Random Suggestions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Rising Zan, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Rising Zan

Rising Zan Mushroom Warrior

Hey there, So we have a questions thread so I thought we can have a suggestions thread. Just for little things we would like added to the game that fit the style they go for.

My personal suggestion is when you buy/obtain a booster pack from the shop or wherever we get a sound que of foil opening up just like you would in real life. This is a somewhat personal thing but as a long time TCG player the sound is magical almost and to have it in an online TCG that centers around it being on a board-game would make it that much better.

Well that's my 2 cents, how about everyone else?

2. Running_Man

Running_Man Kobold

I really like your idea, Zan. A large part of the game, from what I've seen and read so far, is making it feel like you're actually playing a TCG/board game. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but that's what I've taken away from everything. The realism of that foil sound effect would add to the overall game experience that I think the team is trying to create.

My ideas are painfully obvious--if the game incorporates dice, then the sound of dice rolling should be used. When a card is drawn from the deck or played, there should be an appropriate sound effect for that. I do think that sound will play a huge part in the way the game is presented, and if it's done right will create a whole new game experience.

3. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

The pack opening thing was done in "Magic: the PC Game", wasn't it? I must dig those disks out and check for sure.

I'd quite like to see a dice rolling animation where the dice rattle down on the table and come up with the number rolled. Don't know how quick that would get annoying, though.

My only suggestion would be some slight deviations in the characters, not massive amounts, just things like holding an axe instead of a sword or helmet on/off. I don't want the guys to be adding hundreds of art assets instead of making the game, but I'm sure that might be feasible for the 'microtransaction' part of the game. ;)

Bryan likes this.
  4. Hopibear

Hopibear Mushroom Warrior

In cardhunter we don't buy booster packs ( as in extra cards for deck ) we can obtain them by finished a scenario.

Hehe about the dice animation, i tried monopoly once just for fun. And there was this dice system they had + sound. I got so fast annoying because i had to wait till the dice was rolled ^^ even if it just took like 4-5 sec.

I don't know if its planned , but i would like to suggest a bit of animation for the cards.
    Example you play fireball and shoot it at a monster, the monster on the field get like a short animation ( 1 sec ) that its on fire. It must be a very simple animation and also if you "burn" the monster you can use the fire animation , then you see which monster have the "burn"effect. The animation will be removed after his/her "burn" effect is done.

Same goes also for other effects like sleep , paralyze , poison, etc etc to have some sort of simple animation that you are remembered who was which effect.

5. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

I'm not too bothered about animating the pieces on the board. A simple overlay of "kapow" when the effect happens and some sort of indication that an effect remains in force would suffice for me. I'm a simple soul... :p

6. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

I have plenty of suggestions.
    -Cards that have multiple uses (If used on ally does this, If used on enemy does that instead of this)
    -Cards that can be used multiple times (If used on ally, returns to your hand, upon 2nd use it is removed from deck, or something along that line)
    -Cards that discard your enemies cards.
    -Cards that assist in drawing
    -Cards that provide aura buffs/debuffs
    -Cards that provide temporary buffs/debuffs
    -Cards that provide attack and move options (like you attack target then move a square, or attack a target and the target is moved)
    -Cards that push/pull characters (teleport other is a step in the right direction with this! but more variety like ["Bull Rush" rush your target, move yourself and your target 3 squares forward])
    -Cards that have interesting effects or disabling affects on other cards (perhaps a levitate card, and cards with ground based attacks have no effect on you while levitating, or like a card that grants a shield of earth and lighting based cards have no effect or reduced effect on you while earth shield is up)
    -Cards that have elemental effects
    -Cards that add resistances to elemental effects seen above ^
    -Cards that puts enemies to sleep who are awoken once attacked
    -Cards that can be equipped to other cards to increase their effectivness
    -Cards that can be equipped onto players that increase powers of other cards
    -Cards that remove said equipped equipment from hostile characters
    -Cards that change your color
    -Cards that turn you to a sheep
    -Cards that force you to dance uncontrollably
    -Cards that turns off your monitor and tell you to go outside and play

ok those last 4 were jokes. also you dont have to take any of this seriously, but these are things that are probably most common in the CCG world, and im sure they have already talked over most of this stuff if not all of it.

Edit: Also something that allows us to see how the card works before we implement it into our decks or buy them, with ither a picture or video or long description. It sucks not knowing how something will work just by reading the card