Quick Step, design choice or bonus effect?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Haxzploid, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

In most situations (not all) it is best to be the first to end your turn, so that you can take the first actions next turn. I don't want this to be a discussion about weather it's good or bad to be the first to end your turn. :)

Quick Step and similar cards make you take a second action after playing them. Let's say my opponent ends his turn... Grrrr i wanted to go first next turn. So i play Quick Step, make my move. After this move i get a bonus turn but instead of playing a card, i simply end my turn! Since a card was played in my turn i am now the first to pass after a card was played.

Advantage me!

[​IMG]

I was just wondering if this added effect was per design choice or if it just sneaked in there due to the rules of the game? My point is that it gives this card slightly more value :)

Any of you players noticed how cards like these can turn a game around?

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Design choice, been discussed here.

3. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Pengw1n likes this.
  4. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

Gaahh thanks for pointing that out. I will make sure to use the search function next time.

Makes the card more interesting! :)

Pengw1n likes this.
  5. Fry

Fry Ogre

oh, is THAT how it decides who goes first each round? I was wondering.

6. kebabylon

kebabylon Kobold

Took me a while as well. If this is not in the hints already it should be.

7. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

It's in the tutorial and probably in the help text as well.

8. Stompy

Stompy Mushroom Warrior

While the pass steal aspect of cantrips can be useful, i mostly find use out of Quick Step and Flanking Move in allowing my warrior to close the gap with an enemy and getting a free swing before they can run away, or repositioning my priest to allow me to get a buff down, Impenetrable Nimbus for example, without my wizard getting splatted. I am perfectly ok with cantrips allowing for the pass steal since i believe that this is the least tactically useful application of the card and almost seems like a worst case scenario/better than nothing type of thing.

Whereas the 2 uses i previously mentioned tend to come up quite a bit in pve/pvp (just played a pvp game where a flanking move would have allowed me to nimbus my mage and keep myself in the match instead of getting routed), who goes first is quite often meaningless due to range, positioning and other factors. In fact, sometimes it is preferable to go second to force your opponent into range rather than dashing into an Impaling Stab or other such nastiness.