[Ranked] Copper Old Men

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Flaxative, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Sorry to see the copper was stolen from your build, Flax. They do that to A/C units around here.

CT5, Melancthon and Flaxative like this.
  2. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Sour Staff is my fav, even though I run wiz so rarely. 2 Potent spark (nice with Linear) 2 acid Jet (my fav) and 2 acid blast (less favorite).
    Actually with the buff to Potent spark this makes me want to dust off my 3 D-wiz build just to sour it up (and use my hard bought Heartripper!)

Also now that a saw the post "balance" build, for the last guy I would suggest subbing in an Electroporter Novice, for the arcane skill and then a Ring Of Appropriation for one of the sensate rings. you lose a 1 gust and 1 dimentional but gain an extra trait and possible extra damage for the jumpsparks and hard to block for the gusts. Not that this evil build needs any additional help... mmmm zappy old men.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    Flaxative likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Don't your traits stay the same? You gain a trait on the skill, lose one on the arcane item.

4. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I would recommend this. Telekinesis is insanely useful, and Spark traits make Gusts/TK hard to block, which is always nice.

Change:
    1 Little zap
    1 Squeamish
    2 Gusts of War
    2 Dimensional Traveller

Becomes:
    1 Gusts of War
    2 Telekinesis
    1 Dimensional Traveller
    1 Spark Inductor
    1 Spark Generator

Maybe by looking at that, you can FEEL how nice the second set of cards is. You can also look at it like this:
    Trade Squeamish for Spark Generator
    Trade Dimensional T. for Spark Inductor
    Trade Little Zap for Telekinesis
    Trade Gusts of War for Telekinesis

Overall your biggest loss is one Gusts of War. But what you gain is key, and since you don't have a priest attachments aren't an issue.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah, it's an interesting trade for sure.
    I might try it out and see how it goes :)

6. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I'm old (relatively) and stubborn (what do yo mean VT is only step 1?), I think of handicap traits as different from beneficial traits, but yes net 0 in terms of traits. And considering squeamish is rarely a negative... I forgot what I was going to say.
    I did make a wiz build based on Punishing Bolt, Winds of War and Wall of Fire maximizing runestone's squeamish since the only time it matters if I am going to try to kill with winds of war, which ain't gonna happen too much. I am considering swapping in a sensate ring to get Gusts of war instead, but i see no reason to have little zap, unless the trade off is a being able to have a second heartripper... but based on my failure to adjust to a post balance game i don't know if i would take my advice.

7. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I see how it is you can recommend my suggestion, but can't give me a like... :p