Rate my 3 dwarf wizards

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by WedgeAntilles, Jul 1, 2014.

1. WedgeAntilles

WedgeAntilles Kobold

2. UiA

UiA Ogre

2 days and no responses.. eh I'd give you feedback, but I'm terrible with dwarf wizards, any advice I'd give would probably make your build worse. Here's some things that make dwarf wizzies annoying in mp though :
    toughness, parry, short perplexing ray, ummm sometimes firestorm/volcano, winds of war, sparkling cloth, sparks dmg 7+, encumber spells, punishing bolt, whirlwind enemy, actually I guess that covers all wizards minus the toughness part:p Overall looks solid enough but many of your items certainly aren't ideal, which is to be expected only playing a couple weeks, maybe thats why ppl don't tell you what to improve because they assume you don't have it yet dunno.. anyways good luck and maybe you might find more stuff on the mp builds in forums, seems like you're on the right track though.

Squidy likes this.
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

... and still no responses, so I'm bumping this. I play very little MP, so I'm not a good source for evaluation either. I hope you're getting advice in MP chat, or finding what you want to know already posted.
    Come on, PVPers, help this new player!

4. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Okay, so 3 dwarf wizards. 3DC is no longer the monster it used to be, but is still competitive (and can be pesky for other upper-tier builds).

Let's start with commons and uncommons, since these are pretty easy to get. First off, you need more trait cycling. Runestone, Electroporter Novice, Greenguard Boots, Thin Sparkling Cloak, and Solid Rock are all commons and uncommons you can get in the shops, and will help your build immensely. You can also try Yellowdrake Robes or Robe Of Lightness.

As for rares, keep your eyes out for more Trembling Staffs. You'll definitely want one of those on each dorf. Blood Locket is a nice alternative to Runestone (I recommend running mostly runestones with a few lockets). You already have some frost, which is good, but I recommend spreading it out among your 3 dorfs.

Epics? The big one here is items with 2 or 3 Short Perplexing Ray. You're lucky to have Bewlin's Baffling Bauble, but you'll need more! Sliding Boots or something with team run could be an alternative for Greenguard Boots, if you need more mobility. Staff Of Chask can be an interesting staff option as well, for extra offense and defense.

Legends?!?! One of the best parts about this build is that it doesn't need legends to be powerful. But, Moredcai's Staff Of Magma, Heartripper, Bewlin's Baffling Bauble, or other Short Perplexing Ray items can add some extra punch.

Below are two threads you might find helpful. The first is of the orginal 3DC build, and the second includes some different items you could try out. Neither are updated for AotA though.

http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/dwarven-control-wizards.4442/

http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/brass-dissection-mp.5391/#post-54621

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    Sir Veza likes this.
  5. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

3 DWC is very good when both opp's warriors are running 2xBejeweled so they can't do a thing when encumbered as @Vakaz very well knows :p

Vakaz likes this.
  6. doog37

doog37 Hydra

:mad:
    DON'T HELP PEOPLE RUN 3DC. LET THEM EARN THEIR ANNOYANCE... Sorry for shouting it is just the build that most ruins my fun and I don't have the desire to play that style. I mean really D-Wiz are OP and need to be nerfed. It should not be harder to kill a D-Wiz than a non-Dwarf warrior. And penetrating should by-pass Toughness. Okay I am done whining. OR AM I??? :mad:

7. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I don't enjoy playing against them either but they are not that good :p

8. doog37

doog37 Hydra

It's not that they are good so much as no fun. No one wants to be nibbled to death.

9. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

What about the red-haired chick in Return of the Living Dead? I think a bunch of old nibbling dorfs would be right up her alley... :rolleyes:

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I don't want to think about her alley.:eek: