Rank the MP Boards!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Jon, Jun 5, 2013.

?

Which boards do you like from the existing ranked game boards?

1. Bridge

66.7%
  2. Cave

47.9%
  3. Dungeon

33.3%
  4. Forest

43.8%
  5. Streams

66.7%
  6. Temple

52.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Dungeon is just horrid with how the starting placement can decide games completely as well as the power of whirllwind on it. My favorit is probably forest but i find it hard to exactly say why its just a fun map i think.

2. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

I do like it, but I think Dungeon is the most swingy. I play 3 wizards and my opponent either has no chance or I have no chance. It's determined pretty early if not the first round. Other maps don't generally have this problem.

It's simply due to the nature of all of the blocking terrain and the amount of time it takes to get around. One wall of stone and you've in a 3v2 for 2 (and likely more) rounds...which is plenty of time to draw another. Additionally, any pushback spells really negate any movement. So if I can get to the center and just keep pushing back or walling off opponents, they've got no chance -- and it's not really fun for either of us. If they get to the center quickly whirlwind enemies is pretty much my only hope. You can only dance around terrain while they get victory points for so long. Either way, it's not the most exciting game.

3. Platouf

Platouf Mushroom Warrior

Hello,

I give you my opinion about multi player map.

1)the Temple Tussle

I love this map, it is my favourite map. This map is the most balanced for me. This map is symmetrical for me it is the most important. Wizard can have line of sight on victory square and can stay away, but if you want have line of sight of all victory square you need to be close and risk warrior attack and died. You can use different path to access on victory square. I love this map.

2)Stream of blood. I like this map. The only one victory square change the game but for me the map is good. You can stay behind the scenery for approaching the victory square. Stand on victory square is hard because all wizard can spell you.

3) Forest. I am mixed about this map. This map isn't symmetrical. The top party have less cache but have easiest access on victory square without difficult terrain.

4) Dungeon. This map is special. This map is warrior friendly. The mixed spawn can give warrior to close wizard on one turn, and it is hard to play team work. Often this map give short time game. I love this map

5)Cave. This map has separated victory square. Wizard can have line of sight on victory square but never all.You can have different strategy with warrior. it is good
    map

6) bridge. For me this map is the worst map, This map is very unbalanced. The top party can't hind from wizard. If you play versus wizard team (2 or more) if you are dead . For me wizard team have control card ( like frost or card for repulse you ) and this map can't you to close wizard. I hate this map, the top party has big disadvantage

Friendly,
    Platouf.

4. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

The more i play it, the less i like streams. Those random starting positions are just annpying. If you draw bottom and one of your fragile characters gets tossed out front, you are in for a bad start. At least with the top the close character has cover. Any map with spread-out and randomized starting spots has this problem sometimes, but Stream is the worst.

Neofalcon and Evolved like this.
  5. Forlorn

Forlorn Orc Soldier

All the random spawns are bad for gameplay and should go.

6. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

I'd just like to say that the changes to bridge I really dislike.

I don't think the answer to making the board symmetrical was to remove all blocking terrain in the middle so that it heavily favors wizards. I believe a much better idea would have been to add an additional blocking tile on the other side of the bridge to make each side the same.

Aside from really exacerbating the frost magic strength questions by essentially removing any ability to avoid a cone of cold hitting your entire team, a team with multiple wizards seems to have an unprecedented advantage on this map.

The bridge has gone from one of my favorite maps (both when playing wizards and without) to my least. It removes a lot of tactical play and focuses more on who has/draws the best ranged damage.

Useless point of data: I have yet to see an outcome where the team with the greater number of wizards didn't win.

Mutak likes this.
  7. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

Agree with Blindsight - symmetric blocking terrain would be better.

8. I feel like bridge/forest are sort of autowin for frost/lava/well teams, and cave/dungeon are sort of autowin for all out attack rush. The other two split pretty evenly.

9. Banezilla

Banezilla Mushroom Warrior

are any of these maps still in play? i have not seen any of them in MP. if this is an old thread then maybe we need a new poll.

edit: just seen the thread about the new MP maps, so maybe to avoid confusion later with release and new ppl coming to the forums this thread should ether get deleted or edited so others will know these were old maps and not in MP anymore.