Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

This week brought Staff Of A Million Embers and Smoag's Bucket Of Pitch. Funnily enough I'm already running full on Burn wizard, so Staff was instant buy. Unlike Bandreus I much prefer it over other options, maybe not enough to equip two, but still. Bucket is bit more tricky, as Glob Of Flame is readily available even in non-token items. Have to consider for this week and see if I can get enough money.

Also Rhood's Boots and Bloody Bracelet. I'll get boots for certain, there can never be too much Team Run and Rhood's are probably best option for Dwarf warrior.

Not worth using gold imho. Lacks damage in a big way and has only Step 1. Might have it's uses in SP.

2. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

hmm, at first glance there's nothing must-have this week in my selection. I'll probably wait till the end of the week to see if it's worth buying anything. Does any of this attract anyone's attention?

Hawlic's Surging Shield - legendary for 2500, how come this is more expensive than a rare Slippery Shield (of the same level)?
    Crown Of Mad Eskin - could be my first firestorm item...
    Wallbuilder's Scepter - got one, could open an option for a very annoying wall-building wizard build
    Demon's Golden Blade - Prefer safer stab attacks on priests (like True Strike Spear or Healer's Spear), but this looks good!
    Draining Dagger - could work well with Focused Healer which I also got on sale
    St. Forgue's Sword - another decen divine weapon, don't you think?
    St. Xarol's Axe - got one, it's nice for the token price, but I never ended up using it
    St. Glist's Charm, Tome Of Pain, Corpselight Charm - priest stuff worth looking at, especially the last one would give me a 4th impenetrable nimbus on my priest
    Rapier Of Rage - is it really worth 2 major power tokens?
    Spear Of Dancing - those Acrobatic Flips are cool, but all the attacks on it are rather poorish for a rare lvl 16 item
    Shaman's Felt Cap - nice token-less, but its lvl 1, I guess there are better token-less helmets?
    Staff Of Winter and Frosty Staff - good stuff I might end up buying if I can spare the gold, a pure-frost build could be fun :)

3. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

The only ones that I really like from your list are St. Glist's Charm, St. Xarol's Axe, and Staff of Winter. I have a Demon's Golden Blade, and I use it, and it's pretty good, but it doesn't blow me away. I don't think it's worth 500g.

4. tempo

tempo Kobold

5. To Sum Yu

To Sum Yu Kobold

Firehide Robes , tokenless and all three cards are useful! I will buy it without thinking.
    Bertha's Big Clogs, I have one but i never use it, i prefer mobility.
    Greyworm Mace, bought it last week, and i remember some enemy discard powerful card due to Mind Worm. Nimble Strike is also good.

6. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Yes, Firehide Robes are pretty good. I happen to have 2 of them and I use them often when I don't have any tokens left to spend. And I equip them w/o thinking when there are Combustible enemies expected.

7. Andrew Talbot

Andrew Talbot Mushroom Warrior

I like my Bertha's that I just bought, then again I have a few Perfect Commands and WoW to help put my characters where they need to be in a pinch.

8. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Pulled the legendary Quellic's Boots , which is a slight improvement over Kerrick's Steel Boots . But this is definitely one of those cases where the epic version is only a small downgrade from the legendary version. Definitely the type of item I look for in the store.

Andrew Talbot and Aldones like this.
  9. Andrew Talbot

Andrew Talbot Mushroom Warrior

I have Kerrick's Steel Boots and they are absolutely something I always try to find an orb for. The upgraded one looks excellent to be on the hunt for as well.

10. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

11. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

If your build can cope with the reduced offensive potential, that looks as a pretty sweet item. I feel like defense-oriented warriors are too overlooked atm.

That being said, I don't feel like suggesting you purchase it, at it really comes down to you being willing to experiment with such a build or not.

12. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

I'd not recommend it. It's two (minor) power tokens, with very little offense. It only has the one good attack, one poor attack and two poor blocks. Too much down side for 2 tokens in my opinion.

13. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

What I meant exactly :) (weapons don't get much love unless they really go hardcore on either raw damage or mobility).

14. Galdred

Galdred Mushroom Warrior

There are a few items I am considering in mine :

The Bludgeonator
    Inkdark Halberd
    Japper's Energy Boots
    Yaro's Scepter

The Bludgeonator looks overpriced for what it does (and the damage cards are not consistent enough imo, but it synergizes well with my quick run and quick steps cards). The Inkdark Halberd looks good, but I'd rather have lots of life stealing attacks or none at all on an item.
    Japper's energy boots would synergize well with dodge, but I prefer my boots to give me flanking moves or quick moves.
    And I'm hesitant about Yaro's scepter to fill the tokenless item slot on my mage (But I already use Runcible's Bracelet, so that would be in case I want to field a second mage in the future).
    Should I get any of these?

15. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

I agree. I've got a couple Infused Greatclubs which I like using, but I'm not at all sure that tacking 5 more damage onto the little cards is worth upgrading to a yellow token, or worthy of calling the result Legendary. If you like just those big hits and the little ones don't matter much to you, then you could definitely find a cheaper solution.

16. Annieslover

Annieslover Kobold

Hi, can anyone give me an advice on these boots :
    Zachary's Boots : The only boots having 2 violent spin, i don't know if violent spin is effective or not cause never has chance to use it in game. But i guess being a golden card has its reason.
    Red John's Boots: have one pair already, It looks nice for tokenless boots. I know mouse boots are better but I may wait for ages before It turns up in randimars rarities.

17. Armoek

Armoek Mushroom Warrior

Violent spin is a good card, however it is not worth it in it's own right to use up a gold token for. I use Wlakwa's Boots but the main reason it is worth a gold token is because of the team run. Violent spin will win you some games though as it allows you to push a person off the victory point and then occupy the point which comes in useful more often then you think.

18. kogi

kogi Ogre

Zachary's Boots : Violent spin is cool for SP. But limited in MP. Great for moving mobs of enemies off a mage and onto lava, Might not be worth the yellow token cost
    Red Jon's Boots: Flank move is great for a step warrior, but not essential. Personally prefer boots with sprint

19. Annieslover

Annieslover Kobold

I think I will save money for Walkwa's boots , team run is definitely more useful for my drwaft teams as they struggle with kiting enemies. I never find myself in a situation to push enemy off the victory point but sometimes I am surrounded by enemies in the cornrer and I think violent spin may be helpful there.

My stepping warrior has been using Red Jon's Boots and the result is so so. What I like about flank move is that if your enemy passes first and then you use flank move then pass, you are guranteed the right to play first next round :) , don't know whether is a bug or intended game mechanic though.

I am planning to buy one more pair for my mage. I run a mage with forgetfulness / short perplexing ray so the idea of running into line of sight of an enemy's mage and discard their hands is quite fun to me.

20. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion