me so many good items that i've run out of gold.

11. Z__Y

Z__Y Kobold

its a good problem. many people are still having the problem of 'too much' gold cos nothing worth buying in weekly.
    I even stopped redoing lvl 2-9 dungeons daily since 3 weeks ago and I still have 10k gold after buying these items this week.
    hawkwin moccasins, a spare blue destruction ( in case i need to use more than 1 wizard), and firebrand.

hope everyone get what they want soon. either from loot or from store

FDrybob, Sir Veza and j3st3ri like this.
  12. BlackVoidDeath

13. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Staff of Embers if you want 100% buffed burst nuke destruction (Burst Wiz + Buff Priest)

Barnum's if you want slow roast insta porc-chop bbq sauce (Firestarter + Insta Burns + Armor Removal support as needed)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  14. BlackVoidDeath

Staff of Embers it is then :p (i havnt used my "slowly crisp my enemy to death" deck in a while)

15. Merdis

Merdis Orc Soldier

There are some interesting choices in my Randimar's shop this week, especially:
    I believe there are 24 hours left until shop refreshes. I have 2400 gold coins at the moment, so I have to choose only one legendary (2 if I decide to sell some unique treasures, which I don't want to do). I would appreciate your advice.

16. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

From those I'd choose Wym's Lavastaff, if you don't already have one. Heck, I'd even take two. (I'm only thinking it as a useful farming tool in SP)

Merdis and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Flaxative, Merdis and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  18. BlackVoidDeath

wow - you have some great Legendarys, i would go for VP and Wym's Staff if i were you :)

Merdis likes this.
  19. Merdis

Merdis Orc Soldier

I don't have any of them (still a newbie with a very small amount of legendary items). Thank you for advice, I will probably buy 1 Wym's Lavastaff and improve my weak farming party (which is desperately needed since I usually earn insufficient amount of gold ).

20. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

I would make sure to get that VP too.
    One of the best wepons available and you might not see it again for months.

Merdis likes this.