Rate my card - player card suggestions

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Martin K, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Krizmn1

Krizmn1 Mushroom Warrior

Quality: Green? I don't know the colors.
    Rarity: Rare
    Name: Acid Circlet
    Type: Magic Spell
    Range: 5
    Duration: 2 rounds
    Flavour: Tsssssssssss Is that the sound of your skin?

Creates a circle of acid around any character. This could be used to protect yourself or to trap an enemy. As it is now, acid is rarely used on mp games. This would be viable in many situations.

Flaxative likes this.
  2. Finite

Finite Kobold

I guess that Acid circlet should be burst 1, may target self? Idea of an acid pool is nice but the card sounds too strong to me due to movement prevention effect (and hover on self)...
    Originality: *****
    Simplicity: ***
    Thematic fit: *****
    Balance: *

Here is a simple step attack which does three things a new card should:
    - uses existing mechanics in a new way
    - creates some tactical choices so is interesting to play
    - combos with some existing cards creating new deck building choices

Kick Them While Down
    Quality: Silver?
    Rarity: Rare
    Colour Class: Move/Attack
    Damage Type: Melee Crushing
    Range: 1
    Attack: 1
    Text: Step 1. Slide Back 1. When this card does damage, increase its damage by 5 if target has no cards in hand.
    Flavour: "What do you mean, isn't it the optimal time?"

Items: Boots, could be found 3x in "Steel Boots of the Thug"...
    Closest to Lunging Bash (bronze) found on shields/weapons.

feyscape likes this.
  3. MagicLance

MagicLance Mushroom Warrior

Cool idea but since this almost surely WILL do damage it is sort of silly like that.
    How about you must discard one card per enemy that is NOT in your LoS.
    OR; If there is an enemy not within LoS then you can not play a move card.
    Text: "Until I know where they all are I ain't moving."
    Could look sort of like Fright but showing the whole head with wide open eyes.

I would like to suggest a change to an existing card.
    Dropped Guard Play effect 1: Trait. Discard all Block and Armor cards.
    I find that it should only effect Block cards 'cause why should should Armor not work anymore. Also to OP.

Here a substitute card idea that targets only your Armor.
    Name: Busting Bonds
    Quality: Bad(1/7)
    Rarity: Common
    Color Class: Handicap
    Play Effect: TRAIT. Discard all Armor cards.
    Flavor Text: "That moment where I regret not having my armor overhauled has finally come" - Galdo with the small purse

Most suggestions here are nice. I am a bit surprised that there are not more. However, that I can change. :)

4. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Totes missed this before - I think this is more of a 'general discussion' kind of thread *and* it might get more views/traffic here. Please lmk if I'm mistaken :)

5. Sir Chaotick

Sir Chaotick Kobold

Originality: *****
    Simplicity: ***
    Thematic fit: *****
    Balance: *
    It seems kind of feeble. I mean, how often will you get to attack things without any cards in hand at all? Most of the time, this'll be weaker than Lunging Bash, and with the restriction on dealing decent damage I'd say it's slightly weaker overall. Putting it a category higher would be unwarranted.

Originality: ** (well, of course)
    Simplicity: *****
    Thematic fit: ****
    Balance: er...
    I don't know what to say about balance. Replacing all instances of Dropped Guard with this seems like a bad idea. Plus, I'd make it paper - the benefit of a shrunken deck all traits provide should be taken into account as well.

Name: Flay Flesh
    Quality: Average (3/7)
    Colour Class: Attack
    Damage Type: Melee Slashing
    Attack: 9
    Armour always triggers and prevents all damage from this attack.
    Flavour: "Also just a flesh wound, eh? I'll show you flesh wound!"
    It's a counterpart to my last attack. Also, I'll have you find out what other card it references.

6. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Name: Flay Flesh
    Quality: Average (3/7)
    Colour Class: Attack
    Damage Type: Melee Slashing
    Attack: 9
    Armour always triggers and prevents all damage from this attack.
    Flavour: "Also just a flesh wound, eh? I'll show you flesh wound!"

interesting, a nice way to get ride of some non-keep armour or reveal all armours that player may have
    but tell me, lets suppose i have 4 armor in hand,they all trigger or just the enough for the 9 dmg? what about if i have 2 toughness? both trigger?
    Originality: ****
    Simplicity: *
    Thematic fit: ***
    Balance: ***

Refused

Quality: 5/7
    Rarity:Rare
    Colour Class: magical attachment
    duration 3

Range: 3

Look at target hand. choose a card. target cant play that card nor discard it
    Flavour: "No!"

7. MagicLance

Kick them while down.
    Not a bad idea. Could be hard to play effectively since it is rare that the opponent has no cards in their hands.
    How about the opponent/target takes them extra 5 damage when having less then 3 cards in hand.

Flay Flesh
    So the point is that the target takes massive damage when no armor is present but none if only 1 point is available.
    This sounds more like a handicap trait then an a slashing attack.
    To make more sense I would suggest it to be a acid cloud kind of effect or of that nature.

Refuse
    A better word for this could be Locked. Nice idea but how will the target ever get rid of this card again or possibly play it. Duration time perhaps?
    This attachment would be on a single card instead of on the character. Seams like a new game mechanic all together.

??? I have no idea of what he said.
    Should this thread not be in the "Suggestions" forum?
    Is there another card suggestion thread?
    Is there a thread to specifically make suggestions towards existing cards and such?

Till I know better I will continue to make card suggestions here.

Name: Controlled Sliding
    Quality: (2/7)
    Rarity: Uncommon
    Color Class: Movement/ Effect Trigger
    Play Effect 1 : Triggers when this character receives a Push effect from an enemy then instead of the enemy controlling where the character slides to you do.
    Play Effect 2: Move 2
    Flavor Text: "Orc slime makes for some fun if your well balanced that is."

8. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

works like a normal attachment. the target gets it attach to him, not to the card in question ( the card in question could get a x on it or something). if u get ride of the attachment (purge, via attachment cycling etc) or wait the duration to end (duration 3) then you can play it again

9. RoflCat

RoflCat Goblin Champion

Name: Meditate
    Quality: Rare
    Color class: Assist
    Play effect: Attach to self, Stun, Halt, all attacks against you gains Penetration and Hard to Block 3. Duration 1.
    At the beginning of the round, draw 3 cards.
    Flavor text: IMMA B CHARGIN MA PEW PEW LAZ- Word of a wizard right before an axe buries in his face.

MagicLance likes this.
  10. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

It means:

I think this thread is more about general discussions regarding cards and less of a "change the game to such and such." ALSO that more people frequent this part of the forum and, therefore, more people will see the thread and comment on it.

MagicLance likes this.
  11. MagicLance

Aaa thanks for the clarification. Evaluating .... Name: Meditate
    Quality: RareColor class: Assist
    Play effect: Attach to self, Stun, Halt, all attacks against you gains Penetration and Hard to Block 3. Duration 1.
    At the beginning of the round, draw 3 cards.

Nice idea. Bit of an overkill on "all attacks against you gains Penetration". How about no blocking at all. 3 cards may be a bit much.

My Next New Card Suggestion. Pass Wall . A classic from the original D&D that I think could work well here.
    Unsure of if sorcery or what kind of category this could go into.
    Quality: Bad (1/7) Rarity: Uncommon or Rare. Color Class: Movement
    Effect: Freely move through solid terrain by up to 2. This can also counter Solid Wall and Illusionary Wall effects.

12. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Perhaps you were thinking of Reflexive Teleport? :p

MagicLance likes this.
  13. MagicLance

Actually not but I get the point that Reflexive Teleport when used as a move card will basically do the same.
    Would a further range of say 3 be better...no. hmm hard to implement the way I first though it could work.
    How about making it a Trait lasting 2 turns. Naaa to similar to Dimensional Jump teleport trait thingy.
    To make it different from teleporting things it only works on walls (solids) and not water, rough terrain or such.
    Works in a strait line. Distance is the next open terrain. If the next open terrain would end in a tile that can otherwise not be moved on then this does not work.
    Perhaps a Trait for 3 turns since the benefit may be limited to the map it get used in.
    Flavor text: "It must haver been an illusion since nothing can just go through solid rock!" - Alber seeing his fiend do so.

Up next a Shield Block card that does damage. Spiked Shield Block.
    Quality: (3/7) Rarity: Uncommon Color Class: Block/ Effect Trigger Color: Bronze
    Play Effect 1 : Blocks any on a 4.
    Play effect 2: On a successful block deals 3 piercing damage.
    Flavor Text : "The new holes in its hand enraged the monster more then just not having hurt me." - the one who smiles thereafter.

14. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

@Magic Lance: I like the idea, but you need to rebalance. You added 3 damage to Block but kept it at Bronze quality. Are you sure? Make it Silver, same as Icy Block. Maybe increase the trigger roll to 3+.
    Also, you should clarify that the damage is to melee attackers only, similar to Spiked Mail.

My entry:

Blood Magic
    Silver Rare
    Boost
    Magic
    Play Effect: Trait. Attach this card to yourself. When playing a magic attack card, increase the damage by 4 and take 2 points of unpreventable damage. Duration 3.
    Flavor Text: My life is a worthy sacrifice for this victory! - Last words spoken by an unknown Wizard in the Viscous Tombs

(This card is meant for arcane skills and a few selected staffs)

15. MagicLance

Thats good rebalanceing Martin. :)
    Here some reviews from this thread that I did not do yet.
    Name: Cause Panic. by Sam Jones.
    I like it. A random forced card play is a nice effect. This should be a rare card. Mainly for Fighters perhaps.

Name: Pull Free . Simply let this remove all encumbrance effects. I think I saw a similar card somewhere. :confused:

Name: Bungled Teleport. Good one. Being a minor Black effect this could easily be used to nerf various powerful magical items.

Name : Blinding Dust. Damage 2, Range 4. Attach to target (Duration 3)
    When a character with blinding dust attached moves, he moves to a random reachable location.
    As a Cone attack this would work out well but then range 3 and duration 2.

Name: Curse of Unlife. So the cleric can now use his heals to hurt. I like using Misguided Heal to finish enemies off. Good idea save the given name.

Name: Unstable Mind. Punishing a character for discarding cards so that they are forced to play if they even can is cool. The damage and duration seams to high.

Name: Hit and Run. A dream for every fighter not to end the attack next to the target. As long as this card can not get spammed it be good.

Name : Jellify. To balance this more there could be a -2 to all melee damage and/or a movement malus done during this time due to being a wobbly mass.

Name: Axedancer. Good as is. Name: Spellthief. OK!

Name : Time Vortex. Messing with the time line in a game is fun. :)
    This could have a much bigger effect then just attachments. How about it takes back the last enemy action. The played card goes back into its hand as well.

Name : Scrappy Armor. Bit of change. For every armor card that YOU discard (also forced loss) this ARMOR card gains +1. It starts at 1. Max is 4.

Name : Immolate. Sounds more like Disintegrate. Thing is that all fire burns for more damage 'cept this. Guess that would even it out. No +1 to further fire spells however.

Name : Teleporting Swap. Switch places with an ally. Range 3. Make it range 4 or 5 to be more interesting.

A new one from me. Terrorize .
    I leave the classification open.Effect: All characters in visual range of the "user character" must discard their oldest movement card.
    Flavor text : "WOOO...how will I be able to sleep tonight ?!"

16. RoflCat

RoflCat Goblin Champion

Name: Dere Armor
    Quality: Waifu
    Armor: Armor 6, 100% chance (1+)

Effect: At the start of the round, change this card into Tsun Armor, Saving Roll (4+)

Name: Tsun Armor
    Quality: 'A '
    Effect: If you would take damage, increase that damage by 2. Encumber 2.

Effect 2: At the start of the round, change this card into Dere Armor, Saving Roll (4+)

Semi-joking on the name/quality, but I think the idea of an armor that decides whether it'll roll well or not beforehand could be interesting.

17. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

^That would be doable as one armor card with two effects. I assume you would like to add Keep to several of those lines though?^

Attack: Magnetic Affliction /Magic Electrical
    Attach to target, duration 2. For each armor card in the target's hand, they gain Encumber 1. (Do not reveal those cards)

This is a fun card... can anyone see a trick you could pull with this card attached?

*Edited*

18. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

@Jade303: These are all great ideas. It would be cool if you start a separate thread so we can discuss them.
    In this thread here, I would like people to post finished card ideas, one at a time.

Here is mine:

Mind Trick
    Gold rare
    Arcane Spell
    Attack
    Play Effect: The target reveals its hand. Play one card from the targets hand. The target draws a card.

This is a nasty card and it's meant to be. You can force the opponent to move into lava, play an attack on its ally, steal a boost or healing...

19. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Alright, I will do that. BTW, love the Swordmage.

Shield Swing (Damage: 6 Range: 1) (Attack/Block Hybrid)
    Block Melee 4+. If this card blocks, you may play it immediately instead of discarding it.
    A sturdy shield is as good a weapon as a weighted stick.

20. Needs work but...

Barrel Ride
    Silver Rare
    Melee Slashing
    Hybrid Attack/Movement
    Free Move 2. All characters adjacent to any square along your path take 2 slashing damage.
    This is what comes of mocking my fashion sense.

The title and flavor text allude to a hi-larious though very not canon battle scene in Jackson's latest Hobbit outing (and also talks about found objects that aren't in the original map), so maybe Whirling Dervish (though that might be a bit too similar to Bruising Dervish) or Slashing Spree would be better.

More importantly, it's both a linear and burst effect, which I don't think is supported, probably for good reason. :D